PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 PM #22
PBAsoldier
of the PBA Empire

Been thinking about the "beginner" ranking on the APPA. The spirit of this tournament is to have people playing who are truly beginners, with little or no tournament experience. I think we are going to allow people with a (0) on their APPA to play, but does anyone know if you can ever get bumped back down to a (0) the way your rank drops after time spent not playing tourneys? I know guys around here that used to play Semi Pro, and D1 ball that are now "Rookie", which is what we're trying to avoid.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2011, 09:13 PM #23
supreme leader

supreme leader is playing at Living Legends V
how will you guys know people are telling the truth?
what do you have to do,call appa with everyone's names?
supreme leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 PM #24
vpanebianco44
Vince Panebianco

vpanebianco44 plays in the PSP
vpanebianco44 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vpanebianco44 supports Team VICIOUS
vpanebianco44 is for the Gunfight
vpanebianco44 supports our troops
vpanebianco44 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by dye4dm5 View Post
Can I play?
If your playing i am playing against you!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:37 PM #25
KdogDReapers
KCrute #93

KdogDReapers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
throwing a line in.
KdogDReapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:40 PM #26
SONICBOOM
FreeAgentContractKillers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsoldier View Post
Been thinking about the "beginner" ranking on the APPA. The spirit of this tournament is to have people playing who are truly beginners, with little or no tournament experience. I think we are going to allow people with a (0) on their APPA to play, but does anyone know if you can ever get bumped back down to a (0) the way your rank drops after time spent not playing tourneys? I know guys around here that used to play Semi Pro, and D1 ball that are now "Rookie", which is what we're trying to avoid.
Really?
SONICBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:55 PM #27
boxman400
Joey Aubry

boxman400 plays in the PSP
boxman400 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
boxman400 posts videos on PbNation
boxman400 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KdogDReapers View Post
throwing a line in.
yarp be there
boxman400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 PM #28
Phant0m Chief
~[{Pete}]~#12

Phant0m Chief plays in the PSP
Phant0m Chief owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Phant0m Chief plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsoldier View Post
i dont think u can get dropped back down to 0. I just checked my info and i havnt used appa in 3 years and im not at 0
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 PM #29
KdogDReapers
KCrute #93

Triple Threat. Will be there.
KdogDReapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM #30
ASKrmoore

I want to compete, but my appa ranking isn't 0 and i am still classified as a beginner. can i still play though?
ASKrmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:15 PM #31
BeatD0wnCity
Houston Heat OT

Yeah would like to know a little more detail on this ranking I mean it's clear on saying if you have APPA you can't join, but for those who do but very little to no exp are curious.

Def could throw a squad in this if the rule somewhat changes as in people with APPA's can play but have (0) exp.

Thanks,
Eminent Army/ Evan

It's not about how good you are or how good you look, it's about how bad you want it.

Explicit OT eh?

J.Rabbit
& Bassnectar <3
Houston Heat Fan #8
BeatD0wnCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:36 PM #32
A.S.M.

A.S.M. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
it should be for no higher then beginner on appa, and no national exp. just a suggestion throwing it out there

GEARBAGSALE[CENTERhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post75844741
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post75951683[/center]
A.S.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM #33
firefight42

firefight42 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firefight42 supports Team VICIOUS
I believe this tournament is for kids and young adults looking to get into the sport. Not for people playing 5+ years but never played a ranked event. The prizes are minis prophecies and tanks. Which looking at it, are beginner equipment.

Just because you have an APPA but no ranking does not mean your a beginner. I say this because you obviously had to go on and make an APPA for a reason.

If you are considering playing this tourney ask yourself a couple questions first:
1. Do I own a marker that is more expensive than the prizes and if so, can you take care of it and take it apart and did you pay for it? (yes there are kids with egos and dms and luxes that their parents bought them but don't really know much about it)

2.Can you take being shot numerous times by numerous players and not complain?

3. Would it be fair if your son, daughter, little brother, sister, or cousin played in this tournament knowing there is a team with a higher skill times by 4 than they do.

4. If you need to ask 25 different questions on guidelines on being a beginner?

5. And lastly, if your looking at this for an easy way to get a close to free marker?

Come on guys (and gals). Let's be real here. Instead of trying to make out with "easy prizes" why not encourage some of the walk ons at the fields to sign up for tournaments like this so they can get better and this sport lives on
MERCENARIES INCORPORATED CLOTHING - CUSTOM T-SHIRTS AND LONG SLEEVES. CUSTOM TEAM LONG SLEEVE JERSEYS, TSHIRTS. CUSTOM VINYL AND CAR VINYL
firefight42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 PM #34
sperez21
all star kidz?

sperez21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefight42 View Post
I believe this tournament is for kids and young adults looking to get into the sport. Not for people playing 5+ years but never played a ranked event. The prizes are minis prophecies and tanks. Which looking at it, are beginner equipment.

Just because you have an APPA but no ranking does not mean your a beginner. I say this because you obviously had to go on and make an APPA for a reason.

If you are considering playing this tourney ask yourself a couple questions first:
1. Do I own a marker that is more expensive than the prizes and if so, can you take care of it and take it apart and did you pay for it? (yes there are kids with egos and dms and luxes that their parents bought them but don't really know much about it)

3. Would it be fair if your son, daughter, little brother, sister, or cousin played in this tournament knowing there is a team with a higher skill times by 4 than they do.

5. And lastly, if your looking at this for an easy way to get a close to free marker?

Come on guys (and gals). Let's be real here. Instead of trying to make out with "easy prizes" why not encourage some of the walk ons at the fields to sign up for tournaments like this so they can get better and this sport lives on
lol
Thank you steve liss and all sponsors
All star kidz hot for 2011
RIP Dan Donlon
sperez21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 PM #35
PBAsoldier
of the PBA Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme leader View Post
how will you guys know people are telling the truth?
what do you have to do,call appa with everyone's names?
Ok, to answer a few questions.

No, we're not going to call APPA, but if anyone present that day, be it a player, spectator, staff, or anyone else recognizes you and can tell us what team you played on, we would look it up immediately. If they are right, your whole team would be disqualified with no refund on entry or paint. Is that a chance you want to take? Especially if the player is obviously good, teams or players that seem "too good" always get scrutinized the most.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:34 PM #36
PBAsoldier
of the PBA Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatD0wnCity View Post
Yeah would like to know a little more detail on this ranking I mean it's clear on saying if you have APPA you can't join, but for those who do but very little to no exp are curious.

Def could throw a squad in this if the rule somewhat changes as in people with APPA's can play but have (0) exp.

Thanks,
Eminent Army/ Evan
We will officially accept teams with rostered players that have a (0) with the APPA. Not just beginner ranking, an actual (0) experience. Changing the first post of the thread to match this change right now.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:35 PM #37
PBAsoldier
of the PBA Empire

Quote:

Honestly, this pretty much hits it on the head.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:36 PM #38
Frenzy19
P@iNtB@LL3r4L!f3

Frenzy19 plays in the PSP
Frenzy19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frenzy19 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Frenzy19 plays in the APPA D4 division
how many teams have signed up for this tourney so far, just curious to know if i have time to register a few guys from our squad who do not have any tourney experience and have zeros on their APPA profile. thank you.

Dan
NJ Raze
The Grind Continues!!!
Enflict - Jim Pica Foto - Paintball Authority
Frenzy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:40 PM #39
PBAsoldier
of the PBA Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy19 View Post
how many teams have signed up for this tourney so far, just curious to know if i have time to register a few guys from our squad who do not have any tourney experience and have zeros on their APPA profile. thank you.

Dan
NJ Raze
Only a few so far, it's still pretty early.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM #40
Barrage PB
Barrage

my team will be there

To Most People Paintball Is A Joke, To Some People Paintball Is A Hobbie, To Us It's A Way Of Life.
“Then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through snake...wiped five hits…stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him .......then the ref high-fived me for being so bad ***

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3779979
Barrage PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 AM #41
► MINES ◄ (Banned)

Quote:

No
Yes

hmmmmm
Duhhhhhhh
► MINES ◄ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:38 AM #42
firefight42

firefight42 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firefight42 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ► MINES ◄
Really...?
MERCENARIES INCORPORATED CLOTHING - CUSTOM T-SHIRTS AND LONG SLEEVES. CUSTOM TEAM LONG SLEEVE JERSEYS, TSHIRTS. CUSTOM VINYL AND CAR VINYL
firefight42 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups