PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureate View Post
munchies on lean gains lul o gosh just started fast 4 hours ago o gosh
Go to sleep silly. I time my fast so that I go to sleep an hour to two hours after my final meal...I don't even get a chance to have the munchies. My body is still growing used to the 2pm initial eating time though, so occasionally I will get hungry in the morning. Not sure what your wake-up time is, though...today was 7:20am for me.
Quote:
honestly my school serves honey fried chicken and sweet potatos on fridays and there is no way i can not break my fast tomorrw by stuffing myself full of this ****. its too good.

and my birthday is sunday, so i might have to have cake saturday?
Do they only serve chicken and potatoes during your fast? I mean, don't they still have them after you're allowed to eat?

And if I were you, I would sub in a training day on Saturday perhaps...cake as a PWO treat would be fine. Heck, even later in the day it would likely be an okay meal...you can still stay under calories with it, just make sure to get your protein requirement and then you can fill in additional calories with your cake. Easy as that.

Although macros are important in the diet, at the moment you seem to be really concerned with the health of certain foods (i.e. the "type" of carbs in milk, the cake, etc.). If you're cutting don't forget that the only thing making that weight come off is a deficit in calories. You could easily have a piece or two of cake and come in underneath the caloric goal you have, but again, at least be sure to consume enough protein for the day.

Or you could say **** it, this is my cheat/refeed day. Have some ****ing cake, it's your b-day. Your continuous habits will determine your weight loss; what won't determine weight loss is that one day you slipped up. Have some cake, jump back on the diet on Sunday or Monday or whenever your birthday celebrations have concluded.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2011, 12:27 PM #317
Laureate
strength beyond strength

god damn, give it up to ****ing world strike.

Ya, the place i eat is for the football players. But students are allowed to eat there from 11-1:30. I started my fast at 9:30 last night so 16 hours will end at 1:30.

im sure ill be fine. just gotta estimate to cut my cals around 400-500. really wont be a big deal at all. ill easily get my 30g protein and 50g of carb

and honestly, i probably just wont eat cake lul. it just wouldnt taste good
Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 AM #318
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Lurker: Can you post that ECA stack again. I tried searching but i think it was nuked.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:16 AM #319
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
caffeine pills bronkaid and baby aspirin. I don't even bother with aspirin but if I was older I would (aspirin is a potent anti inflammatory and I think the inflammation response is part of anabolism)
Old 03-19-2011, 01:23 AM #320
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Thanks, just realized you had it in the guide under Ephedrine

Old 03-19-2011, 05:24 PM #321
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Taking my diet a bit freely today...keeping carbs under 100g for the rest day, but besides that I'm being a bit liberal with calories. Dropped weight pretty quickly the first two weeks or so, so I think a non-counted day will be good. Still mainly chicken, dairy, and eggs, though haha.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:18 PM #322
Laureate
strength beyond strength

i broke my fast with a bacon cheeseburger. non training days are low in carbs and high in protein and fat, right?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:25 PM #323
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I don't know bro maybe check the first post
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 PM #324
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:31 PM #325
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
i broke my fast with a bacon cheeseburger. non training days are low in carbs and high in protein and fat, right?
Correct. Make up for your caloric deficit in carbs by increasing fats. Proteins remain constant.

However I imagine that cheeseburger was loaded with carbs..unless you took off the bun.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM #326
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
pballin16 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballin16 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin16 posts videos on PbNation
pballin16 is an NCPA player
pballin16 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I don't really see it in the first post, do you want to lower the amount of food that you eat on non-training days? I know that carbohydrates are lower, but do you change the one large meal to break the fast?

Originally posted by K-9: :)<3 Clay
Hes my favorite Modder, and this **** better be quoted
Justin Bieber beaten by Selena Gomez-Video!
pballin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:40 PM #327
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballin16 View Post
I don't really see it in the first post, do you want to lower the amount of food that you eat on non-training days? I know that carbohydrates are lower, but do you change the one large meal to break the fast?
Same amount of calories, but don't make it one huge meal. Say your fast ends at 1 p.m, eat maybe two meals that day + shakes, versus some people who only consume one massive meal on training days. You don't want an unnecessary insulin spike when you are not training (provided you are consuming some carbs, idk if you are)
Old 03-19-2011, 08:16 PM #328
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Same amount of calories, but don't make it one huge meal. Say your fast ends at 1 p.m, eat maybe two meals that day + shakes, versus some people who only consume one massive meal on training days. You don't want an unnecessary insulin spike when you are not training (provided you are consuming some carbs, idk if you are)
Thanks.

So on training days, do I really only want to eat one meal? I've been tapering on training days, but I will still eat a second smaller meal with probably two very small (cup of yogurt) snacks in between.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM #329
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
You don't need one giant meal, but your first meal should be pretty ****ing large. After that you can do as you please, more or less.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:24 PM #330
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Thanks.

So on training days, do I really only want to eat one meal? I've been tapering on training days, but I will still eat a second smaller meal with probably two very small (cup of yogurt) snacks in between.
I wouldn't. I would take BCAA's before training. Quick shake after the workout. Eat a huge meal maybe an hour or so later. Eat some more later. Casein shake start fast. Repeat.

With my short run on LG (stopped because I eat on campus and the way my classes were scheduled made it next to impossible to follow a regiment) I would do the above.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 PM #331
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
Quote:
I wouldn't. I would take BCAA's before training. Quick shake after the workout. Eat a huge meal maybe an hour or so later. Eat some more later. Casein shake start fast. Repeat.

With my short run on LG (stopped because I eat on campus and the way my classes were scheduled made it next to impossible to follow a regiment) I would do the above.
Thanks.

Xtend is on its way from BB.com right now, and otherwise I've been following that regiment pretty closely.

I got lucky this semester and with my classes, I can actually follow that schedule fairly easily. It's really nice to have the buffet for one large meal, actually.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:29 PM #332
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Thanks.

Xtend is on its way from BB.com right now, and otherwise I've been following that regiment pretty closely.

I got lucky this semester and with my classes, I can actually follow that schedule fairly easily. It's really nice to have the buffet for one large meal, actually.
No problem. Xtend is the bomb, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 PM #333
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Just wanted to respond to one or two things...

Quote:
Lurker had said earlier in the thread that since you lower down your carbs and up your fats a bit, there should kind of already be a caloric dropoff on non-training days without you having to think about it. Personally, though, although I do carb cycle low carbs on off days and high carbs on on-days, I really prefer to try and keep my calories roughly the same. Sometimes off-days are 100-200g lower, but if not they'll be close to my usual 2000 calorie count. That's simply because, quite honestly, at my height and weight, I don't feel completely comfortable going below 2000 unless I really want to get a super, super low bodyfat, which means I can just lower calories when I get to the point of being able to have a super low bodyfat, if that makes sense. Don't rush this process...after all, it is a process, and don't think you're just going to lower cals a lot and get done in one month instead of having a smaller deficit and taking 3 months. I would opt for the slower solution...plus, June is 2 1/2 months away, you'll be golden by then
Quote:
Like I said, Lurker had said that he finds calories to be lower on off days simply due to not training. Keeping them the same is fine, because either way you'll be eating below maintenance; just be sure to watch those carbs Also, there is no actual set-in-stone rule for the amount of meals you have to have a day. I don't know about the 1 huge meal PWO thing you're talking about...that seems more just like a Warrior diet than LeanGains, but who knows. If it takes you an hour to eat that food though, isn't that a 23-hour fast Seems like a long time...
Quote:
Thanks.

I'd say no, don't do one meal. For me satiety isn't just based on what I eat, it's how often. If I eat a 2000-calorie meal, I'll still likely get hungry 2-3 hours later: welcome to being a college-aged male. Berkham doesn't say you have to have a certain number of meals, but at very least, on training days, I like to have one when I break my fast (if this is PWO it'll be your biggest meal, and if it's before your workout it'll be 15-25% of your daily calories), and then one maybe an hour to a half hour before I officially am not allowed to eat again. So for me, that's one large meal (50%-70% of my daily cals usually) immediately post-WO around 2:00, and then at least some greek yogurt or cottage cheese or casein around 9-9:30. Usually I have something in between those as well, but like I said, it's up to you and how your hunger patterns go. If I were you, I'd plan my meals as you know your body, so that you're never craving food and you feel like you can't have any - that can be a real diet-killer for a lot of people.

Also, on non-training days, he says several times that your very first meal SHOULD be your largest, and that calories should be tapered down from meal to meal after that.

Just food for thought.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM #334
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Lurker: For cardio do you recommend taking BCAA 10min prior like mentioned for lifting?

Old 03-19-2011, 09:08 PM #335
Smart Parts Player12

Yes, I drink them during too.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 PM #336
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
Quote:
No problem. Xtend is the bomb, you won't be disappointed.
I hope not. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Just wanted to respond to one or two things...

Lurker had said earlier in the thread that since you lower down your carbs and up your fats a bit, there should kind of already be a caloric dropoff on non-training days without you having to think about it. Personally, though, although I do carb cycle low carbs on off days and high carbs on on-days, I really prefer to try and keep my calories roughly the same. Sometimes off-days are 100-200g lower, but if not they'll be close to my usual 2000 calorie count. That's simply because, quite honestly, at my height and weight, I don't feel completely comfortable going below 2000 unless I really want to get a super, super low bodyfat, which means I can just lower calories when I get to the point of being able to have a super low bodyfat, if that makes sense. Don't rush this process...after all, it is a process, and don't think you're just going to lower cals a lot and get done in one month instead of having a smaller deficit and taking 3 months. I would opt for the slower solution...plus, June is 2 1/2 months away, you'll be golden by then

Like I said, Lurker had said that he finds calories to be lower on off days simply due to not training. Keeping them the same is fine, because either way you'll be eating below maintenance; just be sure to watch those carbs Also, there is no actual set-in-stone rule for the amount of meals you have to have a day. I don't know about the 1 huge meal PWO thing you're talking about...that seems more just like a Warrior diet than LeanGains, but who knows. If it takes you an hour to eat that food though, isn't that a 23-hour fast Seems like a long time...

I'd say no, don't do one meal. For me satiety isn't just based on what I eat, it's how often. If I eat a 2000-calorie meal, I'll still likely get hungry 2-3 hours later: welcome to being a college-aged male. Berkham doesn't say you have to have a certain number of meals, but at very least, on training days, I like to have one when I break my fast (if this is PWO it'll be your biggest meal, and if it's before your workout it'll be 15-25% of your daily calories), and then one maybe an hour to a half hour before I officially am not allowed to eat again. So for me, that's one large meal (50%-70% of my daily cals usually) immediately post-WO around 2:00, and then at least some greek yogurt or cottage cheese or casein around 9-9:30. Usually I have something in between those as well, but like I said, it's up to you and how your hunger patterns go. If I were you, I'd plan my meals as you know your body, so that you're never craving food and you feel like you can't have any - that can be a real diet-killer for a lot of people.

Also, on non-training days, he says several times that your very first meal SHOULD be your largest, and that calories should be tapered down from meal to meal after that.

Just food for thought.
Thanks for taking the time to write all of that.