PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM #1
Sherwood Forest

Sherwood Forest supports Sherwood Forest
Sherwood Forest supports Sherwood Forest
Heads up for those who are camping

We want to warn you now that due to the two weeks or more of rain we have had, the camping/parking areas are extremely muddy and wet. The lawn areas have not had much time to grow any grass since the construction last year and some areas are holding water. We are going to try and put the heavier RV/campers on what solid ground we can find. You most likely will not be able to drive up in the lawn because you will not be able to get back out.

This is out of our control and if we could make it better we would. Please come prepared for wetness, muddiness, and the possibility of getting stuck. LaPorte and Michigan City have plenty hotels within a 2 to 7 miles radius if you would prefer to sleep in dryness. If you need any help finding a hotel please feel free to give us a call at the office. Again, we just wanted to give you a heads up as to what to expect when you got here so that you could prepare accordingly.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:33 AM #2
Beest
Adapt and Survive

has been a member for 10 years
Beest supports Sherwood Forest
How's it compare to last year, the Bridge of Death had a lot of water under it, even more so on Sunday. First time I remember seeing standing water in that gulley
Yes my tent went home very muddy
Old 04-28-2011, 05:36 PM #3
DarkShadowHunter
Screwball, One Each

DarkShadowHunter supports Sherwood Forest
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I will be able to find a spot to set up my tent when I get down there tomorrow evening.