Old 03-07-2011, 03:50 AM #1
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Do you have any food hookups?

So any resturants hook you up with food? Any regular discounts? Do you work somewhere and get hookups? Post plz.

So, turns out most of the guys who work at a subway 2 minutes away from me are piratically my neighbors and sometimes we party together. Generally I get free soda or double meat but sometimes I get a double sandwich.

A double sandwich is the sandwich I order, plus the meat of another sandwich placed on to 1 breadloaf. Usually they just have fun because they know theres not a thing on the menu I won't eat. Best double was a BMT topped with a Phili steak.

Another friend of mine is a delivery boy and usually comes through with a 50% off discount on pizza. He can snag 3 mediums for like $6.00

When I worked at Jamba Juice (I know... ****ing highschool job) we would get 1 free smoothie a day, and as many baked goods as desired.

When I worked at an arcade I got an all access pass to the snackbar. Pizza, Slurpies, and other kid-arcade food. Sometimes I'd take home some pizza and eat it for a day or so. The minimum wage was ok, but staying full for a day or two for free was nice.

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 AM #2
m60gunner
Your Spyder Blows..Back!

m60gunner supports Team VICIOUS
m60gunner is reppin' sidebar 4 life
m60gunner has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
m60gunner has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
m60gunner has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The shop i work at is known really well in our town, so there isn't a place that we can't drop the name and get a discount or free stuff. Sometimes if we've done work for one of the other business owners they'll bring us free food. Best one is this BBQ place that brings us brisket.
m60gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 PM #3
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

I've eaten up near $400 worth of subway this year and probably paid a grand total of $5. I get charged a penny to have the person say they made me pay. It's great.

My bro works at a coffee shop and I get beverages and snacks. He works next door to the most bomb mexican restaurant so I get days of nachos, burriots, tacos, and all the works for free.

My friend works at a pizza place so I get free pizza.

My friend just started work at KFC so I get them chicken popcorn snacks all day.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM #4
Jasper24
I called out Junior Brown

Jasper24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You are the reason why peoples food cost percentage is way off at the end of the month. This causes the price of food to increase and cuts in the budget to meet their monthly food cost.

My Feedback
Jasper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:44 AM #5
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

umad

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
Old 03-08-2011, 02:06 AM #6
impdaddy

impdaddy plays in the PSP
impdaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
a franchise like sub way allows for a high food cost 36~38% percent so somefree food wont hurt
impdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 AM #7
Digits
A-Train

has been a member for 10 years
I get 40% off at the bar I work at but I usually just eat whatever I want and no one says nothing. I just pay if it's something like a steak..
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 PM #8
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper24 View Post
You are the reason why peoples food cost percentage is way off at the end of the month. This causes the price of food to increase and cuts in the budget to meet their monthly food cost.
Because I both...

A.) Eat ****ty fast food every day
B.) Some how have impacted America's food workers as a whole...

I haven't touched KFC, Pizza, or the Mexican place in months. I eat Subway when I'm lazy. Mind you the sandwiches are about $14 a piece so it isn't that many. And long story short. Umad.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 PM #9
PBkid23 V.What?
Great White Buffalo

PBkid23 V.What? helped look for balloons
PBkid23 V.What? has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
You'd think that wouldn't you, but at the pizza place i work at, we sell enough in a day to make up for what all the employees eat/give away. Its not like we're taking entire slabs of proscuitto or pork shoulders, but i eat/take enough that i rarely go grocery shopping anymore, and there are about 6 other people i work with that do the same.
PBkid23 V.What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:08 PM #10
Jasper24
I called out Junior Brown

Jasper24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thats because you don't know anything about the business of running a restaurant. You don't understand how theft, waste, and spoilage affects food cost. I can bet you your food cost at the pizza place you work is extremely high. It doesn't matter how much pizza you sell. Do you know your restaurants break even point? Did you cost all of your menu items? Do you know your fixed expenses? Do you do inventory every month? Do you know the actual and projected food sales? Whats your gross profit? Whats your food to beverage ratio? How about labor cost? Prime cost? Do you know your variable expenses? I can promise that the 7 of you are costing that pizza place a lot of money.

My Feedback

Last edited by Jasper24 : 03-09-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Jasper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM #11
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

My friends mom owns a pretty popular bakery in town. One time they made a huge amount of donuts and had lots left over. My friends and I ended up taking home two HUGE trashbags full of donuts.

I still get random discounts when I go in there. Last time I got 1.5 dozen donuts for $3. I love this place.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM #12
PBkid23 V.What?
Great White Buffalo

PBkid23 V.What? helped look for balloons
PBkid23 V.What? has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Thats because you don't know anything about the business of running a restaurant. You don't understand how theft, waste, and spoilage affects food cost. I can bet you your food cost at the pizza place you work is extremely high. It doesn't matter how much pizza you sell. Do you know your restaurants break even point? Did you cost all of your menu items? Do you know your fixed expenses? Do you do inventory every month? Do you know the actual and projected food sales? Whats your gross profit? Whats your food to beverage ratio? How about labor cost? Prime cost? Do you know your variable expenses? I can promise that the 7 of you are costing that pizza place a lot of money.
You're right, i dont know the business of running a restaurant, but I'm willing to bet that the owner does and if hes told me that we arent affecting the restaurant's bottom line, then ill take his word on that.
PBkid23 V.What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM #13
PillsburyDoughboy
CondomDealerExtraordinair

PillsburyDoughboy is a Supporting Member
PillsburyDoughboy helped look for balloons
PillsburyDoughboy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ok so hookups and ****ty job, or real job that pays good and I buy my food and have money to buy other ****?

you decide.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=638985
I love dirty dirty house music....
PillsburyDoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 AM #14
zedtheundead

I get free Elk, boar, pheasant, rabbit, and other assorted game meats from work. I'm the usually one running the kitchen so no one really notices although they wouldn't mind if I take the left over meat home. That and hot sauce
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 AM #15
T3H_MA$TA
MEMFAMOUS

not a huge discount, but at this middle eastern pita place around the corner from me, i get half off on any pita (most of them are ~6.00) and usually he'll ask me if i want some free falafel and hummus. I started going there a lot last year because its down the street, cheap (6$ is awesome for how huge these pita wraps are), and healthy; now me and the owner (usually the only one working there) are on a first name basis and if i call my order ahead, all i have to say is "hey, this is max" and he knows exactly what i want.

i feel speshul.

also. when i used to work at a high end grocery we got pretty much free reign on everything. as long as we werent getting cart-fulls of ****, at the end of every shift we could walk around the store and piece together good size meals out of the inventory. and we also got free **** from the deli/bakery whenever we wanted. i pretty much ate free for almost a year.

Last edited by T3H_MA$TA : 03-24-2011 at 10:33 AM.
T3H_MA$TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:33 PM #16
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

Went to my hookups subway today and ordered the 5$ meatball.

Somehow they threw like 15 meatballs on it. This was around 2pm its now 7:30 and I am still ****ing full.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:48 PM #17
Mr.AmaZiN
A Witty User Title

Quote:
dot. got my hours cut because of this nonsense, not gonna say i dont participate though

But i work at dunkin donuts (highschool job of course) and we basically can have anything for free. And when im working nights, the local pizza place from across the street will bring us random foods for free. The other night i got a medium cheese/pepperoni pizza and mozzarella sticks. Delicious
Mr.AmaZiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:49 PM #18
P0ontang 09er (Banned)
That stinky thang

I work on a farm.

All the free vegetables I could ever need. Unfortunately, they aren't as delicious as a real meal.
P0ontang 09er is offline   Reply With Quote