Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 PM #22
chodeyg
sprezzatura

i had a roommate that was basically the polar opposite of me last year. he was a nice, clean, considerate kid, so it wasn't terrible by any means, but we really couldn't have had less in common. No matter what time i'd go back to the dorm from 10pm or earlier hed always be asleep. he also seemed to like getting up at 7 or so to just be awake. he was a ministers son so it was kind of awkward when he'd find out that i had puked all over my laundry in the middle of the night or whatever. and he wasn't the most social fellow so he was always there except when in class so it was awkward bringing girls and even my delinquent friends there. it was nice that he left just about every weekend though.

i just made it a point to basically never be in my dorm unless i needed to sleep or whatever, which probably has created some bad habits.

my advice? living in the same room as someone you dont know is way outdated if it ever was reasonable. find someone who's habits you can tolerate as a roommate, or better yet just come up with the extra cash for a single. youll be a lot more comfortable not having to worry about being courteous or what your room will smell like today.
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2011, 11:20 PM #23
Local Kid
Give ** a liter of Cola

Local Kid is an NCPA player
Local Kid plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I would have switched rooms after that...
I tried to but there were no rooms and he was suppose to be moved from our pod but two of the other kids thought he was fine so we couldnt kick him out.

MY FEEDBACK

New Feedback

UW Milwaukee Paintball
Brew City paintball
Local Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:33 PM #24
buddaspankedu
Clothing Optional

buddaspankedu plays in the PSP
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
buddaspankedu has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
last semester went thru 3 roommates.
First one got really pissed cuz i fire hosed beer vomit off the top bunk all over cardboard boxes with his stuff in it. While i was heaving in the bathroom he had the balls to come over n punch me in the face in the middle of puking.
Second one was a huge drug addict and a HUGE creeper and every girl me and my other roommate (a buddy from high school) brought back to the room he would sit in a chair and stare at the whole night until they left. He also like to wake up at 3 am every morning and check facebook and scream about what people were saying about him. That didnt go to well one night where me and my buddy from high school seran wrapped his computer shut and then duck taped him to his bed. He hastily moved out the next day.
The third and final roommate was an all around *******. All he did was watch football 24/7 and ufc in between commercials. Dont get me wrong im fine with watching football but when there is football and espn on in my room all the god damn time i couldnt take it. My other roommate tried reasoning with him about watching something else and that didnt go to well. The kid ended up taking MY 36" flatscreen tv (which is the only tv in the room) over to his friends place 8 miles away and tried to keep it there.
Thats when he was arrested for burglary.

TRUST
buddaspankedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:34 PM #25
buddaspankedu
Clothing Optional

buddaspankedu plays in the PSP
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
buddaspankedu has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
if anyone reads all of that then congrats and thank you but that was the best venting time ive ever frickin had

thanks for making this thread

TRUST
buddaspankedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 PM #26
calebh

has been a member for 10 years
my first roommate was a quiet korean kid. he was cool. sophomore and junior years, i roomed with a good friend, and that worked out pretty well. this year, a couple of friends and i rented out the ground floor of a house just off campus. it's worked out pretty well with the two guys i'm actually living with, but...

the guys upstairs suck. they party some, which by itself doesn't bother me. what does bother me is finding all kinds of crap on our front steps, in our little yard, and at the side of our house all the freaking time. beer cans, broken bottles, once even a ceiling fan and table (table is still there). they just throw crap off the balcony and out the windows. a few days ago, i returned a trash bag they threw out their window, and it's still sitting on their front steps.

passive aggressive, i know, but i can't get a hold of them. and when i do talk to them, there are more pressing concerns:

we also have to share a water bill with them. they don't pay their share. the bill hasn't been paid in full since last september, when we downstairs paid it. we finally got a disconnect notice at the beginning of january, and that kind of spurred them to action. but they still paid only enough to keep the water on.

we have a meter leak, and nobody except the account holder (one of the guys upstairs) can dispute a bill or have it fixed. so we're out, all together, about $800.

i've repeatedly tried getting in touch with them. i've documented everything well, and we downstairs have paid exactly our share. even when the water was about to be cut off, i was cool. but i got the latest bill and found out that they haven't done **** to get the meter fixed, the bill disputed, or even the balance paid. i'm tired of it. one of my roommates called the landlady today, and so hopefully we'll be reaching a resolution soon.

it's not a standard roommate story, but it sucks *** dealing with irresponsible assclowns like this.

tl;dr: guys upstairs are trashy, irresponsible assclowns.

Last edited by calebh : 02-23-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added tl;dr
calebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:03 PM #27
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Most of my roommates were fine because they were friends and we had our own bedrooms. The only one I hate was a kid I roomed with for 1 semester in the dorm. He liked Mind of Mencia. Pretty much sums that up.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 PM #28
borgboy17.5

borgboy17.5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
borgboy17.5 is an NCPA player
borgboy17.5 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddaspankedu View Post
if anyone reads all of that then congrats and thank you but that was the best venting time ive ever frickin had

thanks for making this thread
I'm glad I could help better venting it out and feelin good then holdin it in ans snapping on another roommate and then you become the topic in this thread haha.

Newset story with creeper nick here at ECU, he woke me up at 5 like usual getting ready and leaving the room 15 times but he goes on his PT run and gets back around 6:30am to wake me up again but what i see when i open my eyes is creeper nick standing over my bed with nothing but his boxers on starring me down and rubbing his PT clothes together which consist of windbreaker material shorts and jacket.
borgboy17.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM #29
GrimXtk
Smiles McGee

GrimXtk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GrimXtk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GrimXtk is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Kid View Post
Oh and one of the suit-mates tried hanging himself but I stopped him and called security to get him some help so now im hated by him.
Isn't there a clause or something somewhere, where if one of your "roommates" kills themselves or dies during the semester, the roommates all get A's for all of their classes because of "traumatic stress" or something?

Also I got 3 roommates, in an apartment style "dorm". All 4 of us have our own bathrooms, but we share a living room and full kitchen.

One is gay, but I rarely see him and he usually is in his room, and he doesn't really act gay around anybody.

Second and Third roommates are friends, both Music majors and listen to classical jazz and what not (I can't say I am a fan) out in the living room. Very down to earth guys, and will sometimes have friends over and we'll all play xbox or some **** in the living room.

I guess I don't really have a problem with them at alll.

Edit: But my friends who live down the hall, I am so glad I do not live with them. They never clean up and just have trash and **** EVERYWHERE. I left my xbox over there (because we played it there more in their room than in mine) and I mean its my old xbox... so I don't really care... but at the same time I raged so hard because they would rage, throw controllers, leave xbox on all the time and leave the disc tray out, etc. The disc tray bothers me because they have so much trash and **** everywhere somebody is bound to step on it and break it, and no matter how many times I ask them to do the simplest of things they never would.

So I therefore, like my roommates.

Last edited by GrimXtk : 02-24-2011 at 07:00 PM.
GrimXtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:57 PM #30
Peter Man's Bridge

Quote:
last semester went thru 3 roommates.
First one got really pissed cuz i fire hosed beer vomit off the top bunk all over cardboard boxes with his stuff in it. While i was heaving in the bathroom he had the balls to come over n punch me in the face in the middle of puking.
Second one was a huge drug addict and a HUGE creeper and every girl me and my other roommate (a buddy from high school) brought back to the room he would sit in a chair and stare at the whole night until they left. He also like to wake up at 3 am every morning and check facebook and scream about what people were saying about him. That didnt go to well one night where me and my buddy from high school seran wrapped his computer shut and then duck taped him to his bed. He hastily moved out the next day.
The third and final roommate was an all around *******. All he did was watch football 24/7 and ufc in between commercials. Dont get me wrong im fine with watching football but when there is football and espn on in my room all the god damn time i couldnt take it. My other roommate tried reasoning with him about watching something else and that didnt go to well. The kid ended up taking MY 36" flatscreen tv (which is the only tv in the room) over to his friends place 8 miles away and tried to keep it there.
Thats when he was arrested for burglary.
lul.

my first attempt at college, my roommate was basically a ginger nerd. I knew it was going to suck when he added me on facebook in july. First night was alright, we got drunk and he gave me a shot of liquid cocaine. Next morning at 8 am, he was eating his cereal and randomly puked all over the floor. I basically ignored him until I dropped out. Second go at a new school my roommate was one of my friends from back home. No problems whatsoever, except he gets blacked out and becomes violent/breaks ****. He's one of my roommates this year in my house

Welcome to The National
Peter Man's Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:03 PM #31
||IcEs||
kek

Quote:
He also like to wake up at 3 am every morning and check facebook and scream about what people were saying about him. That didnt go to well one night where me and my buddy from high school seran wrapped his computer shut and then duck taped him to his bed. He hastily moved out the next day.
lol!

What is with the majority of US bedroom accommodation being shared? In the Uk it is mostly En suite or non-En suite, thats basically a shower, toilet and wash basin for your own use.

You have a bedroom to yourself as standard, the en suite costs more obviously but is it because the US landlords are cheap bastards?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:10 PM #32
bondsman333

bondsman333 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bondsman333 is for the Gunfight
Ive had a number of roommates over the years, but mine for this semester really takes the cake.

First off, hes bipolar. Nothing really against him, but the drugs hes on (if he decides to take them) dictate whether he sleeps for 20 hours a day or not at all. Hes either depressed or hyper. Rarely goes to class and deals drugs. Hes the most disgustingly vile person ive ever met. Forgot his towel when he moved in, asked to borrow mine, and after I said no, went 2 weeks without one, until he went home. Has no concept of personal space, property or respect. He'll slam doors and play music at 4 am while Im trying to sleep. Mostly just throws his trash on the floor and complains to me that the room is dirty and smells. Every morning I wake up and kick trash over to his side of the room. Usually candy wrappers and crap when he binge eats at night.

Hes a huge smoker. So much so that his part time job could not support his cigarette buying. So he rolls his own. His desk is absolutely covered in tobacco and tubes. He literally brushes it onto the floor when it gets too thick.

Hes lost his keys 3 times already. Hes locked himself out of the room when I was inside. He told the campus police who let him in and was confused why his roommate was inside that he didnt think to knock.

He uses my stuff all the time and lies to my face about using it. I came back to my room to find a broken alarm clock and he had no idea how it happened...

I could really go on and on about this guy. I just cant wait to get the hell away from him.

TLDR; gross, messy, bi-polar, doesnt shower, sleeps 20+ hrs a day, deals drugs all hours of the night and morning.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:32 PM #33
bondsman333

bondsman333 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bondsman333 is for the Gunfight
also, he keeps a gallon milk jug full of used mouthwash under his bed because hes too lazy to go to the bathroom to brush his teeth or even spit out mouthwash. It kinda smells funky and I personally think its grotesque. He doesnt see it as a problem...
Old 03-06-2011, 09:17 AM #34
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondsman333 View Post
Ive had a number of roommates over the years, but mine for this semester really takes the cake.

First off, hes bipolar. Nothing really against him, but the drugs hes on (if he decides to take them) dictate whether he sleeps for 20 hours a day or not at all. Hes either depressed or hyper. Rarely goes to class and deals drugs. Hes the most disgustingly vile person ive ever met. Forgot his towel when he moved in, asked to borrow mine, and after I said no, went 2 weeks without one, until he went home. Has no concept of personal space, property or respect. He'll slam doors and play music at 4 am while Im trying to sleep. Mostly just throws his trash on the floor and complains to me that the room is dirty and smells. Every morning I wake up and kick trash over to his side of the room. Usually candy wrappers and crap when he binge eats at night.

Hes a huge smoker. So much so that his part time job could not support his cigarette buying. So he rolls his own. His desk is absolutely covered in tobacco and tubes. He literally brushes it onto the floor when it gets too thick.

Hes lost his keys 3 times already. Hes locked himself out of the room when I was inside. He told the campus police who let him in and was confused why his roommate was inside that he didnt think to knock.

He uses my stuff all the time and lies to my face about using it. I came back to my room to find a broken alarm clock and he had no idea how it happened...

I could really go on and on about this guy. I just cant wait to get the hell away from him.

TLDR; gross, messy, bi-polar, doesnt shower, sleeps 20+ hrs a day, deals drugs all hours of the night and morning.
bahahahhaa. Funny as ****, I feel sorry for you, but its funny as ****.

My freshman year I had 3 roommates. 1 was a real tight guy, 1 had asbergers, and the other was straight up insane:
He could not spend a single second of the day alone and would be up til 3-4 am every night and when he came back to the room would turn on lights, make all sorts of noise, etc...I went home one weekend, came back and he was wearing some of my clothes and his gf had thrown up on MY bed. **** was insane.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:39 AM #35
calebh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
What is with the majority of US bedroom accommodation being shared? In the Uk it is mostly En suite or non-En suite, thats basically a shower, toilet and wash basin for your own use.

You have a bedroom to yourself as standard, the en suite costs more obviously but is it because the US landlords are cheap bastards?
it's only in the dorms. we don't have the same views on providing free/cheap decent housing for college students that europeans do. living in the dorms is usually optional, but yeah, there's generally a lack of personal space there. the dorms are often cheaper than living off-campus.

if you live off-campus, then you're much more likely to have your own room. the only people i know living off-campus sharing bedrooms (who aren't romantically involved) do so because one or both studied abroad for a semester, and the arrangement will only last a semester.

the difference springs from the difference in our views on the welfare state. (and i try and say as factually and with as little judgement as possible)
Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM #36
ColdBlood

Had a total white trash roommate last year. Usually 3-4 times a week I would get home to him and his girlfriend violently fighting. Usually drunk as hell off however many 40s they bought that night. And not just yelling at each other, hitting each other. She gave him a black eye once when she found out he was trying to cheat on her with some craigslist ho.
ColdBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 AM #37
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
You guys make me so happy to live in an apartment off campus. About the worst i have to deal with is a barking dog next door
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:47 AM #38
emotive789

going to the same college that my sister had, my parents invested in purchasing a house. she had it while she was here, then i came to school right as she moved out. my school has no rules for housing so i'll be living here all 4 years being able to pick my roommates every year. i will never take it for granted after all of my friends' freshmen experiences.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:27 PM #39
esteban mendez
OG status

I liked living on campus my first year, have to do it again next year but junior and senior year I'll be off so it's whatever. I'll pick my room mates so that won't be bad.
esteban mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 PM #40
||IcEs||
kek

hmm I'll be taking up a Building Surveying course which is professionally accredited and recognised world-wide and my University has options to study abroad.

Could be a good chance to see the US of A. I dont sound like Hugh grant though.

Which is a bonus.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:50 PM #41
Bad Arse Pirate
Half man...Half amazing

Bad Arse Pirate is a Supporting Member
I never lived in dorms, so I never had to deal with a horrible room mate. My older brother, on the other hand, had an insane room mate when he went to Temple. You might recognize him from American Idol....

The dude was a crackhead. And I do mean he smoked crack regularly. He paid my brother to make him a crack pipe. He would play songs on the piano and leave the door open and then invite people in to sing along with him. At one point, my brother just decided to ignore him totally. After about two weeks, he paid my brother $50 to have a conversation.
Bad Arse Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 AM #42
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc (Banned)
Not maxpow or Darsh Sauce

First roommate was a super chill guy. We had lots of good times together, smoked herbs with him and his friends from his hometown. We would both **** our girls within 5 feet of eachother and everything was comfortable. Met his family and chilled with him many times in his hometown with his friends who were super chill. They even brought me along for a bunch of their parties. It was a great time.

Then me and Ollie (sick fool) met these other guys in one of our classes and they needed roomates to lower their cost of living. We went for it. Goddamit that was a mistake.

Xavier was this ****ing tool bag who thought he was gods gift to the earth. He was constantly raping all the resources in the house. Granted he did clean and tidy up every once in a while he was such a ****ing leech. He would always play it way up when he got the groceries for the week (we had some kind of communist government in our house where each person bought for everyone in a rotation. It sucked balls) but whenenver I got twice as much **** because I actually knew how to operate the grocery store, he would ***** and moan about how I spent less. It was irritating, he would buy dumb **** in small quantities for more and I would buy in bulk and get *****ed at. He constantly missed rent payments, laundered our money, stole **** from me and pawned it, traded my xbox360 for a ****ing eighth, and he stole about 1200 dollars worth of cash and goods on top of that. He really ****ed me over. So ****ing full of himself. Goddamn.

Kaleb our other roommate did the same ****. He would steal resources like a *****, complain like a *****, and play the victim all the time. Just a bunch of two faced pricks . He stole my i pod and ditched out on rent and disappeared. Just like xavier.

My next roommate situation was with one of my best childhood friends who inevitably did the same ****. Constantly borrowing money for rent and eventually skipping out on rent causing us to get evicted. He turned out to be a totally different person than I thought he was for the last 10 years. He went psycho constantly and would get physical with me. He is more than twice my ****ing size so it was just kinda pointless, giving me bloody noses and going nutso.

My last roommates were an ex-marine and his japanese wife. They were super nice, let me live with them for free even though I had a dog and am a slob. They eventually kicked me out because they thought I wasn't progressing with my life and they were "enabling" me to continue to fail. Oh well. They were nice while they lasted.

My roommates now are my mom and her disabled sister and her kids. They suck but I stay high and drunk and busy with my work and projects. One day I'll have my own spot.
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc is offline   Reply With Quote