PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 AM #22
General_Patton (Banned)
ASHEVILLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango_Tango View Post
reminds me of the view of communism in the 20s and 30s . I guess that would explain a lot of people's resentment of it.
His comment pretty much proved why people are uncomfortable with the muslim religion. If they care more about their religion than the United States, whats to stop them from fighting against us when the next world war happens, which will prolly be fought over ideological differences.
General_Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 AM #23
P0ontang 09er (Banned)
That stinky thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Patton View Post
His comment pretty much proved why people are uncomfortable with the muslim religion. If they care more about their religion than the United States, whats to stop them from fighting against us when the next world war happens, which will prolly be fought over ideological differences.
They make up less than 1%(according to some sources) of the population and the Muslims we have here are the educated type, not the war hardened ones straight from conflict zones. Europe has another problem, they just get whoever trekked that far.

Anyway, any religion that threatens to kill people who criticize it or draw their beloved Muhammad does not belong in the Western world. You can keep that **** in your third world sandbox, thanks.

Last edited by P0ontang 09er : 03-08-2011 at 09:16 AM.
P0ontang 09er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 AM #24
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Patton View Post
Not so much the fighting part, but that national boundaries would cease to exist and people would lose their roles/positions. Fighting would be conjecture, thought I do agree, looking at the Spanish Civil War, it easily had the possibility of being bloody

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM #25
bnctaj

"American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts." source
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM #26
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
CAIR... who has ties with Hamas...
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 AM #27
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CAIR members actions speak louder than CAIR's words:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-082950-9083r/
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 AM #28
bnctaj

Other organizations made the same statement... and here's an example.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM #29
ColdBlood

http://onfaith.washingtonpost.com/on...tmas_mass.html

Check out those violent radical muslims, forming a human shield around a church to stop bombers
ColdBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM #30
||IcEs||
kek

guys give dem moslemz some credit.

You can guess who is going to blow a plane up 9/10 its going to be some guy with a beard, who is probably asian and looks around a bit too much for normal day-to-day business.

if its a woman then...oh wait, they wouldn't trust a woman over here in the west, they're too backwards.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 PM #31
NotNotNotMaxpow (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0ontang 09er View Post

Anyway, any religion that threatens to kill people who criticize it or draw their beloved Muhammad does not belong in the Western world. You can keep that **** in your third world sandbox, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
guys give dem moslemz some credit.

You can guess who is going to blow a plane up 9/10 its going to be some guy with a beard, who is probably asian and looks around a bit too much for normal day-to-day business.

if its a woman then...oh wait, they wouldn't trust a woman over here in the west, they're too backwards.
Wut?
NotNotNotMaxpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:28 AM #32
Iamamartianchurch

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/018795.html

Yet another failure of tolerance and multiculturalism. Islam is not a western practice or culture, I don't care about discussing the radicals or not. To me, the issue is as simple as this: It is in no way relevant or applicable to western society and values. It should, quite frankly, Giiiiit out.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 03-09-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 AM #33
P0ontang 09er (Banned)
That stinky thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/018795.html

Yet another failure of tolerance and multiculturalism. Islam is not a western practice or culture, I don't care about discussing the radicals or not. To me, the issue is as simple as this: It is in no way relevant or applicable to western society and values. It should, quite frankly, Giiiiit out.
The best part is that they are often the ones screaming "Tolerance and diversity!"

Tolerance works both ways, gentlemen. SuperSupra was talking about how him and his cousin were left scarred after seeing a gay pride parade. Very tolerant mindset they have.

Anybody who is slightly secure with their sexuality wouldn't be affected by seeing a bunch of gay men. Being homophobic was cool in like 3rd grade. Grow the **** up.

Islam doesn't belong in the West, and I look forward to our eventual rude awakening that brings that belief into the mainstream. It's disgusting that an ex-Muslim living in a Western country has to fear for her life because she left the religion and now criticizes it(Ayaan Hirsi Ali) or that somebody made a film criticizing Islam's treatment of women and he was murdered in his own country. I don't know what else to expect from a religion based off the teachings of a war-mongering pedophile, however.

"Don't let the bad actions of a few Muslims change your opinion." I'm not letting the good actions of a few Muslims change it either. A plane flying into a skyscraper is a lot louder than a half hearted anti-radical protest.

Last edited by P0ontang 09er : 03-09-2011 at 11:28 AM.
P0ontang 09er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 AM #34
ClawHammer
Kraft durch Freude

ClawHammer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
The best part is that they are often the ones screaming "Tolerance and diversity!"

Tolerance works both ways, gentlemen. SuperSupra was talking about how him and his cousin were left scarred after seeing a gay pride parade. Very tolerant mindset they have.

Anybody who is slightly secure with their sexuality wouldn't be affected by seeing a bunch of gay men. Being homophobic was cool in like 3rd grade. Grow the **** up.

Truth.

It's a two way street.
ClawHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 AM #35
Iamamartianchurch

Ah tolerance. The passive aggressive tool to make one feel morally superior, usually under the guise of being open minded. Tolerance is paradoxical in that, when put into practice, to be tolerant of one set of values, you will, by default, become intolerant of another set of values.

The Islamic terrorism, radicals, whatever are just portions of a larger cultural problem.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:58 AM #36
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Islam doesn't belong in the West
Care to expand upon this? Your entire rationale seems to stem from this notion, but with no explanation as to why Islam doesn't belong in the west.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:00 PM #37
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Care to expand upon this? Your entire rationale seems to stem from this notion, but with no explanation as to why Islam doesn't belong in the west.
because they're the infidels, no other reason needed
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:06 PM #38
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Quote:
Maybe because Islam is still a major part of life for those who practice it. Or more importantly, people actually practice it more.

Look at what happened to Christianity. Many people here say they're Christians, but they barely go to church, pray, read the bible, etc. Christianity, for many people, is on the back burner ('cept for the religious right, of course). Because it's not such an important factor in their lives, they tend to align themselves more with societal norms and other mores than with the Churches teachings.

With Islam, they don't see it that way it seems. Those that practice still care very much about their religion, and let it affect their lives in a much greater way than Christianity affects Christians lives.

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM #39
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
because they're the infidels, no other reason needed
Who, Muslims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango_Tango View Post
Maybe because Islam is still a major part of life for those who practice it. Or more importantly, people actually practice it more.

Look at what happened to Christianity. Many people here say they're Christians, but they barely go to church, pray, read the bible, etc. Christianity, for many people, is on the back burner ('cept for the religious right, of course). Because it's not such an important factor in their lives, they tend to align themselves more with societal norms and other mores than with the Churches teachings.

With Islam, they don't see it that way it seems. Those that practice still care very much about their religion, and let it affect their lives in a much greater way than Christianity affects Christians lives.
This is an incredibly gross generalization of both Muslims and Christians. My father would not skip a breath in claiming that his devotion to Christianity would absolutely trump his devotion to the United States, whereas my Turkish friend is a practicing Muslim in the sense that you characterize most Chrisitans (regularly attends services, reads quran, etc., but doesn't strongly adhere to every precept demanded by the religion).

Not that that is even relevant to the question I was attempting draw an answer for: why is Islam supposedly incompatible with the Western world? What is it that fundamentally creates a schism between western practices and Islamic practices?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:02 PM #40
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
...him and his cousin were left scarred after seeing a gay pride parade. ...
They do go overboard at those parades...
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:26 PM #41
General_Patton (Banned)
ASHEVILLE

True that. If I did what they do in their parades to females in public I'd stand the chance of lewd conduct from an officer.

The reason that people are uncomfortable with Muslims picking their religion over the United States is because we are identified as a Christian nation, even if people don't like to admit it. So, as a Christian it seems it would be a lot more unlikely for one to have to go against the United States, where as the Muslim faith isn't one that is that well accepted or made for western society.
General_Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:44 PM #42
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Quote:
Who, Muslims?

This is an incredibly gross generalization of both Muslims and Christians. My father would not skip a breath in claiming that his devotion to Christianity would absolutely trump his devotion to the United States, whereas my Turkish friend is a practicing Muslim in the sense that you characterize most Chrisitans (regularly attends services, reads quran, etc., but doesn't strongly adhere to every precept demanded by the religion).

Not that that is even relevant to the question I was attempting draw an answer for: why is Islam supposedly incompatible with the Western world? What is it that fundamentally creates a schism between western practices and Islamic practices?
gross generalization yes, but I don't think it's too far off the mark.

I know, right?