Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-19-2002, 05:01 PM #64
usaref

usaref is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The Simpsons!!!!........

Ya know in the opening credits when Bart is writing on the chalk board? I just saw.....

"Shooting paintballs is not an art form"

thought that was cool

Sniping 101:
Step 1 - get closer
Step 2 - get closer
Step 3 -a little closer
Step 4 - I'm serious, just a tiny bit closer
Step 5 - bunker the pisss out of them
Old 09-20-2002, 09:27 PM #65
Ov3rmind
Bandwidth Serial Killer

Quote:
BUT i have bad news, my very good friend that plays paintball katie, came home from school today and told me that her teacher was making her do a project on why paintball was bad =/. I was going insaine about this because they (in the report they were reading) said "Jake was playing paintball with his friends and came 2 inches from getting shot in the eye!"i was dissapointed they made it seem like they did. They didnt even included 1 posotive (i saw the report) about paintball or any saftey things we do, masks, barrel plugs, etc etc. She's going to go in and do a repor on how theyre wrong and how paintball is a good report, and hopefully theyll give her a chance to talk.But if they dont, im gonna see that somthing happens about that. Because i think its terrible what people are saying about paintball and what theyre making it look like.I swear if they visited a paintball feild and played/watched for a day they'd change their minds. But theyre to stubborn and .....well just moronic to do so. So lets hope things turn out for the better or Paintball and they dont teach other kids in school that paintball is a bad sport.
Shove the facts into that teachers face until she understands. Enforcing an opinion as a teacher is WRONG (Opinion=Paintball is bad). Thank God he/she doesn't teach at my school, I would give them an hour long speil they would never forget.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:44 PM #66
PurgatoryPit
Nero Caesar

On Conan o' Brian earlier this week he was doing a bit about little jesus figurines playing various sports well the last one was paintball jesus. It was funny becuase it wasnt a bad image either, he was wearing a mask and was covered in splats. Conan was like, "jesus obviously sucks at paintball."
Old 09-24-2002, 04:53 AM #67
Kustom Kid
Fueled by Monster

My mom told me that William Shatner was on The View talking about his Big Game at Challenge Park a while back. I asked her if those psycho hose beasts from he11 who are on the show trashed paintball and she said they didn't. Hopefully that will help with those misinformed and ignorant mothers out there who won't let little Johnny play paintball because they think it's too dangerous. Shatner may have murdered his wife (I think he did anyway), but at least he's helping out our sport.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:30 PM #68
starboarder2001

go here...http://www.smartparts.com/sphollywood.htm

paintball on the news...
Old 09-26-2002, 11:27 AM #69
Joe72
impulse extroadanaire

on an old show called sliders they used paintball guns that shot holy water filled balls, to kill vampires
Old 09-26-2002, 11:17 PM #70
mr_happy

awhile ago, I think it was last summer my local radio station, 1077 the end, did a little "torture the intern" thing they had some chick shoot him with a paintball gun from like 50 feet away for like 5 minutes straight, it was hilarious.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:34 PM #71
starboarder2001

I was watching some lawyer show.....and anyway one of the guys at the field was accused of killing someone. Hehe they showed him playing...it was a speedball field and there were a bunch of guys with tippmanns and they kept comming over the top over and over and over and over...and when he got hit he fliped up his mask and threw it...and the whole time the cops were walking around the field without masks on and it had no netting and it was in the middle of the game.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:28 AM #72
The_Joker

this has probably been said before but the guns on scary movie 2 were pgp's the ghost killing guns.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:58 AM #73
Hep
Your Marker sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by starboarder2001
I was watching some lawyer show.....and anyway one of the guys at the field was accused of killing someone. Hehe they showed him playing...it was a speedball field and there were a bunch of guys with tippmanns and they kept comming over the top over and over and over and over...and when he got hit he fliped up his mask and threw it...and the whole time the cops were walking around the field without masks on and it had no netting and it was in the middle of the game.
C.S.I. (crime scene investigation) was probably the show. It was from last season.
Rolling Stone has a very small article this month also.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:05 PM #74
vinsane

Quote:
Originally posted by OSUAvenger
Haven't seen it yet.. but i thought i post it... ill be on season 2 of Splatter Factor (unless they cut me out) in January

Look for the NCPA Allstars !

