PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM #1
El_Banga007

Post Indoor Paintball In Lexington, Ky

WHAT IT DO FELLOW PB PLAYERS?

IM LOOKING TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO BRING INDOOR PAINTBALL TO LEXINGTON, KY. I HEAR THAT A FEW HAVE TRIED BUT WASNT VERY SUCCESSFUL IN THEIR ATTEMPTS. I HAVE A FEW SPOTS THAT I HAVE IN MIND FOR IDEAL SPOTS FOR ATLEAST 2 INDOOR FIELDS UNDER ONE ROOF. SO IF YOU KNOW OF A WAY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN EMAIL ME OR POST UP INFO. POST LINKS TO LAWS THAT ARE NOT ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN ALSO..

THANKS AND HAVE A AWESOME DAY

DE BOYD
CEO.BANGITINC@GMAIL.COM
El_Banga007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2011, 01:59 PM #2
pookie12
PG is what made ME

pookie12 plays in the PSP
pookie12 plays in the APPA D3 division
pookie12 supports DLX Technology
Hope you have FAT pockets. Not Trying to hate, but don't get those from the Lex's hopes up unless you are serious about this venture. Lexington is overdue for a good field, but this same exact thing is posted every year with no results. Maybe its the Laws, or maybe its the huge financial factor that is required to start an indoor field. There are a lot of expenses that many overlook.

Good luck, and I hope you make it happen.
Xavier McCurry fan #2
Killing Fields Pb Media

2008 C.T.S. Series runner-up - 2009 S.E.P.S. Series Champion - 2010 MSXL Series Champion - 2011 MSXL Series Champion - 2012 MSXL Series Champion
pookie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:55 PM #3
gimpwill

has been a member for 10 years
would love to see this happen

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=808082
gimpwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 PM #4
hagan

Annual Supporting Member
hagan supports Cereal Killerz 2
hagan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hagan supports Team VICIOUS
hagan supports Empire
Good Luck, hope it works out.

last I remember about the laws it all depeands on how you read it and how the powers that be read it.

search in the kentucky forum and you will see, like mentioned above, that this topic has come up many times.

hell i did it for you. most recent
and another

also talk some people out side of paintball, you will find that there is a lot of shade tree lawyers here.

Colorado Fusion
Eastern Kentucky University

Last edited by hagan : 02-28-2011 at 05:33 PM.
hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:29 PM #5
LEX_BALLER 3

LEX_BALLER 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
LEX_BALLER 3 supports Team VICIOUS
LEX_BALLER 3 is for the Gunfight
This would be awesome. I would have to drive 1 hour and half to get to a decent field. Let me know if you need any help setting up or anything like that i would be more than happy to lend a hand.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM #6
T-REX7
Farm Boy

T-REX7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
T-REX7 supports Bob Gurnsey
Let me know if you get this going I'd be glad to lend a hand... I also have alot of good used field gear for sale I'd give you a good price on to help you get started

Closing down my indoor field and store all kinds of field gear and stuff for sale pm me for more info

Cowboy Up
T-REX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 PM #7
SuperSpartan617

Me and my dad have thought about this. The closest field is Asylum which is an hour and a half away, but I think its worth the drive. If you want to make an indoor field you need an absolute **** load of cash. Me and some friends were thinking that the Turfland Mall building would easily suffice. Its massive on the inside and right off of Harrodsburg Road. If you can pull this off, many Lexington ballers will thank you for this, but your gonna need some mad cash. If you actually go through with this, send me a PM and me and LEX BALLER 3 can help you out with field setup and stuff of the like.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post78574316
SuperSpartan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM #8
El_Banga007

Thanks for the input. I have a few lawyers at my side that I could get to help out with all that legal **** and I have a good friend that can get the funds to get it all started we just have to research this more to see why these *******s wont let us have an indoor field here. I'll keep all know that are Interested in helping out in the loop about my finds. Going to talk to some lawyers and some other folks tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM #9
Dateline

Dateline owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dateline supports Bob Gurnsey
Dateline is an NCPA player
Heck yea, keep us posted!
-Cody
Dateline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 PM #10
LEX_BALLER 3

LEX_BALLER 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
LEX_BALLER 3 supports Team VICIOUS
LEX_BALLER 3 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpartan617 View Post
Me and my dad have thought about this. The closest field is Asylum which is an hour and a half away, but I think its worth the drive. If you want to make an indoor field you need an absolute **** load of cash. Me and some friends were thinking that the Turfland Mall building would easily suffice. Its massive on the inside and right off of Harrodsburg Road. If you can pull this off, many Lexington ballers will thank you for this, but your gonna need some mad cash. If you actually go through with this, send me a PM and me and LEX BALLER 3 can help you out with field setup and stuff of the like.
Turf land mall was bought out buy South land Christian church. My best guess would be to have it somewhere right off the interstate where everyone could see it and it could draw good crowds. I know many locals who would love to get this going though.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:05 PM #11
XxTexasfuryxX
d(◕_◕)b

XxTexasfuryxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxTexasfuryxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxTexasfuryxX posts videos on PbNation
XxTexasfuryxX supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX_BALLER 3 View Post
Turf land mall was bought out buy South land Christian church. My best guess would be to have it somewhere right off the interstate where everyone could see it and it could draw good crowds. I know many locals who would love to get this going though.
Always great to see correct information.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:13 PM #12
ajmort00

ajmort00 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
The biggest problem is the fire-arms ordinance by the city. How you will get around that will be the biggest obstacle. I think it would be profitable (over the long term) since all the lex players drive to Louisville. I for one would happily become a regular at a lex field.
ajmort00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:21 PM #13
hagan

Annual Supporting Member
hagan supports Cereal Killerz 2
hagan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hagan supports Team VICIOUS
hagan supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmort00 View Post
The biggest problem is the firearms ordinance by the city. How you will get around that will be the biggest obstacle.
easy Paintball Markers are not and have never been considered Firearms. go a head and ask me how I know.....

I almost got kicked out of EKU for having my PB Marker on Campus cause its a "firearm"....

KRS 237.060 click here states: "Firearm" means any weapon which will expel a projectile by the action of an explosive.

Paintball markers do not use any type of explosive to expel a projectile.

since I'm guessing that you dont mean an actual firearms ordinance and what you ment was the LFCUG ordinance posted here,

(f) Paintball guns (markers) may be shot or discharged in properly zoned commercial establishments operated in accordance with recognized national standards.

I see this as the major hurdle as at least the last time that I know of, there isn't any type of national standards. I've never heard of **** agency coming in and inspecting a paintball field to make sure they are operating to "code", for a lack of a better term.

Colorado Fusion
Eastern Kentucky University

Last edited by hagan : 03-01-2011 at 10:15 AM.
hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:41 PM #14
ajmort00

ajmort00 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I stand corrected sir. Although I've heard from other who have tried a lex field that they have run against local ordinances before. They must have meant other ordinances?
ajmort00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:06 AM #15
judgementday273
tHE jUDGE

judgementday273 supports Sherwood Forest
judgementday273 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
judgementday273 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
judgementday273 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX_BALLER 3 View Post
It was actually Lexington Mall on Richmond Rd that was bought out by Southland CC.

I think the only reason why an indoor field has not opened is because of money. If I recall when this was discussed years ago, the insurance premiums were outrageous within the city limits.

As far as laws, the only one I have ever seen is in regards to "air guns". To me that means BB and Pellet guns. However, you will probably have to make a case to the city council prior to obtaining a zoning permit but I think it would be worth it.
Etha, MINI, Pinokio...
http://judgementdaypaintballblog.blogspot.com
judgementday273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 AM #16
impyslayer
Im Throwed

impyslayer is a founding member
impyslayer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
impyslayer is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgementday273 View Post
It was actually Lexington Mall on Richmond Rd that was bought out by Southland CC.

I think the only reason why an indoor field has not opened is because of money. If I recall when this was discussed years ago, the insurance premiums were outrageous within the city limits.

As far as laws, the only one I have ever seen is in regards to "air guns". To me that means BB and Pellet guns. However, you will probably have to make a case to the city council prior to obtaining a zoning permit but I think it would be worth it.

cool to see one of the Rowan guys on here, i was beginning to think you guys were never on the nation.

been good playin with you guys the past couple times.

back to topic, ied love to see something put up in lexington

but about this time of year every year someone gets the bug and looks into it a little bit and then drops out.
I wouldnt get my hopes up to much about an indoor field being in lex

although i would love to see it and it would draw crowds, nobody is serious enough about it to go through with it
impyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM #17
judgementday273
tHE jUDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by impyslayer View Post
cool to see one of the Rowan guys on here, i was beginning to think you guys were never on the nation.

been good playin with you guys the past couple times.

back to topic, ied love to see something put up in lexington

but about this time of year every year someone gets the bug and looks into it a little bit and then drops out.
I wouldnt get my hopes up to much about an indoor field being in lex

although i would love to see it and it would draw crowds, nobody is serious enough about it to go through with it
Thanks for coming out to the local games!

A good location would be out Reynolds Rd behind Meijer.

Also, if anyone is really interested in doing this, a good friend of mine owns land and warehouse type buildings just past Brennon Crossing.
Etha, MINI, Pinokio...
Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 PM #18
El_Banga007

[quote=judgementday273;70473298]Thanks for coming out to the local games!

A good location would be out Reynolds Rd behind Meijer.

Also, if anyone is really interested in doing this, a good friend of mine owns land and warehouse type buildings just past Brennon Crossing.[/QUOT

WHAT'S HE WON'T FOR A LEASE ON THE BUILDING AND LAND BRO?
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM #19
judgementday273
tHE jUDGE

I will contact him and find out........how much square feet are you thinking you will need?
Etha, MINI, Pinokio...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM #20
El_Banga007

Find out the sizes of the warehouses that he has and what the lease on one would be. We won't a spot big enough to run 2 fields and have a shop and tech spot bro. Email me when you get the info. Thanks

Ceo.bangitinc@gmail.com
Old 03-02-2011, 12:57 AM #21
T-REX7
Farm Boy

T-REX7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
T-REX7 supports Bob Gurnsey
That's a lot of square footage there hoss but if y'all can get the funding for that size of a lease you'd have a pretty good player base in lex, its just real expensive to run a indoor field

Closing down my indoor field and store all kinds of field gear and stuff for sale pm me for more info

Cowboy Up
T-REX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups