Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM #22
ombres13
 
 
ombres13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N.Carolina
ombres13 plays in the PSP
ombres13 supports our troops
ombres13 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWeasel2k4 View Post
so which teams in the area are sponsored by draxxus?
I don't know teams' sponsors.
I DO know one team that has told me they are, if they'd like to announce it that's their call.

What is the purpose of your question?
Procaps, KEE, and GI are all CFOA sponsors. Valken was being talked to.

Honestly, is there a brand that's not listed you'd SERIOUSLY consider shooting?

ATL Breakout- I overlooked you guys, sorry. You're the only team I know that's in the position to play the D3X and is playing PSP..
I'm sure a throw together could be formed for the D3X of guys who are playing PSP as well, but no other current teams come to mind.

Last edited by ombres13 : 02-24-2011 at 04:16 PM.
ombres13 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM #23
MrD (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Weenie
MrD is reppin' sidebar 4 life
MrD plays in the APPA D4 division
chronic. thats it
MrD is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 PM #24
ombres13
 
 
ombres13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N.Carolina
ombres13 plays in the PSP
ombres13 supports our troops
ombres13 plays in the APPA D4 division
Let's not lose focus why we all came into this thread. It's that msxl has more xball teams signed up and we'd like to see our xball league grow back to that.

How can we help do that? Support the league and their sponsors.
The league has to do the rest. *****ing and complaining isn't going to help them do that. They know what it costs. They know how much they want to make in profits. We can't ask them to make less per team if we can't supply more teams.
Generate interest by promoting the series, encourage younger players to play the series, and the series should grow.

The people managing CFOA aren't dumb.. They know what players want. They know what the CFOA needs to make. They'd love to have both.

Last edited by ombres13 : 02-24-2011 at 04:28 PM.
ombres13 is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM #25
bgoldinger
Carolina On My Mind!
 
bgoldinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Concord, NC
bgoldinger plays in the PSP
bgoldinger supports Team VICIOUS
bgoldinger supports Team VICIOUS
bgoldinger supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombres13 View Post
I don't know teams' sponsors.
I DO know one team that has told me they are, if they'd like to announce it that's their call.

What is the purpose of your question?
Procaps, KEE, and GI are all CFOA sponsors. Valken was being talked to.

Honestly, is there a brand that's not listed you'd SERIOUSLY consider shooting?

ATL Breakout- I overlooked you guys, sorry. You're the only team I know that's in the position to play the D3X and is playing PSP..
I'm sure a throw together could be formed for the D3X of guys who are playing PSP as well, but no other current teams come to mind.


Things are on the mend with CFOA. It is not perfect and probably will never be what everyone wants it to be. But what is perfect? I commend CFOA and Ken for working at making it better. It is better than last year already! You just cant make everyone happy but I can assure you - they are trying.

There would be more teams in this D3 XBALL I guarantee it if it was not for the PSP the following weekend. All I can say is I would rather play CFOA and PSP and pay more $$$ than play MSXL. Reason #1 because I know the level of players are better in CFOA/PSP.
__________________
Bruce Goldinger
COACH CAROLINA COLLISION 2013, 2014 &
COACH OF ATLANTA BREAKOUT & CAROLINA BREAKOUT 2011-2014
Matt Sossoman (Team Vicious) Official Fan Club Member #2

Last edited by bgoldinger : 02-24-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling
bgoldinger is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM #26
JTBaller203
Thug Life
 
JTBaller203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pembroke, NC (UNCP)
JTBaller203 supports Team VICIOUS
JTBaller203 posts videos on PbNation
JTBaller203 supports Pev's Paintball
JTBaller203 plays in the APPA D4 division
JTBaller203 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Also, MSXL is strictly Xball and CFOA offers both Xball and 5man, so that may have something to do with it.
__________________
Quitting paintball sale!!!
JTBaller203 is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 05:57 PM #27
ghettoballer133
Queen City Killaz
 
ghettoballer133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boone
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD View Post
chronic. thats it
best paint ever
__________________
3
oldgearsale
Dynasty Shocker
oldfeedback
ghettoballer133 is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 09:22 PM #28
+CrOsS.CoSa+
 
 
+CrOsS.CoSa+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Carolina
+CrOsS.CoSa+ plays in the PSP
+CrOsS.CoSa+ plays in the MiLP
+CrOsS.CoSa+ plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoballer133 View Post
best paint ever
^^
Pretty good **** I shall say.


I would play MXSL over CFOA X-Ball, just b/c of the price. If u have a good paint deal the "CFOA Paint Included in the Entry" Pretty much is a waste of money that I dont want to spend.

"Paint Included in the Entry" is just CFOA's way of making you think you are getting a decent deal! Its their way of making you spend more money and them making more money.....But then again arn't all leagues like this

Ill give the CFOA this..Their 5 man is the best around period next to PSP.
__________________
Carolina Teams Inc.
+CrOsS.CoSa+ is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 PM #29
MrD (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Weenie
MrD is reppin' sidebar 4 life
MrD plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoballer133 View Post
best thing ever
yep
MrD is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM #30
mfrenia
 
 
mfrenia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
mfrenia plays in the USPL
mfrenia plays in the APPA D4 division
Well reading through this ive noticed one other thing that i really enjoyed about the msxl besides the price, that is the competition. MSXL has awesome teams, one of which is the d4 xball world cup champ from last season. a decent number of msxl teams went to world cup and did pretty darn good. im not saying that cfoa dosnt have some of the best teams, but this will be my first cfoa event so i have no way of comparing until qcm.
__________________
System X Vengince 2.0 Pump
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3198613
mfrenia is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:27 AM #31
WildWeasel2k4
 
 
WildWeasel2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wilmington Nor*Car
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WildWeasel2k4 plays in the PSP
WildWeasel2k4 is an NCPA player
WildWeasel2k4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrenia View Post
Well reading through this ive noticed one other thing that i really enjoyed about the msxl besides the price, that is the competition. MSXL has awesome teams, one of which is the d4 xball world cup champ from last season. a decent number of msxl teams went to world cup and did pretty darn good. im not saying that cfoa dosnt have some of the best teams, but this will be my first cfoa event so i have no way of comparing until qcm.
cfoa has historically had very good teams who always do well at national events.
__________________
Szep
D3 Allstar for life
Cacks
WildWeasel2k4 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:04 AM #32
ombres13
 
 
ombres13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N.Carolina
ombres13 plays in the PSP
ombres13 supports our troops
ombres13 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrenia View Post
Well reading through this ive noticed one other thing that i really enjoyed about the msxl besides the price, that is the competition. MSXL has awesome teams, one of which is the d4 xball world cup champ from last season. a decent number of msxl teams went to world cup and did pretty darn good. im not saying that cfoa dosnt have some of the best teams, but this will be my first cfoa event so i have no way of comparing until qcm.
what division/format are you playing?
Looking at the teams, there are some nasty ones signed up...
ombres13 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM #33
FromTheBack
 
 
FromTheBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
FromTheBack plays in the PSP
FromTheBack plays in the MiLP
FromTheBack plays in the APPA D3 division
I feel like the CFOA is off to a strong start this year as far as organization and customer service. People have a bad taste in their mouths from previous years where events were not run using feedback from the players and things got sloppy. When a paying customer doesn't get what they pay for it takes good time for that wound to heal. I strongly believe that Ken's history in paintball and his current position of management with his Greenville field enable him to stay in touch with the players in the area and what they want.

We need to give the CFOA time to get back to it's former glory. The changes they have made will take time to have an impact. From what I experienced at the CFOA's open practice I am expecting great things from them this year. I saw a good amount of faces out there that I hadn't seen since 2007 - 2008. As long as Ken and the CFOA crew keep listening to the players and cut costs for players where it is possible, the league will do well.

Another factor here is that there are a greater number of professionally run regional leagues that will draw teams back into surrounding states. I'm not extremely certain how many leagues were around in the MW/SE in the past but it feels like there became a great draw for smaller regional tournaments when the economy went to crap for players. I don't know anything about the MSXL, the level of competition, or how their entry fee system works in the larger scheme of their budget. What I do know is that the CFOA is the closest series for people in our area, including me, and if the players don't feel they are getting a fair deal they will respond by not playing the tournament.

It's ultimately up to the players to decide which league will be successful
__________________
NC Hammer

Last edited by FromTheBack : 02-25-2011 at 01:07 PM.
FromTheBack is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:46 PM #34
ghettoballer133
Queen City Killaz
 
ghettoballer133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boone
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheBack View Post
I saw a good amount of faces out there that I hadn't seen since 2007 - 2008.
GANG WARZ
__________________
3
oldgearsale
Dynasty Shocker
oldfeedback
ghettoballer133 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:03 PM #35
FlashZ33
REVO
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MD
 has been a member for 10 years
FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
Want more teams to sign up? Promote the league yourself. Talk to players in surrounding areas and tell them why you enjoy playing the CFOA over other regional events. When word gets out that the CFOA is killin it this year the league will draw more teams in.
__________________
FlashZ33 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 07:24 PM #36
prokiller 7
 
 
prokiller 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC
Annual Supporting Member
prokiller 7 plays in the PSP
prokiller 7 plays in the MiLP
prokiller 7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
prokiller 7 supports Team VICIOUS
prokiller 7 plays in the APPA D2 division
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashZ33 View Post
Want more teams to sign up? Promote the league yourself. Talk to players in surrounding areas and tell them why you enjoy playing the CFOA over other regional events. When word gets out that the CFOA is killin it this year the league will draw more teams in.
This is a fact, word of mouth from players will grow the league better than any other way. If players hear it from other players that the CFOA is the place to play people will come.
__________________
prokiller 7 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:27 AM #37
WildWeasel2k4
 
 
WildWeasel2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wilmington Nor*Car
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WildWeasel2k4 plays in the PSP
WildWeasel2k4 is an NCPA player
WildWeasel2k4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokiller 7 View Post
This is a fact, word of mouth from players will grow the league better than any other way. If players hear it from other players that the CFOA is the place to play people will come.
the cfoa has been around for how many years? and has in the past attracted players from how many other states and teams? People know what the CFOA is and know that it's here, they're just finding other tournaments to play in.
__________________
Szep
D3 Allstar for life
Cacks
WildWeasel2k4 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 PM #38
mattmc89
fatass
 
mattmc89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Charlotte
 has been a member for 10 years
seems like the team list is climbing for 5 man.
__________________
Appalachian State
QCK
OLD FEEDBACK
GEARBAG~CHEAP SFT SHOCKER
mattmc89 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 07:49 PM #39
karney-shocker
QCK
 
karney-shocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wrightsville Beach, NC
looks like xball is dieing quick
__________________
RiP Jason
World Cup Gear Bag Sale
QCK
TUF CREW
karney-shocker is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 PM #40
MikeyLikesIt44
 
 
MikeyLikesIt44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Annual Supporting Member
MikeyLikesIt44 plays in the PSP
MikeyLikesIt44 plays in the MiLP
MikeyLikesIt44 is an NCPA player
MikeyLikesIt44 plays in the APPA D2 division
Reffing- MSXL is cheaper because they don't have a permanent reffing staff. Their ultimate refs are the only permanent staff (members of CEP). They have a "reffing for entry" program, which means D4 can ref D3 and vice-versa. This has been done before with other leagues. I've read their boards; they do this to keep costs down. There is also no shortage of complaints about reffing. Reviews ranging from “the worst of I’ve seen at any level” to “getting better” “better on Sunday” to “good” to “Great!”.

The reffing issue was addressed directly and at length at the CFOA meeting. A course of action has been made to observe, report, and mitigate substandard or biased officiating.

Location- I feel like it might as well be mentioned that the WCPPL has 48 teams registered for their first event. The West Coast has more teams. The Indiana, Illinois (short travel to KY) area simply has more teams, which is why Chicago always has the 2nd highest attendance behind World Cup and why both the PSP and NPPL host events there.
-GFOA is 5-man. I don't believe any of those teams would play a CFOA even without a GFOA series.

Competition - I've never heard of any of those teams in the MSXL, maybe I should have... I just know that ATL Breakout got their chops in the CFOA and won the PSP Series in D4 5man.
- Also, the CFOA is well-aware of the D4 teams out there. If they thought enough D4 teams (or D2 for that matter) were out there wanting to play, they would have arranged more event dates for those divisions.

Some teams just want to play tournaments. It's up to the players to decide which parts of their tournament experience they're willing to sacrifice for a reduced entry.

PR1ME paid a premium for the CFOA last season because we knew it was the closest thing to a national tournament. The CFOA is a regional series that holds itself to national standards. That includes the fields, staging, sponsorship (prizes), officiating, and availability of paint.

We'd be playing Xball1 and the ProAm March 5th and 6th if the PSP wasn't the weekend afterward. National events just cost too much money (+ time off work). We plan on attending several CFOA events through the rest of the season. I hope to see many of you there.

Mike McGowan, Team PR1ME
__________________
PR1ME
www.teampr1me.com
EXALT
"Raise Your Game!"

NINJA
PRO Regulators

Last edited by MikeyLikesIt44 : 02-27-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: *Thanks, ATL Breakout= d4 5man champs
MikeyLikesIt44 is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 PM #41
MrD (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Weenie
MrD is reppin' sidebar 4 life
MrD plays in the APPA D4 division
they won d4 5man
MrD is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM #42
bgoldinger
Carolina On My Mind!
 
bgoldinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Concord, NC
bgoldinger plays in the PSP
bgoldinger supports Team VICIOUS
bgoldinger supports Team VICIOUS
bgoldinger supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt44 View Post
Reffing- MSXL is cheaper because they don't have a permanent reffing staff. Their ultimate refs are the only permanent staff (members of CEP). They have a "reffing for entry" program, which means D4 can ref D3 and vice-versa. This has been done before with other leagues. I've read their boards; they do this to keep costs down. There is also no shortage of complaints about reffing. Reviews ranging from “the worst of I’ve seen at any level” to “getting better” “better on Sunday” to “good” to “Great!”.

The reffing issue was addressed directly and at length at the CFOA meeting. A course of action has been made to observe, report, and mitigate substandard or biased officiating.

Location- I feel like it might as well be mentioned that the WCPPL has 48 teams registered for their first event. The West Coast has more teams. The Indiana, Illinois (short travel to KY) area simply has more teams, which is why Chicago always has the 2nd highest attendance behind World Cup and why both the PSP and NPPL host events there.
-GFOA is 5-man. I don't believe any of those teams would play a CFOA even without a GFOA series.

Competition - I've never heard of any of those teams in the MSXL, maybe I should have... I just know that ATL Breakout got their chops in the CFOA and won the PSP Series in D4 Xball.
- Also, the CFOA is well-aware of the D4 teams out there. If they thought enough D4 teams (or D2 for that matter) were out there wanting to play, they would have arranged more event dates for those divisions.

Some teams just want to play tournaments. It's up to the players to decide which parts of their tournament experience they're willing to sacrifice for a reduced entry.

PR1ME paid a premium for the CFOA last season because we knew it was the closest thing to a national tournament. The CFOA is a regional series that holds itself to national standards. That includes the fields, staging, sponsorship (prizes), officiating, and availability of paint.

We'd be playing Xball1 and the ProAm March 5th and 6th if the PSP wasn't the weekend afterward. National events just cost too much money (+ time off work). We plan on attending several CFOA events through the rest of the season. I hope to see many of you there.

Mike McGowan, Team PR1ME
Well said! and yes ATL won D4 5man in PSP but won Championship in D4 CFOA XBALL.
__________________
Bruce Goldinger
COACH CAROLINA COLLISION 2013, 2014 &
COACH OF ATLANTA BREAKOUT & CAROLINA BREAKOUT 2011-2014
Matt Sossoman (Team Vicious) Official Fan Club Member #2
bgoldinger is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump