PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-03-2015, 05:58 PM #1
mas11j

mas11j plays in the PSP
Evil M question

So I have the money, I have the time, and I have a machinist brother with a mill.

I don't have a guide. I've looked at a lot of builds but none are much more then progress pictures.

I've been with aka since the 03 Excal and want to build an evil m.

I know all about DC for the parts and will def reach out once he get settled with the new akalmp stuff he's going through but in the mean time I want to do my research and look at some builds/projects. Does anyone have a good, comprehensive guide with more then just stage by stage pictures? I want to get all of the info before I start the build or buying.
I really want a guide with parts list, trouble shooting, and testing.
Not looking for opinions about frames, not trying to be a jerk but I know everyone has an opinion.

Thanks guy!! Any help is a huge deal to me
United #12
mas11j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 PM #2
Travis1581

As far as a parts list goes, its an 04 Viking with a special LPR. Other than a board and a frame, I have every part required (Actually, I have too many boards and frames). Ill see if I can compile that list for you over the next week or so.

As far as troubleshooting goes, id just follow the trouble shooting guide for whatever board you choose. Other than that, its probably good to note that a lot of robtown valves leak until they are shot once or twice. Another thing I have read a lot of, if using the RT valve, use the stock pin and bolt. Its a standard stacked tube poppet design. If something specific comes up, throw up a thread here. Im sure there are plenty of people who have owned Vikings other than myself that can help.

In my opinion the only thing that makes it special is it is something AKA had designed, but never built. Its performance should be close to that of an 04 Viking with an RT valve. Which in my opinion (I know you werent looking for it) is still a great marker today.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 PM #3
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
A lot of information can be found reading through the threads linked below. I know it's a lot to dig through, but there's a lot of good stuff as well. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask and I'm more than happy to answer the best I can.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2756202
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3124676
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3340155

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback
skinnyfatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM #4
Travis1581

I have a few minutes, but I realized my parts are in two different places so here goes from memory:

Top tube parts: 04 Viking Bolt, Bolt Pin, AKA threaded feedneck
Bottom Tube in order: DC Evil Ehm LPR, Valve, Hammer Cartridge
Frame: Whatever you desire
Board: Again, pretty open to options here as well
Noid: Humphrey HEA10A5-GL-101W
04 Viking Detents
Eyes depend on the board you select
VASA: MeuroM makes them occasionally and a couple can be found on ebay here. Really any old school cocker VASA or there are a couple years of the old BORG VASA will work
Old Today, 11:08 AM #5
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah the 06/07 Cyborg VASA's will work, Not sure if the other years will work though. I've also heard a CCM will work as well. I've been trying to track one down to see.
nlrunkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 PM #6
Torque
AKA Forever

Annual Supporting Member
Torque is a Supporting Member
Contact Torquekev10 He has an entire set of parts for a build he planned on but never started. They are all brand new, still in the baggies. The only thing he doesn't have is a grip frame, but he has all the parts necessary to put an Ego frame on it, including the board.

FEEDBACK THREAD
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 PM #7
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have tried contacting him several times and he i very hit and miss on his replies.
nlrunkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:53 PM #8
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
I wanted to make a comment on the above parts list regarding the bolts. I actually prefer the '03 Viking bolt as they do not have detent grooves in them, so you will not have an extra one at an off angle like the '04. MeuroM, Acid Customs, and DC have all made custom ones in the past as well.

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback
skinnyfatguy is online now   Reply With Quote