Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2011, 03:54 PM #1
StealingYerMail

Is the Critical Feedneck the only other option?

I'm assuming it is, otherwise I would have found some more info on this.

I feel like the Quest could be really low-profile, it's already quite short, more "off-balance" in my opinion than anything and that's a big thing for me, especially considering how perfect the Quest feels without a loader... in my opinion if a gun is going to be tall, it might as well be a poppet. Even if my loader sat slightly lower I would be happy, and with the length of the stock feedneck, I cannot cut my loader (Ricochet AK). I used to use a Halo with a cut neck, but I'd take my AK over any Halo.

Is there any reason why I couldn't cut the stock feedneck? If I could trim the stock one, I could then trim the loader. I have an old Quest feedneck so I wouldn't be chopping up my current one. And $40 seems a bit steep for the Critical one which isn't even a no-rise, but a nice feedneck in it's own right, I had one on my first Quest.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 PM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The Quest doesn't use a common feed neck thread, and to the best of my knowledge, the Critical feed neck is indeed the only after market feed neck available.

The problem with trimming the top of the stock feed neck is that there is a rim there to hold the clamping ring in place - trim the top and you lose the rim. If you were careful, that shouldn't really be an issue I suppose.

Thing is though that the rim is very small anyway, so you wouldn't gain (or lose as the case may be! ) much by removing it. That would then mean needing a narrower clamping ring so that you could shorten the feed neck more without the ring getting in the way.

The Critical feed neck sits a little lower at the base, and has been shortened quite a bit at the top. With a short loader neck, your loader can sit pretty low. You also have the bonus of a lever clamping feed neck, rather than just screw clamping.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:31 AM #3
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
If you want to go all crazy on the feedneck, take a stock one, cut some metal off the bottom on it, and re-thread it. That would be cool.
eatafetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM #4
StealingYerMail

That would be cool and I thought about that -- I don't have the equipment (or skill) to do that though.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote