PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-20-2015, 01:44 PM #1
Deadshot Dave

Possible Supergame 48 Chrono changes

Last spring I proposed to Dan a possible change to the chrono stations. As we all have seen the chrono stations often get backed up before the game starts due to the big number of players. Dan has always insisted we chrono every time we enter the field. That will not change. The idea I proposed to Dan is an express lane for the chrono. The first time you chrono your gun would be marked, after that when you enter the field you get in the express lane showing your mark pop a couple shots at the express chrono and provided it does not beep you go on the field. This would allow experienced players that set up their marker ahead of time to get back on the field faster. No having to wait for newbs, rental guns, etc. If we get more people doing that it helps to get everyone on the field faster. This does not mean you can skip the chrono, Dan won’t go for that.
The other thing that would help is players getting to the chrono early and getting you gun marked, in doing so you also agree not to change your settings (unless needed) after its been marked. I understand that as it heats up during the day some markers (CO2) may need to be reset but many would be good all day.
This is still not yet approved by Dan so I thought maybe put it up here and see what players think.
I would like opinions on the idea.
Deadshot Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2015, 02:47 PM #2
Spimmy

has been a member for 10 years
The only real issue is at the beginning of the day and before the Final battle, when you have a large group of people trying to get on all at one time. Over 90% of the time I come out to reload and re-air, I walk up and pop a few over the chrono and keep walking. Never had to really wait since my markers are all dialed in anyways, and the person there rarely pays attention to a person with high end equipment anyways. Spot checks on the field would help enforce this more, but refs are typically just sitting so Probably not going to happen.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:58 PM #3
Deadshot Dave

Spimmy,
I agree that those 2 times are bad, that's what I'm trying to eliminate. When the game starts at 10 AM many show up at the chrono at 9:45 so it's next to impossible to get 400-600 through the chrono in 15 min. It would sure help if people would go on the field sooner but no one wants to go out and sit for 30-45 min waiting for the game to start so they all show up at 10 min to game time. It's same thing or worse in that last hour od DMZ, we get 30 min to get off, get air/paint and back on the field. I'm just trying to see if we can somehow make it faster and still keep Dan happy by making sure everyone is run through the chrono. Thanks for the input !
Old 03-20-2015, 03:06 PM #4
Eddie9195
AKA scphantom

People need to head over to the chrono once they open in small groups/individually and not mob over right before the game starts. You will never get people to do that on a large scale though. The only real way to eliminate a chrono line is to have a ton of chronos available, but that is cost prohibitive to have that many chronos set up for basically 2 times during the day that the chrono gets busy.

www.okcompanypaintball.com
Eddie9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:07 AM #5
warrior24
Team Rival

warrior24 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Has anyone proposed moving the chrono station, i saw many people, myself included get hit by paintballs that flew over the netting and hit people walking up the road. The chrono station is on a hill and you shoot downhill, so anyone who aims slightly left hit the road.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:20 AM #6
Deadshot Dave

I will take that up with Dan when we get closer to game time. I have worked doing set up the last 3-4 games so I know what your talking about. I believe your referring to the chrono more to the back end of the field. It sounds like we need to add some net too. It seem to me back around SG 39 or 40 that it was down the hill further and players at the chrono were shooting into the woods more to the right as you look down the hill. Greg (field owner) is also in charge of how & where the net is put up so I will talk to him as well.Thanks Warrior good point!

Last edited by Deadshot Dave : 03-21-2015 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:45 AM #7
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
Got my 'Mag! Let's GO!!!!

Annual Supporting Member
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The chrono station for the former yellow side of the field used to be near their start station. The problem was that people were entering at the DMZ and avoiding the chrono.

Last edited by LoveMyMagMoreThanYou : 03-21-2015 at 12:46 AM.
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:37 AM #8
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree with the chrono placement on that hill. It was particularily bad during the night game when half the people chronoing were shooting into a rather large group of people waiting for the game to start that they couldnt see. I kept moving around to avoid getting shot but it was like they had little homing beacons.
Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:43 AM #9
KaCaBUla

KaCaBUla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
he needs to put more chronos out. only having 2 or 3 at each chrono area is just insane. it should be 4 or 5 plus 3 refs per station. also both chrono stations should be off the main field and in their own netted area. like others have posted here it just sucks *** getting shot while chronoing.
KaCaBUla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:35 PM #10
Deadshot Dave

I agree with all of you about the chrono problems, This is why I posted the thread to get feedback from ya'all about what issues you have w/ the chrono. I ask Dan to buy more a couple of years ago and he got 2 more, but yes sounds like we need more. That would also mean more space to set them up or add another chrono station. My thought was one in the open area on the old yellow side down near that start base like we used to have. plus the 2 we have now. Make the one near the DMZ on that end usable by either side before the game starts. as well as the one on the hill in back needs to be mover or shift the direction to the right so players are not getting shot by chrono balls. If we had 4 chrono machines at each station I think that would help too. I think Dan had 6 or 8 red chrono's so he would need to buy more. I know many of you experienced players can and do set you markers up ahead of time but we have many newbs that don't and that creates a bottleneck when a guy w/ a funky gun is clueless as to how to adjust it. We definatly need more refs at chrono. I doubt Dan can or will set up a chrono off the field, we cant shoot in the orchard. This is all good input and this is why I came up w/ my idea to begin with, I ref for Dan, and have run a chrono station and seen the problems. I don't know if Dan has seen this thread yet or not but this input from you guys will help, thanks to all for addressing the issues you have w/ the chrono's. Lets keep this going so hopefully we get some positive changes from this. One more thought, even if your not playing the nite game chrono on Friday after you get to the field don't wait until Sat morning.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:14 PM #11
Deadshot Dave

Update
Dan has given me the go on this so it will be happening for this game. In order to make this work we need players to get to the chrono early, Friday afternoon/evening and get your marker chrono'd and marked. I want to have one chrono running soon after the paint truck arrives. I will also make an effort to open it early on Sat. morning for the same reason. I will be at the field all week working on set up and making some mods to the chrono stations to make it work better. Any other questions ask Dan he is still the final authority on any decisions made. Someone said this won't work, I say lets try it and see ! I have yet to see anyone come up w/ a better idea !
ReplyRegional Ups