PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 PM #1
do_you_smell_that

trying making a new Toronto team

iv been playing indoor rec. and woodsball rec. for awhile and want to start making a small team 4-8ppl for senario/woodsball so if there is anyone who is interested post up, i could use advice on starting a new team to so please help me.
do_you_smell_that is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM #2
This.Slick.Gunner
We Kill Suckers

Hey Man,

The first thing you need to look for above all else is one solid location to go to, maybe somewhere where you know people there or have been labeled as a "regular" (nothing wrong with that).

The only hard thing about getting a small 4-8 man team (smaller the better/easier) is finding, not just people in your area, but people who are as driven as you.

Now I could give you 20 reasons why it's hard and might not work but we support people here so let me tell you how to make this come together (I started one myself so this is not some guy shooting smoke out his ***).

1. Get your buddies together and shoot **** as much as possible. If a friend that you know is down but does not own a gun, everyone pitch and get him something crappy. He will now have a reason, drive and motivation to go.

2. Hype and build up are key. Make every kind of social network page this side of Japan. Make a folder that just has notes and everything "your team related" in it. Building a page and the hype of something being created (ie. a paintball presence) is half the challenge.

3. Go to some website and make stickers or one major flag/banner. This will give reason and hope to anyone. To put your name on something is to give it life.

4. Branch out and meet people where you go. Make a flyer and put it in local fields asking if anyone wants to train with your team or play for fun.

Thats the four major man. From one baller to another. Keep playing and good luck. I might see you on the field one day.

Last edited by This.Slick.Gunner : 02-07-2011 at 10:22 AM.
This.Slick.Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM #3
do_you_smell_that

thank you so much that helps me alot, the only problem is that none of my friends like to invest or will come often, where do you play? and if you know anyone in scarb. toronto. let me know please go on byop or something if yous are interested
Old 02-08-2011, 08:26 AM #4
This.Slick.Gunner
We Kill Suckers

Hell yeah man I know people in Scarborough. I myself am in central Toronto but a buddy of mine (he owns a AK47 replica from Tippman) lives up there. Your always welcome to join us (we do a lot of speed-ball though). PM your email, I will pass it forward and he will contact you if he's down.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:55 PM #5
Nels840

Slick gunner has it right man just hit the ground running.

What kind of team are you looking to start? i.e milsim, scenario, recreational or speedball. Each one is different and offers something different, milsim is more army related, scenario foucs more on playing big games and entering all the local scenario and rec is just a for fun team that just meet at the field and plays whenever they can.

What worked for my team was playing the local feilds and looking for the players playing alone and asking them to join the guys i did have in playing.

Create a facebook group and then make some business cards and hand them out to players or talk to the local field owner about putting up a flyer in the shop to help advertise your team.

website like t.dotballers are also great ways to help draw in players.
Nels840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:22 AM #6
This.Slick.Gunner
We Kill Suckers

What we all agree on is SOCIAL NETWORK PRESENCE
Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 AM #7
do_you_smell_that

i got a group up on fb called paint ball recreation team join please its for anything paintball! and imm looking for senario/tactical/recreation but ill join almost any game i just like to ball msg me with your email or join my group on facebook.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 PM #8
kingcon14

hey man i tryed to find your group on facebook but i couldent, i have been trying to find a team for a while, where do you play?
kingcon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 AM #9
do_you_smell_that

hey dude were not currently recruting, however you can look us up to join when were are, your still welcome to join out forms. its parttimekillers.org im a member of warhounds and that is like a branch of PTK. if you have any other questions you can message me at do_you_smell_that@live.ca send me a msg if you have any questin about the PTK, Warhounds or just the site its self.

Do you smell that (DYST) callsign
ReplyRegional Ups