PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-22-2003, 08:26 PM #1
CyndiP-GPI

has been a member for 10 years
GPL04 Dates and Information

I have been receiving alot of emails and phone calls about next years dates and information. Please be patient. I have a meeting with the NPPL on Dec. 6th to finalize their dates so then I will finalize the GPL dates so they dont conflict.

Some of you might be saying, "what does the NPPL 7-man have to do with the GPL".....well, I can tell you that next year the GPL will run 3-man, 5-man, and 7-man. We have had alot of request to do a 7-man League so here it comes in 2004.

We are also moving to a new location with more ammenities and better playing fields.

There will be a press release on December 8th as to all the info and dates for the GPL04. If you are on our email list you will receive it on the 8th or you I will see the release on this forum as well.

I want to thank all the teams that participated in the GPL this year. And I look forward to seeing you all again in 2004.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2003, 06:22 PM #2
ThisIsMyUserName

Holy ****, you got to meet Cyndi? You may not know this, but I've met both of them many times, and before this whole thing got out of hand I never had any problems. You may not understand because it isn't your ****ing hard earned money that is being thrown around. You may not understand because most likely, you're not in the 10% of the teams that are winning. You may not understand because these prizes do not effect whether or not you are able to play next season. Until you've been through this, do me a favor and stay the **** out of it. Until my team is paid, I'm going to keep whining and moaning. Maybe it'll get so out of hand that Global actually gives up and releases the prizes that have been owed to us since the FIRST event of the 2003 season, and even longer for other teams. You don't know, so stay out of it.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:18 PM #3
Dtends19

Respect for the gentlemen who resorted to theft is lost.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:34 PM #4
TheSkilla

You're airing your personal business on a public forum, for anyone to comment or get involved in, so dont expect people to stay out of it.

Last edited by TheSkilla : 12-03-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:57 PM #5
PITman

Cyndi, I have looked all over on the GPL web site, and cannot find where to register for the mailing list. How can I get on the mailing list? Thanks.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:06 PM #6
Callbox

GPL 04

Will be located at DEL HOBBIES in Pedricktown , NJ. Sorry I let the big secret out of the bag!
Old 12-05-2003, 09:10 PM #7
PITman

Oh great. Now my team will DEFINITELY not be able to make it... Ohio to New Jersey once a month? Darn, this sucks. Well... maybe it'll work out somehow...
Old 12-05-2003, 11:17 PM #8
CyndiP-GPI

As Always, DO NOT believe everything you read.

Our 2004 Location is not out of the bag, and it's not a secret.

The 2004 GPL Location has not been finalized. When location details are finalized, we will publish the information on this forum, the Official GPL Forum, and via email.

If you are not currently on the email list and like to be, please email me directly at cpoole@enter.net and ask to added to the GPL Mailing List.

For any questions, please feel free to email me or call me at (610) 966-4780.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:05 PM #9
mxopivypxgb451
Original ST Army:EAST

Today is the 8th,,,When will the press release be out Im anxiously awaiting the info

Not sure if im on the mail list i gave my email on all the REg cards at events but whichever. I really wanna know the info.

Quote:
There will be a press release on December 8th as to all the info and dates for the GPL04. If you are on our email list you will receive it on the 8th or you I will see the release on this forum as well.
all info i hope is posted or emailed soon
Old 12-08-2003, 07:17 PM #10
Obey (Banned)

email i got:

"Unofficial" GPL 2004 Information

DATES

Due to the Overwhelming interest, via emails and phone calls, we are publishing our Unofficial 2004 Dates. These dates will be finalized once we hear from PSP and NPPL Promoters with their Official 2004 Dates.

The Current Dates for the 2004 GPL are as Followed:
April 3-4
May 8-9
June 12-13
August 28-29 (joint GPL/357 Series Event)
Oct 2-3
Nov 13-14

Please note that the August Event will also be one installment of the Severe 357 National Event Series as well and points earned at this event will go towards both series. More details concerning the Severe 357 Series coming soon. In the meantime please visit www.357series.com. Currently the site is just the intro to the series and details and information will be updated as they come in. We would like any comments in regards to the working site (what you like and dislike about the site). Send all comments to info@globalpaintball.com or to myself directly at cpoole@enter.net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIVISIONS

In 2004 we are also changing our format from just 3-Man and 5-Man; We are adding a 7-Man Division and altering the current categories as well. Please look below at the Divisions we will be running and what days they will be held on:

Sat
3-Man Novice
3-Man Rookie
5-Man Amateur

Sun
5-Man Novice/Rookie
7-Man Amateur
7-Man Novice/Rookie

As you noticed that there is no longer a 3-Man A Division. If you have any questions though, please feel free to contact me, cyndi@globalpaintball.com and I will be more than happy to help out in any way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to rumors, location details are not finalized. Once all details in regards to the 2004 Location are finalized and the contracts are signed, we will announce on the location. We apologize for the delay; 2004 Location will be announced by the first of the year.

COSTS and OTHER DETAILS

Currently we are discussing the costs and other details. We are doing everything we can to make an affordable tournament with killer prizes. Please bear with us as talks continue.

COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS

As always, we welcome any comments & suggestions in regards to the GPL Series (good and bad). Email Comments and Suggestions to info@globalpaintball.com. Please make sure to voice your opinion so that we may do something to fix or improve the GPL Series as a whole.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:40 AM #11
Spikerz

Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spikerz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmm 7 man is good. I wonder where it'll be played. Where oh where has a 7 man field. That is the question.
So come on local players what fields can support true 7 man?

Spike
Old 12-09-2003, 10:39 AM #12
Obey (Banned)

topgun? 7man fields arnt that much bigger then 5man fields, so it wont be hard finding a spot
Old 12-09-2003, 11:17 AM #13
Spikerz

Does top gun have sup'air?

Spike
Old 12-09-2003, 11:57 AM #14
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally posted by Spikerz
Hmm 7 man is good. I wonder where it'll be played. Where oh where has a 7 man field. That is the question.
So come on local players what fields can support true 7 man?

Spike

DeL Hobbies has 7 man..... By the way Top Gun is closing isn't..

Lainway Sports, NY

GearBag Sale DYE, LV1 F/S/T, ECLIPSE
Old 12-09-2003, 01:05 PM #15
Spikerz

Ok cool that's one viable spot. I guess they could just stay where they are, but it'd be cool if it moved closer to the NY crowd.

Spike
Old 12-09-2003, 03:06 PM #16
Obey (Banned)

since when is topgun closing?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:50 PM #17
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
I heard they have to move there field... Not closing for good but closing to relocate...

I think thats what I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Lainway Sports, NY

GearBag Sale DYE, LV1 F/S/T, ECLIPSE
Old 12-11-2003, 07:58 PM #18
dbx21

dbx21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gpl at top gun??? that would be sick!!!!!!!!!! it would be the tri state tournament to be in.

db
Old 12-12-2003, 06:43 AM #19
PITman

Where is Top Gun at?
Old 12-12-2003, 08:24 AM #20
Spikerz

South New Jersey I believe. Google for top gun paintball =]

Spike
Old 12-16-2003, 12:27 PM #21
spazspike
Banned

spazspike is a Supporting Member
Top Gun is located right at Six Flags. I don't know if I'd classify it as "south" jersey. Del's is certainly a lot further south!