Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-24-2003, 11:37 AM #22
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Terry, are you and IronKids having a contest to see who will get banned the most ?
Old 11-24-2003, 11:41 AM #23
terry_wendel
I disagree!

Who is Ironkids?

I have only been banned a few times. Perma-banned once.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:19 PM #24
JakeyPoo
the name's Jacob

JakeyPoo is a Supporting Member
JakeyPoo is an NCPA player
JakeyPoo plays in the APPA D4 division
fight.. fight.. fight.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:03 PM #25
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by benzy2
I love it. saying ag g is blocked but the mods(sellout) can come in and call people assclown numerous times and call them jackasses. So you swear and think it is ok but when they bypass it they are wrong. Great to see you use your power in a good way.
Quote:
Originally posted by sellout007
benzy - Did it ever occur to you that the word is being filtered out for other reasons then it being a *swear* word. Did it ever occur to you that it might be part of a website we dont want to be posted on PBN? Did it ever occur to you that it might be something you dont know?

Guess not eh?
Hey where in my statement did i say the word of topic was a swear word? I said they bypassed the filter. You assumed I thought it was a swear word. I know that some frases/words get annoying and for the good of the website they are blcocked. I wasnt arguing for or against that. So before you go and try ripping on me you should read what i post. It might help.

And terry i knew what you meant. No harm done.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:20 PM #26
sellout007
shalafi

sellout007 is a Supporting Member
"I love it. saying ag g is blocked but the mods(sellout) can come in and call people assclown numerous times and call them jackasses. So you swear and think it is ok but when they bypass it they are wrong. Great to see you use your power in a good way. "

For one it was implied, since you compared it to me using swear words.

*** is filtered, assclown is not. I have not avoided the swearfilter have I?

Terry didnt avoid the swear filter either by linking them together. So technically he isnt as fault either. Or i am at as much fault as he is. Not sure which. *lol*

But if went into somes thread and linked alot of words that are caught by the swear filter you better belive it would cause problems... But i dont.

708Paintball
Old 11-24-2003, 01:21 PM #27
sellout007
shalafi

Quote:
Originally posted by terry_wendel
Yeah, that's it, I'm trying to be cute. How's it working? Am I as cute as... that kid from Malcolm yet? I don't know of anyway I can be cuter. Maybe put a bow around my neck and shine my shoes.

If I play, I loose??? What am I going to loosen? I never knew I tightened anything to begin with. You just lost me on that sentence.

Hmm your almost as cute as the kid from malcom. Just gotta work a weee bit harder! The bow might ad .5 to your cuteness level. o)

aAd typo. Was hoping you might be able to figure that one out. O)

708Paintball
Old 11-24-2003, 01:29 PM #28
terry_wendel
I disagree!

Damn, I don't have a bow.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:38 PM #29
sellout007
shalafi

Just get a clip on tie from kmart! Those always do the trick, ya know the ones that are like 8 inches to short!

708Paintball
Old 11-24-2003, 01:48 PM #30
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

Terry didnt avoid the swear filter either by linking them together. So technically he isnt as fault either. Or i am at as much fault as he is. Not sure which. *lol*

But if went into somes thread and linked alot of words that are caught by the swear filter you better belive it would cause problems... But i dont. [/b]
I guess you took what i said wrong in my first post. That is understandable seeing the internet doesnt show emotions or anything like that. I have no problems with that. My next question is about the words that arent filtered. I was reading a thread ( http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=347253 to be exact) and it said the reason for banning was because of using foul words that arent filtered. Now i have no problem with it going either way here. I wouldnt mind being able to say those words without punishment but i just would like clarification as to if they are bannable or not. I really am just unsure of what is ok and what is wrong. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:06 PM #31
sellout007
shalafi

yeah internet aint the best thing for showing emotions. Unless you use little cornyt higns like this.. O( or O) or *lol* O)

But anywho in regards to the thread you linked me to. If you read it in its entirety that user got banned not just for bypassing the swear filter *once or twice* like saying assclown. He posted a whole slue of words together and his only intention in posting was to swear and bypass the filter.

When i said assclown, i dont intentionally break teh swear filter. I didnt dvize the word so it works past the filter. If you watch WWE jericho uses it all the time. Nor did i accompany it with several other words. Nor was my posts sole intention to bypass the filter and insult a user.

If you intentionally go aorund the filter you will get busted. For exacmple: ********. You know full well that its not allowed. And you know by stringing them together it wont filter them out. And it also goes along with ocntext of your post. Moderators here are not dumb, we can tell what your post intended when you us words like that.

708Paintball
Old 11-24-2003, 02:08 PM #32
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
alright sounds good to me. I did go and reread that thread it is clear to me now what his intentions were. Glad I could get clarification peacefully. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:17 PM #33
sellout007
shalafi

No problemo! Glad we got on the same page... or at least close to it! o)

708Paintball
Old 11-24-2003, 02:41 PM #34
MeRcaNtiCo
OGDT 12/29

MeRcaNtiCo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
"I love it. saying ag g is blocked but the mods(sellout) can come in and call people assclown numerous times and call them jackasses. So you swear and think it is ok but when they bypass it they are wrong. Great to see you use your power in a good way. "

But if went into somes thread and linked alot of words that are caught by the swear filter you better belive it would cause problems... But i dont.
but dude......rebel didnt avoid the swear filter either, coming from your above statement, he isnt at fault either. he was illustrating a point, and someone banned him for using words that arent filtered as an example, not saying you should do something, just take into consideration k?

I like alcohol
Old 11-24-2003, 02:44 PM #35
MeRcaNtiCo
OGDT 12/29

MeRcaNtiCo is a Supporting Member
oh ya......i already know you dont care.

I like alcohol
Old 11-29-2003, 07:26 PM #36
xXIrishXx
My Chemical Romance

Quote:
.*** ***** are both filtered seperately, hence no matter what they should not be used. Just because the filter doesnt catch it doesnt mean we wont toss your *** for using them.

Quote:

Contradiction...maybe?
Old 11-29-2003, 07:39 PM #37
sellout007
shalafi

Quote:
Originally posted by xXIrishXx
Contradiction...maybe?
You would assume so when taken out of context.

Quote:
But anywho in regards to the thread you linked me to. If you read it in its entirety that user got banned not just for bypassing the swear filter *once or twice* like saying assclown. He posted a whole slue of words together and his only intention in posting was to swear and bypass the filter.

When i said assclown, i dont intentionally break teh swear filter. I didnt dvize the word so it works past the filter. If you watch WWE jericho uses it all the time. Nor did i accompany it with several other words. Nor was my posts sole intention to bypass the filter and insult a user.

If you intentionally go aorund the filter you will get busted. For exacmple: ********. You know full well that its not allowed. And you know by stringing them together it wont filter them out. And it also goes along with ocntext of your post. Moderators here are not dumb, we can tell what your post intended when you us words like that.
Taken in context its explained. Understand?

PS - I need to learn to use spell checker!~

708Paintball
Old 11-30-2003, 02:03 PM #38
xXIrishXx
My Chemical Romance

True, but I just wanted to post something.