generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat View Post
....When you have your place close to open... come visit and I can put you in touch with the people you need to talk to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMiller View Post
Additionally, it would be a great idea for you to visit some other fields. Talk to the staff and ownership. Find out what works and what doesn't. Learn from their experience.
These.

A few of the owners in the past have stated they would give a serious potential owner some personal face time to talk business and I'm sure many other people would also agree it you approached them about it. Every time the subject is breached the same suggestion is made, plan a trip around the country (maybe even Canada ) to a number of fields, see what it is they do and find out why they do those things. It might take a few weeks, or a few different trips, and a few thousand dollars to accomplish. If you don't have the time and money to do that, congratulations you just took the easy way to learn you don't have the time or money to open a field.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 AM #23
Carnagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMiller View Post
Who is trolling? It appears to me that there is a useful conversation taking place here. The OP asked some questions, and relevant answers are being provided.

Why is the point of your post? What does it have to do with the topic?
its the 8th I'm going to open a paintball thread in the last two weeks. only on pbnation.com can you "become a successful field operator" by reading internet forums.

sure there is great advice to be had by posting on here, but its nothing that hasn't been said before or isn't already on page 1.

I want to open a business, but here tell me exactly how to do everything because I have no ability to learn or figure something out on my own...

Seriously, how do I get permits? (SBA, local city government.)

How do I get insurance? Not an insurance salesmen (not a search on pbnation regarding insurance in the field subsection).

How do I get people to sponsor my business? ROFL

Where do I get custom paintballs?

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912

Last edited by Carnagge : 03-16-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote