PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-15-2014, 12:21 PM #1
cadoncrack666

has been a member for 10 years
robtown valve question

i picked up a broken (snapped ram shaft) robtown kit for an 03 viking a while back. i was going to get a new shaft made, but recently picked up a working viking kit. so i was wondering what the difference between the viking and Excalibur kits were to see if i could put the broken in a 03 Excalibur i have.

thanks for any help.
cadoncrack666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2014, 12:31 PM #2
Travis1581

From my understanding it is the throw length. The excal barely moves, while the viking has to move at least the diameter of the paintball. If your recreating the shaft, it should work. But wait until someone with more experience with the stuff chimes in.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:14 PM #3
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Do you just pick up that RT from me?
There is a difference in length between the 03 and 04 shafts. I have never heard of DC making one for the Excal. Not to say that it couldn't be done. I would think that you just have to copy the length of the excal ram shaft. Of course the shaft is also a differnt thread pitch than the AKA, so you'll need to use the RT hammer with it obivously and since it's flat faced, the RT valve.
Kinda have to use the whole RT kit. All or nothing. Main difference that I see with the rammer is that it is made out of aluminum, but that's probably not right. But basically a lighter material than steel, so less mass to move.
nlrunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:40 PM #4
MeuroM

If my memory isn't too affected by yesterday's vodka, for the RTvalve with Excals, Jared used to turn down the stock hammer. There was no aluminum shaft and hammer like for the Vikings.

I am MorueM / Cocker's and AKA's aficionado..
Resurrected Swirl / Poop-O-type / RevengeV2 / Most of my AKA bunch
MeuroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 PM #5
cadoncrack666

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlrunkle View Post
Do you just pick up that RT from me?
There is a difference in length between the 03 and 04 shafts. I have never heard of DC making one for the Excal. Not to say that it couldn't be done. I would think that you just have to copy the length of the excal ram shaft. Of course the shaft is also a differnt thread pitch than the AKA, so you'll need to use the RT hammer with it obivously and since it's flat faced, the RT valve.
Kinda have to use the whole RT kit. All or nothing. Main difference that I see with the rammer is that it is made out of aluminum, but that's probably not right. But basically a lighter material than steel, so less mass to move.
yeah im the one who bought the rt from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeuroM View Post
If my memory isn't too affected by yesterday's vodka, for the RTvalve with Excals, Jared used to turn down the stock hammer. There was no aluminum shaft and hammer like for the Vikings.
thanks for the info, if thats the case then i may play around and take a different route with the hammer.
cadoncrack666 is offline   Reply With Quote