Old 06-21-2014, 05:14 PM #1
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Shootingropes supports Empire
TM-15 Issues

I posted this in the Tech thread as well, but see that it doesn't get that much use.

I have a TM15 I'm trying to fix right now. The solenoid is not clicking, even when the eyes are off. I got it working for a whole 5 minutes, started putting it back together, tried again, and the sucker stopped working again. Beyond frustrated.

I've gone through the troubleshooting guide in the manual and ruled out everything besides the solenoid having to be serviced. I took it apart a couple of times, but can not get to the guts of the thing. I've also read about Gen 1 solenoid sticking. Could be the case here.

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2014, 09:40 PM #2
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
Could be the solenoid, I thought that was more of a TM7 thing since its a bit older but the same internals. What's your serial number and how many cases of paint has it seen.
Also, last time this happened to me, my APE board programming got messed up. I had to reset the board. Also, it sounds like the trigger isnt reading. Have you messed with the trigger stop screws? The marker reads the trigger as being pulled when the magnet moves far enough from the board. Make sure the trigger stop isn't preventing it from moving far enough away.

I'll shut up now.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:48 PM #3
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Shootingropes supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twaltz628 View Post
Could be the solenoid, I thought that was more of a TM7 thing since its a bit older but the same internals. What's your serial number and how many cases of paint has it seen.
Also, last time this happened to me, my APE board programming got messed up. I had to reset the board. Also, it sounds like the trigger isnt reading. Have you messed with the trigger stop screws? The marker reads the trigger as being pulled when the magnet moves far enough from the board. Make sure the trigger stop isn't preventing it from moving far enough away.

I'll shut up now.
Haha don't shut up. The trigger is reading because the background LED blinks red when the trigger is depressed.

Where is the serial number located? I do not know how many cases have been through the marker, but if I had to give a rough estimate, 15-25 cases.

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 PM #4
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
The serial number is on the ASA I think. Another one is internal next to the board. However, if it's not the trigger and you have that much paint through it, it's not unreasonable to be the solenoid. Still, try to reset the board to default. One of my buddies screwed the board up mid game somehow and it didn't work till I reset the board. Similar symptoms to what you have. If its not that, it probably is the noid.