Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM #43
licence2kill
POOP

I would agree that there is a growing fundamentalist movement worldwide especially in once secular countries like Turkey, Malaysia, etc

licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2011, 03:46 PM #44
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
What is it that fundamentally creates a schism between western practices and Islamic practices?
It's a middle eastern culture, tradition, faith and value system which should remain with it's own people and allowed to prosper and unite it's own people. It disrupts the west's national identities and cultures.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 03-09-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM #45
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
It's a middle eastern culture, tradition, faith and value system which should remain with it's own people and allowed to prosper and unite it's own people. It disrupts the west's national identity and culture.
I think I heard this bit before.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:59 PM #46
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
I think I heard this bit before.
What we had then in that picture:

conflict between whites of similar religious sects.

Versus what we have now:

conflict between whites and non whites both of different religions and backgrounds.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:14 PM #47
P0ontang 09er (Banned)
That stinky thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Care to expand upon this? Your entire rationale seems to stem from this notion, but with no explanation as to why Islam doesn't belong in the west.
Any religion that cloaks women behind burkas, niqabs and hijabs goes against the egalitarian values of western society and is a nearly 100 year regression in our values. The fact that Muslim men are given a clear preference by the doctrine itself and are allowed to beat their wives(under some conditions) also goes against the "Men and Women are equal" values of modern society.

A religion that allows grown men to marry children does not belong in the West.(i.e. pedophilia). The prophet himself married a girl at 6, and banged her at 9.

A religion whose name means "Submission before God" is counter-intuitive to the progressive Western society which advocates the progress of Man of which is rooted in the humanist ideals of Greek/Roman philosophy.

Any religion whose critics risk their lives by speaking against it does not belong in a free speech society. Same goes for drawing Muhammad. Jesus can be drawn and mocked in South Park, but Muslims throw a fit over a simple cartoon depiction of him. I don't care if these extreme "Talk **** about Islam you die" are in the minority, I don't see Jews, Christians, Hindus or Buddhists killing anybody over criticizing their religion.

This one's debatable: Islam is less of a religion than it is an all encompassing belief system that manifests itself in every facet of life. Most(all?) Islamic nations also have an Islamist style government where religious doctrine is the law of the land(Sharia). An all consuming value system does not belong in Western society where free exchange of criticisms, ideas, and beliefs are expected to flourish--a society which was born out of many different belief systems, political institutions, philosophical doctrine, etc.

I also agree with Wango Tango. Muslims as a whole seem to be a highly religious group in an increasingly secular society. I also don't see any Westerners moving to Islamic countries, demanding rights, insulting the armed forces of that nation, killing citizens of that nation who "offend" them or praying in the streets with the sole purpose of disrupting traffic and being spiteful. I don't see too many Britons invading Iran and protesting with signs that say things like "Europe you'll come crawling when Mujhadeen come knocking" or "Europe's 9/11 is on the way." Don't see too many Christians marching into Muslim countries and demanding Christian law to be instated like British Muslims would like to see happen with Britain under Sharia.

Last edited by P0ontang 09er : 03-09-2011 at 05:39 PM.
P0ontang 09er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM #48
NotNotNotMaxpow (Banned)

Islam. Its just lol.
NotNotNotMaxpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 PM #49
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNotNotMaxpow View Post
Islam. Its just lol.
Islam is the new flavor in america so it's like walking on egg shells when you bring it up.

Once the newness factor wears off the political correctness around it will fade much like Christianity.
Then we can bring back those funny cartoons without having to worry about some guy's head getting cut off.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 AM #50
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Can we swamp Japan in Scandinavians and still have those things we respect about Japan continue into the future? Can we overwhelm Tanzania with Chinese immigrants and still have an authentic African tribal aesthetic and an exotic Dark Continent vibe therein?
I think this applies well to islam.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM #51
Peppermint

As I was reading this morning, we could wish that the MSM would take more interest in radical islam.

"Media Remain Blind To Threat Of Radical Islam"

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...ical-Islam.htm
Peppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:31 PM #52
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

Annual Supporting Member
WldWzl donated to help Peyton Trent
WldWzl supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0ontang 09er View Post
Any religion that cloaks women behind burkas, niqabs and hijabs goes against the egalitarian values of western society and is a nearly 100 year regression in our values. The fact that Muslim men are given a clear preference by the doctrine itself and are allowed to beat their wives(under some conditions) also goes against the "Men and Women are equal" values of modern society.

A religion that allows grown men to marry children does not belong in the West.(i.e. pedophilia). The prophet himself married a girl at 6, and banged her at 9.

A religion whose name means "Submission before God" is counter-intuitive to the progressive Western society which advocates the progress of Man of which is rooted in the humanist ideals of Greek/Roman philosophy.

Any religion whose critics risk their lives by speaking against it does not belong in a free speech society. Same goes for drawing Muhammad. Jesus can be drawn and mocked in South Park, but Muslims throw a fit over a simple cartoon depiction of him. I don't care if these extreme "Talk **** about Islam you die" are in the minority, I don't see Jews, Christians, Hindus or Buddhists killing anybody over criticizing their religion.

This one's debatable: Islam is less of a religion than it is an all encompassing belief system that manifests itself in every facet of life. Most(all?) Islamic nations also have an Islamist style government where religious doctrine is the law of the land(Sharia). An all consuming value system does not belong in Western society where free exchange of criticisms, ideas, and beliefs are expected to flourish--a society which was born out of many different belief systems, political institutions, philosophical doctrine, etc.

I also agree with Wango Tango. Muslims as a whole seem to be a highly religious group in an increasingly secular society. I also don't see any Westerners moving to Islamic countries, demanding rights, insulting the armed forces of that nation, killing citizens of that nation who "offend" them or praying in the streets with the sole purpose of disrupting traffic and being spiteful. I don't see too many Britons invading Iran and protesting with signs that say things like "Europe you'll come crawling when Mujhadeen come knocking" or "Europe's 9/11 is on the way." Don't see too many Christians marching into Muslim countries and demanding Christian law to be instated like British Muslims would like to see happen with Britain under Sharia.
Well put, kind of sums up my feelings on the topic.
WldWzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 PM #53
licence2kill
POOP

http://www.theonion.com/articles/alq...rce=recentnews

we just can't compete with this
Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM #54
mnp8nt
There is only Zuul

mnp8nt is playing at Living Legends III
mnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnp8nt supports Team VICIOUS
mnp8nt is an NCPA player
mnp8nt is Legendary
mnp8nt is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Lol must've been a union job huh?
And in other Onion news: Dead Teenager Remembered For Great Hand Jobs
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 PM #55
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

You would be hard pressed to find anyone in the West who would disagree with you on these points.

Quote:
Here, however, you would run into some resistance (and rightfully so). Humanist ideals of classical philosophy are integral to western society, but aren't the exclusive roots. Christianity played an important role not only in shaping our law as it actually stands today, but also in the values that we traditionally revere when making societal policy decisions. These ideals may be buttressed and/or be succeeded classical reasoning, but there certainly is a vein of Christian thought pervasive throughout western thinking.

Quote:
Herein is where I believe the major disparity between western and Sharia systems lie. Islamic legal systems view their body of law as the absolute word of God, so there is no room for criticism or exchange of countervailing ideas. In western society, it's almost the exact opposite: there is an inherent distrust/skepticism about our law because we have the ability to criticize its source.

Quote:
I think this may have more to do with the degree in which Islam is currently practiced, but there are things in the western world the traditional Islam finds morally repugnant. The charging of interest (as we do it here in the West) is something that is believed to be expressly prohibited in Islam, yet the liquidity of our economies detrimentally rely on this practice. Furthermore, aren't a lot of the problems you've listed the very same that the U.S. has (alledgedly) been facing with our current illegal immigrant problem?

Good post
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.

Last edited by StellarKnight : 03-10-2011 at 11:30 PM.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 AM #56
P0ontang 09er (Banned)
That stinky thang

I meant to acknowledge that Christianity played a major role in the establishment of Western values(and it still does in this country in particular), but I got caught up in other ramblings. As I said though, the West seems to be getting more and more anti-religion while Islam seems to stay at a constant or more enthusiastic rate(fastest growing religion in the world).

You can practice any religion you want, I don't care, but when millions of people move into an increasingly secular nation and thrust their starkly different religious beliefs/values/practices on a society where religion's influence is waning you're going to have resentment. Couple that with signs like "British soldiers burn in hell" and you got yourself a ticking time bomb.

Last edited by P0ontang 09er : 03-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.
P0ontang 09er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM #57
Gagarin II

welcome to the new Crusades, have a seat over there please, and a suicide bomber will be with you shortly!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 AM #58
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

Where was radical Islam before the 1950's? It is nothing but a modern phenomenon which has risen due to the obvious control, influence, and atrocities that the west attempts to exert on a population that, for the most part, doesn't want anything to do with. It really is sad to see how so many of you are so short sighted when it comes to history. Many of you are extremely ignorant about Islamic people and culture.

As for all the slander being said about Muhammad, it is normal for Islam-haters to find trivial points to bring up when it comes to discussing the most influential man in history. The same man who was loved to death by his people, introduced rights and freedoms for all people that had never been seen at the time, and brought peace, civility and equality to a nation which was corrupted at its heart with injustice and evil. Islam spread like wildfire for a reason. Because it had an incredible figurehead and because its teachings were more logical, sensible, and peaceful than anything that had been previously introduced.

If you want to see a violent religion/group of people, read up on some Christian Roman/European history. Villages, nations, and cultures were mercilessly slaughtered on a regular basis. You can find this behavior at almost any point in the timeline, from the despicable treatment of the Jews during the Crusades all the way to Colonial Latin America (which they don't like to teach in America because of how bloody it really was). For thousands of years, Islam WAS "The Religion of Peace". And today it still is, which is why it's the fastest growing religion in America and the world.
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:48 AM #59
licence2kill
POOP

^lol
Old 03-18-2011, 12:53 AM #60
licence2kill
POOP

god religion is so dumb
Old 03-18-2011, 12:58 AM #61
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

Go to sleep boy. Children like you shouldn't be up this late
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:45 AM #62
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
I would agree that there is a growing fundamentalist movement worldwide especially in once secular countries like Turkey, Malaysia, etc

religion of peace
Old 03-18-2011, 02:12 AM #63
licence2kill
POOP

...oops