I'm in The Front ... GO OSU!!!

Brian
WHat network airs splatter factro and when?
Old 09-28-2002, 09:31 PM #75
mooky
Out the Cave

not really a sighting but....

my school is called Willistion and is in East Hampton Mass and about a week ago they took a trip on a sunday to a indoor paintball field in the mall it was pretty cool but i didnt go =)

-ANS Reg
-WGP hinge (trigger job)
-Dye 3 way
-WGP Flame Trigger
-Halo B (dyed red white blue)
click here for my feedback!
Old 10-09-2002, 11:36 AM #76
DManiac5
totally oblivious

DManiac5 is a Supporting Member
i dont know why it seems so wierd for you guys to notice that swat teams have pb masks on in movies, that is what they use for training, paintball. In fact, one of the teams where i'm at has some kinda wierd pb made by god only knows who, instead of shootign the 68 cal,they shoot 9 mm, they hurt like hell. either way, i dont really watch all that much tv, but i find it funny when people are playing right off the side of the road, my car got shot at a couple times so i went home, gassed my 98 rt up (they all had stingrays, and other BE pumps) went back to where i saw them and blew em away. they didnt even know i was there.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:24 PM #77
ThorNM156
The Great White LandShark

Quote:
Originally posted by vinsane
WHat network airs splatter factro and when?
Hit the website: http://www.splatterfactor.com/airdates/
Old 10-16-2002, 05:50 PM #78
Bucholtz
Some guy from WI

Bucholtz is a Supporting Member
Snoogans

I haven't seen this mentioned so far.....but MALLRATS !!!! Silent Bob's grappling hook gun is a pgp.

Last edited by Bucholtz : 10-18-2002 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:14 PM #79
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Ive seen it on a lot of TV shows, but they never get it right. For example it was on CSI but they took their goggles off right on the middle of the field to interrogate this dude....

I also saw it on that Celebrity Boot Camp show on Fox (it was awful...I mean awful), and Coolio and some Playboy model had to shoot their spyders at some target. The girl missed all but one....(15 or so).

B9 Username: Youth In Asia
Old 10-28-2002, 01:05 AM #80
padrinot
one love~~~>Paintball

wow i just saw ANNA NICOLE-SMTIH show and they were playing painball on it .

it was not a pretty sight
she was as big as her bunker
not only did it suck but she was playing with a big *** hit on her hopper the whole time .

i had to make my wife turn the channel , she makes me sick
Old 10-29-2002, 12:59 PM #81
starboarder2001

I was watching a movie called "extreme days" they snowboard and play paintball at the beginning. LOL they have spiders with no tank or hopper on and no paintball mask on. and some how without air or paint they hit eachother.

in another scene they dont were any masks at all and the ones that do always take them off half of the time.

Last edited by starboarder2001 : 11-07-2002 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:18 PM #82
skuirl11
WODY KILLA

Last Sunday, I went to a h20 concert, and the bassitst for h20 was wearing a warped sportz shirt.
HALO
Tanks Paintball
BigMan Paintball
Dye
Old 10-31-2002, 01:20 PM #83
leopardhead

bowling for columbine

Micahel Moore's new film about gun use in America shows 3-4 kids at a county fair booth called "shoot the geek". They're firing markers at a "geek" in the back of the booth. I don't think any of them or the geek wore goggles or gear.

It's only on screen for 1 minute

-----------------------------
Paintball will be seen on Pay Per View cable for the first time on dec. 8 ($9.95)
http://www.spplatattack.com/media/web5Seq.mov
http://www.spplatattack.com
Old 11-02-2002, 07:37 AM #84
spyder2k2
Back in action!

spyder2k2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Angry oblivious

last night i was watching oblivious on TNN and they did a segment where they had the host and several kids were doing a scrimage and i gotta say that i am upset at that show.

the host and the contestant both had jt mask on but they didnt have the mouth part just had the goggles and ear protection but the other 4 ppl had full mask on. i was so disgusted at the show i changed channel. just to show that there are more ppl that are out to make a bad impression to paintball