Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM #1
Brandon32689

need help from a epiphany owner

whats up guys my friend has epiphany, and i helped him today lube it all up and clean her up good, we ran it over a chrono and it was kinda low, well we have the manual but its kinda confusing i get how to add or lower the dwell and rof delay and firing mode, but it dont say what it is before so i guess you would have to go to the bottom and then work way up, what i want to know is what doe you guys have it set up at as far as dwell and rof delay? also what do you have the hpr set at and what is to much i think its a little over 200 right now, but will something blow the noid if to high? thanks guys
Brandon32689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM #2
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

sumsemperfi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sumsemperfi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just bottom the dwell and raise it to where it will fully cycle then add a few clicks. I think it some where around 30 clicks. Then use the chart on the rof to set it. I believe that reg should be set around 200 I wouldnt go up to much from there.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:52 PM #3
Brandon32689

whats kinda funny is your sig, and i am trying to get this gun going for my buddy who is the fat kid on our team haha, okay so that would make the dwell about 15ms with 30 clicks? i could not find a chart on the rof delay its in ms to
Old 02-03-2011, 01:57 PM #4
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

Haha it's funny cuz he's fat. Honestly I can't remember it's been so long since I set mine up I can't remember what it's all set to. You may check the stickies in this forum or the ion forum and see if u can find the chart. I'm using my phone right now or I'd be a little more helpful.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM #5
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

You might also clean the reg. That could be the reason it was shooting kinda low. Also did u clean then shoot or shoot then clean?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM #6
Brandon32689

we shot then cleaned and then shot again lol, also i am not sure if it matters but we are using just the thin grean insert that comes in the gun, cool well thanks for the help man if you remember what else its set to let us know, we wont be messint with it again till tomorrow or the next day just trying to get more ideas on what to do when i get to it
Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 PM #7
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

A lot of people say to not run a insert it allows the lowest pressure. But I believe I'm runnin the largest insert or which ever is closest to running with out one. Wow its been to long since I tore mine apart haha.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM #8
Brandon32689

oh really i dont even understand what the insert is for could you explain a little? ya the one that is in there is the thinest one so i guess the biggest one allowing more air to be in there.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM #9
FOX_628

FOX_628 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FOX_628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
the inserts drop your fps without dropping operating preasure. Not realy used unless you play indoor with a lower fps. I can run no insert at 200 psi and 290 fps and thickest insert drops the fps to 250 and still run 200 psi with no shot drop off
FOX_628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM #10
Brandon32689

so should i take the insert all the way out? what is it even good for then? would you get better effecienct with the insert out
Old 02-03-2011, 04:14 PM #11
Brandon32689

okay i went and shot over the chrono i am at like 250psi and i am only shooting 240fps-250fps will taking the insert help me ?
Old 02-03-2011, 04:48 PM #12
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
keeperdude plays in the APPA D4 division
Yes taking the insert out should help you. I have been running mine with no insert for a very long time and it seems to get the best results. The inserts are there so that you can optimize the gun. There are some situations where putting one in could help you out (cold weather and whatnot) but just for general use the inserts tend to not let enough gas into the gun. So i would take it out if i were you.

Your internal pressure is at 250? That will probably drop a bit when you take out the insert but as long as it is still shooting then don't worry about it. But if you see your pressure get up into the 300 range you need to bring it back down to 200-250 before shooting again.

I won't be able to help you too much with the board setting though sorry I have a virtue board in my gun so the settings are a little bit off. And on top of that i cant get my gun to shoot over about 265fps right now haha.

Tell us what happens after you take out the insert.

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM #13
Brandon32689

okay i took the insert out and went to shoot it, i am shooting 260ish fps now? i cant seem to get the reg up any higher than the 250psi what else can i do? also i am using .693 bore and it is way over bore i have .684 coming in the mail and will that make a difference in fps?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:11 PM #14
Brandon32689

okay well i treid to add even more psi to the reg but i got it turned as much as i can and it wont go any more, the most i could get it to is like 250psi. I was going to take the reg off and try to take apart and clean it but.... i could not get the reg off because the grip just spins around it will not unscrew the reg any ideas guys?

Update - okay i turned the velocity adjuster all the way until it would just not go any more, i then aired it up and i can get to 260psi and that is it. so i am going to gunna check the fps tomorrow and i am guessing it will be around 270 i am hoping or 280, should his reg be able to go higher then 260? i did not want to tear into it becuase its my buddies gun and dont want to chance tearing his gun up, but i wonder if the .684 insert will make its fps better too?

Last edited by Brandon32689 : 02-03-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:17 PM #15
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

Did u guys check the battery by chance? What you can do to get the reg off is to unhook the macro and use the adjuster and use that to unscrew it. As long as the set screw is in there the bottom shouldn't fall out. Then u can take it apart I believe.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:19 PM #16
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

That might do the trick, and taking the reg off is tricky. Ill post more in detail after dinner.

The insert will not make a noticeable difference

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
Old 02-03-2011, 06:22 PM #17
Brandon32689

ya it is a fresh brand new duracell battery, but shouldnt the reg be able to get over 260? i was thinking on putting it right at 280 like it said it can go up to before hurting anything, i finally got it to were we could get the reg off and i slid the grop off but i did not want to chance going inside nore did i know how this is when i love my ego 10 for the nice color manual that came with it
Old 02-03-2011, 06:22 PM #18
Brandon32689

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperdude View Post
The insert will not make a noticeable difference
okay, but it will on accuracy and effecientcy right? the .693 the balls just fall straight threw
Old 02-03-2011, 07:42 PM #19
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

Well if the balls are just rolling out of the barrel then its a problem with your detents, the back of the barrel is not what holds the ball in the chamber, its the detents (little rubber pieces by the eyes) that keep the ball from moving.

And whether or not changing the bore size will help or not depends on the paint you are using. No single bore size is more accurate than any other, its the combination of the bore and the size of the ball that makes it more accurate/efficient.

And the reg may be able to go higher but i don't suggest it. Mine runs at 200 on the spot, shoots 265 which is a little slower than i want but its ok, it think its a dwell problem that i just haven't gotten around to fixing.

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM #20
Brandon32689

ya man i know what the detents are i am not new to paintball at all, i am saying like if i put a ball in the barrel to see if the bore is to big it just falls threw like no prob, the detents are just fine, but i kinda see how i worded it sorry lol, well i will keep it at 240 psi and then mess with the dwell or something, what should i do to rase the velocity up the dwell or lower it? thanks still new to all the tuning i played with tippmanns for so long and them my mini and ego 10 are tuned already i have not had to do anything but lube lol
Old 02-03-2011, 08:01 PM #21
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

Haha thats fine I was just covering all the things that i thought might have been a problem for you.

And you can raise the internal pressure higher than 240 to get the fps up, if you go too high the gun just wont shoot, it will feel like you have a pinched ball.

And as far as dwell goes if your gun is shooting slow or is dropping off, then you need to UP the dwell, what that does is allow the gun more time to get air into the system before cycling which in turn will shoot the ball harder. Its kinda tough to remember haha i end up lowering it half the time i should be raising it.

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball