Eligibility Change - Change to policy for exceptions.
IMPORTANT: The eligibility rule remains that you MUST be a full-time student to compete. However, if you petition for an exception to the rule, the NCPA will generally grant it under the policy below.
So we've had a few circumstances where, for whatever reason, a player is not full time for a semester. We've always let someone play if they have a part-time semester their last semester because that's all they need to graduate (and they were not slacking the previous semester), but we'd like to make this a little bit more flexible.
So, everyone gets ONE semester where they can be eligible as a part-time student, PROVIDED:
- You've already played in the NCPA.
- You're playing on the same team you played on the last time
- You're enrolled in a degree program (you're admitted as a student, not just taking some classes)
- You have at least two full-time semesters at the school you're playing for (sorry, no Freshmen. That's also two semesters where the student was full-time, not two full-time semesters worth of credit.)
- You were enrolled full-time the previous semester (or on Co-Op or active duty or some such.)
This is a ONCE PER LIFETIME option; i.e. if you burn it Sophomore year, you can't use it Senior year if your last semester is short some hours.
As with the previous exception for graduating seniors, you MUST still petition for an exception, it isn't automatic.
All eligibility rules about players having to be from the same school still apply.
Last edited by raehl : 02-17-2011 at 10:11 AM.