PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2011, 08:55 PM #127
memphisballa123
grizzly mint ftw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
I'm over this fad diet. My schedule can't handle the consistency. Going back to 6 meals a day.
hahah I do not see where it is hard to follow, would you not need consistency eating 6 meals a day?
memphisballa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 PM #128
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
My schedule fluxuates a lot, as does my training times. And since I'm not supposed to train during the 8 hour feast I'm forced to starve, or skip.

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:19 PM #129
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought it was a fad diet, then Lurker approved it.

Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 AM #130
Nyx3d
Green ones are not ripe

has been a member for 10 years
School cafeteria gave me a sign for day 1. Full bar of pork ribs and hot wings. It was beautiful.

"Originally posted by karnavorrr: Will doing one armed kettlebell snatches on a bosu ball make my strength more functional?"

Buyers Digest
Nyx3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:49 AM #131
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
I'm over this fad diet. My schedule can't handle the consistency. Going back to 6 meals a day.
That's understandable, but I don't think it's a fad (perhaps it is in ST:F, but the connotation is there is nothing of substance)
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 AM #132
TeamAtrocity
*320*

TeamAtrocity is a Supporting Member
Thanks for the thread.
I've got a few questions if you don't mind helping out with clarifying and such.
I'd consider myself to have been a dedicated lifter for the past year or so, which I've been solely trying to gain weight and mass, (graduated HS in 09' at 150lbs or so, at 5'9"), and I should be hitting the 178lb mark within another month. I haven't really experimented in the past with any cutting programs, so this spring will be a first, and I find this program intriguing.

1. My work can be pretty physically demanding some days, and my shift usually runs from 8am-4pm with lunch break at noon. If I were to do the program, I think I would end my fast at noon, starting the fast at 8pm the night prior, and then fit my gym time in sometime between 5-7pm. I'm mostly concerned about my energy levels while at work if it'll be towards the end of my fast, as any form of drowsiness could be dangerous with my job. You mentioned caffeine supplements, but I'm concerned as to how effective they would be alone - specially after continual use over a couple weeks. Additionally, wouldn't taking a considerable serving of caffeine supplements each day be a health concern?

2. I've been bulking quite religiously the past few months, trying to finish out strong before spring and cutting. Do you suggest going "cold turkey" from eating regularly every 2-3 hours with a high calorie diet, and switching immediately to the LeanGains program of fasting and a considerably lower calorie intake compared to my bulking diet? Or should I add a "buffer" week between program transitions? I would just imagine that switching immediately would be very hard, as currently I feel my loss of energy and growing hunger immediately if I'm late on my feeding every 2-3 hours.

3. How long would you suggest someone carry out this program while cutting? Could it be something endless, until the desired results are achieved? Or would you recommend something like a 8 or 12 week period?

4. If I read it right, we can drink as much water as possible during the fast. Are there any other liquids, or even foods I suppose, that you would consider fine to consume during the fast?

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 AM #133
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Im confused, are you recommending the simple DC split in THIS guide just for those that are new to DC? Not sure if your implying that those already on DC should stick to there current layout.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:30 AM #134
yoosuckysucky<------
ORIGINAL 2K6'r

Is it acceptable to have my first meal 8 hours after my workout?

I work 10-4 and usually workout at 5. But am thinking about switching to an early workout.
Brooke Michelle Allen (February 5th, 2009)
Forever in MY heart.
yoosuckysucky<------ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM #135
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Im confused, are you recommending the simple DC split in THIS guide just for those that are new to DC? Not sure if your implying that those already on DC should stick to there current layout.
You can do either - the increased focus on the big lifts may be detrimental to advanced lifters. If you're advanced enough to do DC in the first place, I trust you can tweak the training OK.

If you feast that much later than your workout you'll be taking a lot of BCAA - consult http://www.leangains.com/2010/05/ear...-training.html
Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 PM #136
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAtrocity View Post
Thanks for the thread.
I've got a few questions if you don't mind helping out with clarifying and such.
I'd consider myself to have been a dedicated lifter for the past year or so, which I've been solely trying to gain weight and mass, (graduated HS in 09' at 150lbs or so, at 5'9"), and I should be hitting the 178lb mark within another month. I haven't really experimented in the past with any cutting programs, so this spring will be a first, and I find this program intriguing.

1. My work can be pretty physically demanding some days, and my shift usually runs from 8am-4pm with lunch break at noon. If I were to do the program, I think I would end my fast at noon, starting the fast at 8pm the night prior, and then fit my gym time in sometime between 5-7pm. I'm mostly concerned about my energy levels while at work if it'll be towards the end of my fast, as any form of drowsiness could be dangerous with my job. You mentioned caffeine supplements, but I'm concerned as to how effective they would be alone - specially after continual use over a couple weeks. Additionally, wouldn't taking a considerable serving of caffeine supplements each day be a health concern?

2. I've been bulking quite religiously the past few months, trying to finish out strong before spring and cutting. Do you suggest going "cold turkey" from eating regularly every 2-3 hours with a high calorie diet, and switching immediately to the LeanGains program of fasting and a considerably lower calorie intake compared to my bulking diet? Or should I add a "buffer" week between program transitions? I would just imagine that switching immediately would be very hard, as currently I feel my loss of energy and growing hunger immediately if I'm late on my feeding every 2-3 hours.

3. How long would you suggest someone carry out this program while cutting? Could it be something endless, until the desired results are achieved? Or would you recommend something like a 8 or 12 week period?

4. If I read it right, we can drink as much water as possible during the fast. Are there any other liquids, or even foods I suppose, that you would consider fine to consume during the fast?

Thanks for the help!
1. Energy is surprisingly good - blood sugar is well maintained and your body produces additional stimulants. Think about it from an evolutionary perspective - hunters (or predators, like lions) don't eat for hours or DAYS before they hunt down game. If it was impossible to do work while in a fasted state, we would never have evolved. Caffeine is not really a health concern unless you have a pre-existing heart condition.

2. Ramp the fast up - wait a little more after you wake up each day until you're at the desired schedule.

3. It can be done indefinitely

4. I don't really like artificial sweeteners - they tend to increase hunger and may even have an insulin response. For hormonal purposes I stick to water, but coffee and tea are OK I suppose
Old 02-27-2011, 12:50 PM #137
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

I'm planning to do tea in the forming just to have some caffeine through my fasted state.

I've read a couple times on Martin's site that he's fine with diet sodas and sugar free gum, just not to go crazy on them.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:52 PM #138
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
I'm planning to do tea in the forming just to have some caffeine through my fasted state.
Wut

Old 02-27-2011, 01:04 PM #139
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Regarding fasted cardio...what should the intensity and duration be? I need to step my **** up a little so im going to start doing it around 8 30 am and I break my fast at 12.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 PM #140
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Wut
Old 02-27-2011, 04:48 PM #141
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Regarding fasted cardio...what should the intensity and duration be? I need to step my <del>****</del> up a little so im going to start doing it around 8 30 am and I break my fast at 12.
45 minutes, low is what dante recommends
Old 02-27-2011, 05:12 PM #142
memphisballa123
grizzly mint ftw!!!

Lurker I am a *****, My Re-feeds are weak sauce. How does one become A one sitting food machine? I can put the food away it is just hard to keep it down, also after the first week I am never hungry anymore even on the low carb days. Did you feel this way the first couple of weeks when you started it?
memphisballa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 PM #143
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
No I am a voracious machine. You need to monitor calories and at the very least get your protein in. You have to stretch the stomach a little in the first few massive sittings, but I am a beast at it now, I guarantee I could out eat anyone in this forum
Old 02-27-2011, 10:59 PM #144
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Think you can give takeru kobayashi a run for his money?

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:06 PM #145
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I guarantee I could out eat anyone in this forum
(Waits for 24)

Old 02-27-2011, 11:16 PM #146