Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 AM #1
Jacobk123
Spyder Pilot FTW!!!
 
Jacobk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA.
Jacobk123 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Jacobk123 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Question Sony Alpha a-33 SLT

Has anyone ever used or heard of this camera? I've seen good reviews about it but need someone who's had a hands on experience with it. Its is said to be great for shooting sport, so that would make a good camera for taking paintball pictures. Any advice would be appreciated.
__________________
-Proud Etek Owner-
Jacobk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 PM #2
outkast kid
 
 
outkast kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Sony=garbage
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:24 PM #3
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I may be a bit out of the loop but from what I've seen the Sony Lenses can be very expensive compared to Canon glass. Something to keep in mind.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 PM #4
AABanned
 
 
AABanned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 330
AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Sony=garbage
I disagree. I've had no problems with my A390, just has more noise than an XS at higher ISO levels because of the CCD sensor. I see no reason why people think it's garbage just because Sony is a newer company in the DSLR market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17
I may be a bit out of the loop but from what I've seen the Sony Lenses can be very expensive compared to Canon glass. Something to keep in mind.
There really isn't much of a difference.

I messed around with the A33 at Best Buy. It was odd having a screen in the viewfinder, but it was nice to see the exposure change which would be nice for beginners. Kinda was nifty how it switched from the back screen to the viewfinder screen when you put it up to your eye. Being able to shoot at 7 fps will make it nice for sports.
AABanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 PM #5
Jacobk123
Spyder Pilot FTW!!!
 
Jacobk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA.
Jacobk123 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Jacobk123 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by AABanned View Post
I disagree. I've had no problems with my A390, just has more noise than an XS at higher ISO levels because of the CCD sensor. I see no reason why people think it's garbage just because Sony is a newer company in the DSLR market.



There really isn't much of a difference.

I messed around with the A33 at Best Buy. It was odd having a screen in the viewfinder, but it was nice to see the exposure change which would be nice for beginners. Kinda was nifty how it switched from the back screen to the viewfinder screen when you put it up to your eye. Being able to shoot at 7 fps will make it nice for sports.
Thank you for the help, your the only person so far to actually give me advice.
__________________
-Proud Etek Owner-
Jacobk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 PM #6
outkast kid
 
 
outkast kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AABanned View Post
I disagree. I've had no problems with my A390, just has more noise than an XS at higher ISO levels because of the CCD sensor. I see no reason why people think it's garbage just because Sony is a newer company in the DSLR market.
Go pick up a camera from an actual camera company like Nikon or Canon and see the difference. Sony makes cameras for the sake of making cameras because they know soccer moms will buy them.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:46 PM #7
xander2188
 
 
xander2188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bellingham
xander2188 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
xander2188 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AABanned View Post
I disagree. I've had no problems with my A390, just has more noise than an XS at higher ISO levels because of the CCD sensor. I see no reason why people think it's garbage just because Sony is a newer company in the DSLR market.



There really isn't much of a difference.

I messed around with the A33 at Best Buy. It was odd having a screen in the viewfinder, but it was nice to see the exposure change which would be nice for beginners. Kinda was nifty how it switched from the back screen to the viewfinder screen when you put it up to your eye. Being able to shoot at 7 fps will make it nice for sports.
they have a more limited lens lineup, they are more expensive, and there is little to no thirdparty lenses produced for that mount. You are better off sticking with either canon/nikon.
xander2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:52 PM #8
AABanned
 
 
AABanned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 330
AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Go pick up a camera from an actual camera company like Nikon or Canon and see the difference. Sony makes cameras for the sake of making cameras because they know soccer moms will buy them.
I've messed around with both those. Personally, I don't like the feel of Canons. I like how Nikons feel and I'll be looking into a D90 or A550 for my next camera.
AABanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump