probably not
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 AM #485
bubbleboy016
is ****in amazing.

has been a member for 10 years
bubbleboy016 donated to help Peyton Trent
I cant see this diet working for people, like myself, whos omly oppprtunity to go to the gym is past 7pm, or late evenings in general.. That means id have to fast throughout all the daytime and all my meals would be late night, rigjt before sleeping and fasting another 5-8hrs.. Is there any workaround for this?

Wake 630, work 730-5pm, now due to the high population And low gyms 5-8 is rush hour and a 1hr workout in an empty gym can turn into a 2-3hr workout, so i choose to go around 8-9, and then sleep around 11-1.

I kust cant see the 16hr fast fitting anywherr imto my schedule, while lifting on the fast. - sorry for ****ty typing, on an iphone

Edit: would this work?

Fast from 4pm-8am, lift at 5am, eat at 8, 12, and 330. Sleeping from 9-4am? Lftimg m/w/f, so id include carbs on those days?
╚═╝

Last edited by bubbleboy016 : 05-12-2011 at 08:41 AM.
bubbleboy016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 AM #486
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
use 1 preworkout meal, man

this is all in the first post please actually read it
Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 AM #487
bubbleboy016
is ****in amazing.

bubbleboy016 donated to help Peyton Trent
Unless im blind i didnt read anything about a preworokout meal, in fact it said to "train in a fasted state as possible, eithout sacrificing performance" so if a preworkout meal is whats required thats savvy.. Im just trying to wrap my head around all the information in the OPs and adapt this diet to my schedule
╚═╝
bubbleboy016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM #488
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikilwig View Post
Not sure I could do this diet, maybe in the summer without school. I work hard outside and then play double headers 18 innings and then play paintball all day sunday and sometimes baseball under the lights after it. Getting through an hour fasted in the gym seems easy as hell, I've done it before, but a whole day of strenuous physical activity, doesn't seem realistic. Want to know Lurker's opinion, I don't really think this is for me.
I hate to say it, but I don't think I would ever classify baseball as a strenuous physical activity. Half of it is spent sitting in a dugout waiting for a turn to bat, and even after that, there really isn't a position on the field that requires stamina or constant movement. What position do you play?
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 AM #489
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Catching is a good workout. Pitching too. But the rest of the positions are boring as **** and require little energy (other than maybe outfield against a good team)
Old 05-12-2011, 12:14 PM #490
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Might be in the linked PDF or a subsequent post

You'd fast all day, then have a meal of carbs and protein 3 hours before the workout. <25% of total daily calories
Old 05-12-2011, 04:29 PM #491
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
I hate to say it, but I don't think I would ever classify baseball as a strenuous physical activity. Half of it is spent sitting in a dugout waiting for a turn to bat, and even after that, there really isn't a position on the field that requires stamina or constant movement. What position do you play?
i don't hate to say it. baseball isn't strenuous at all. i would play that **** without breaking a sweat. i burn more calories playing golf.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 PM #492
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Catch 13-18 innings of competitive baseball and get back to me...Playing baseball does require some explosive strength to be good. I will agree most the positions on the field are not very taxing on the body at all.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 PM #493
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Baseball is da worst when you have ADD

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:39 PM #494
Laureate
strength beyond strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Catching is a good workout. Pitching too. But the rest of the positions are boring as **** and require little energy
Old 05-12-2011, 11:56 PM #495
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Baseball is da worst when you have ADD
That's why I catch, I can play the whole field, but catching keeps me in control and always busy.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 AM #496
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

That Sounded really gay.

Lurker, thoughts? Break fast with intraworkout shake of 35P/50C(dextrose)? Think this would enhance affects of fasted training, by capitalizing on insulin sensitivity, o negate them?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:59 AM #497
Laureate
strength beyond strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikilwig View Post
That's why I catch, I can play the whole field, but catching keeps me in control and always busy.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM #498
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

In regards to my own post:
http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/fas...nsitivity.html

I take this as even with my [Layne's] idea of a 40g/20%CarbLimit Intraworkout shake, the effects of fasted training are still observed due to the absorption timing and nature of high intensity lifting. If so, this would be a perfect mesh of Layne's Cutting diet with Leangains timing and meal size.

Summarized Points:

Quote:
The C-group: Fed training. C received a carbohydrate-rich breakfast (675 kcal, 70% carbohydrates, 15% fat, 15% protein) ~90 min before each training session. In addition to that, they drank a beverage containing 1g maltodextrin per kg body weight during exercise.

The F-group: Fasted training. F received the same "breakfast" as C, and the maltodextrin enriched beverage, but in the mid-afternoon.
Quote:
Glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity: In summary, F clearly improved glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity. C did too - but to a much lesser degree than F.
GLUT4: Glucose transporter type 4 is a protein responsible for insulin-regulated glucose transport into the muscle cell. It increased by a whopping 28% in F but only 2-3% in C.
Muscle glycogen and intramuscular lipid stores (IMCL): Similar to the study I covered in this article, muscle glycogen stores increased more in F than in C. However, no significant difference was found in IMCL storage.
Metabolic enzymes: However, two other important markers for glucose and fat metabolism, FAT/CD36 and CPT1, were increased by ~30% in F. C saw no increase at all.
Body composition: Now this is very interesting. Despite overfeeding the subjects with 1000 calories or more, F only gained 0.7 kg...What about C? They gained 1.4 kg, twice as much as F, despite doing the same amount of exercise and consuming the same amount of calories and macronutrients.
Exercise capacity: Simply put, C improved VO2Max more as they could train harder due to providing the proper substrates for fueling the activity. On the other hand, F became progressively more efficient at oxidizing fat at higher levels of intensity as evidenced by the increase in FATmax. This is, in turn, could be explained by the substantial increase in the fat burning enzymes FAT/CD36 and CPT1.
Martin's Thoughts:
Quote:
In summary, a very interesting study, absent any flaws in study methodology, which adds to the mounting scientific evidence speaking in favor of fasted training. It was also fitting to cover it today, as I will be touching on some issues related to the concepts discussed here in my next article.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:03 AM #499
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
That study suggests a slingshot effect (meaning the gene transcription is probably at least in part modulated by the intracellular stressor of very low gluscose concentrations...so why add carbs? seems dumb to me
Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM #500
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Lurker: Thanks for taking the time to edumacate us on LG. I've been able to lose roughly 22 pounds in 7 weeks with relative ease.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:45 AM #501
Laureate
strength beyond strength

you weigh ~175lbs?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:12 PM #502
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Correct

Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM #503
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
That study suggests a slingshot effect (meaning the gene transcription is probably at least in part modulated by the intracellular stressor of very low gluscose concentrations...so why add carbs? seems dumb to me
My reasoning behind it, was that I'm on a higher volume, higher frequency routine right now - and caloric values are lower than usual. So to counter-act this, I tried to incorporate some of Layne's ideas on carb/protein intake intraworkout.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:07 PM #504
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Using Layne's ideas are fine, but the research here seems to directly contradict it. I haven't read much, if anything, by layne on nutrition - i'd like to see the references he uses regarding periworkout nutrition and draw my own conclusions.