Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM #22
kitono

kitono plays in the APPA D5 division
tried it out on my ego 11 last weekend. the bolt pin kept popping out so it doesn't work. Will you be releasing a hush bolt that'll work with the ego11?

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST
kitono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2011, 01:09 PM #23
bvddog

Bought one 2 weeks ago and it is the best bolt I have ever used for an Ego. Rides on the O-rings for less breach wear if any and is quieter and raised my FPS by 25 no kidding. MY cure 3 will collect dust forever never again will it go in my SL-94 and I have the pooty modded one which means nothing it still sucks compared to Hush Bolt. Also the Hush Bolt is perfect tolerance.
bvddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:02 PM #24
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitono View Post
tried it out on my ego 11 last weekend. the bolt pin kept popping out so it doesn't work. Will you be releasing a hush bolt that'll work with the ego11?
Same issue on by teammates etek 3. Had to put a stiffer spring for the bolt pin/ball. It still rides up a little, but won't disengage from the ram unless you pull. His stock bolt would hold very snug. This seems to be a re-occuring problem with the hush.

bvdog, if your not going to use your cure 3 anymore you can go ahead and send it to me. thanks.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:05 PM #25
eskeoto
Seriously!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitono View Post
I'd like to know if how common of an accurance this is with this bolt. And if it is common does TechT have a fix in the works. I have an 11 and don't want to buy something that is going to have to be rigged to get to work properly.
eskeoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:56 PM #26
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insayn3 View Post
Sarcasm is tough to gauge over the internet, huh.

Look's pretty good in black, I'll be picking one up.
from fanboys it is.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM #27
tim@techtpaintball

tim@techtpaintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Hey guys, sorry about any issues you may be having with the bolt. I have been not been looking at this thread for a while and want to get some stuff cleared up for you.
We have not had any reports of the pin not staying in place. I urge those of you that have had problems to give us a call. If anyone with an ego 11 would like to send there gun in for us to confirm measurements and fit- I will offer up a free hush bolt to that individual. We would probably only need the gun for a couple of days.
A question was raised about pooty grinding the bolt- we don't because we feel that the extra meat on the back strengthens the bolt. We have seen them snap in stress tests when we removed material on the back. Patent speculation... we have applied for it. If anyone has tried to patent anything- you are aware that it is a long process.
As for the material change... the costs of the grade of delrin we are using is actually a few cents higher per inch than the original costs of the eralyte. We found that the 900 series delrin was stronger and was more wear resistant. We felt that raising the price of the bolt was not an option. But by switching material we fixed a couple a mechanical weaknesses and yes... some people like that it is now black.
Are intentions are not to make a bolt in a different color just so you can buy another one. It was to remedy a couple of issues and keep the costs low so players will continue to purchase the bolt.
This bolt continues to be one of our best performers and sellers to date. I want to thank all of you for that. We appreciate all your support.
I want to reiterate that I would like to hear from anyone having any difficulties- we want to make sure it works for everybody.
Thanks.

For more info on the products I make go to www.techtpaintball.com
Please email me if you have a question, PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME.
If you want to contact me quickly and easily.... call (901-405-1848 EXT. 14) TechT Paintball Main Office
or email me at tim@techtpaintball.com
tim@techtpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM #28
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
awesome, thanks for the response tim.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 PM #29
K20z3

K20z3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
K20z3 plays in the APPA D5 division
K20z3 supports DLX Technology
will this fit in a 06 ego?

K20z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:54 PM #30
tim@techtpaintball

tim@techtpaintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Yes it should just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20z3 View Post
will this fit in a 06 ego?

For more info on the products I make go to www.techtpaintball.com
Please email me if you have a question, PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME.
If you want to contact me quickly and easily.... call (901-405-1848 EXT. 14) TechT Paintball Main Office
or email me at tim@techtpaintball.com
tim@techtpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:14 PM #31
K20z3

K20z3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
K20z3 plays in the APPA D5 division
K20z3 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim@techtpaintball View Post
Yes it should just fine.
Awesome! I should be picking one up very soon then!

K20z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:21 PM #32
bostoneric

bostoneric supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Hey guys, sorry about any issues you may be having with the bolt. I have been not been looking at this thread for a while and want to get some stuff cleared up for you.
We have not had any reports of the pin not staying in place. I urge those of you that have had problems to give us a call. If anyone with an ego 11 would like to send there gun in for us to confirm measurements and fit- I will offer up a free hush bolt to that individual. We would probably only need the gun for a couple of days.
A question was raised about pooty grinding the bolt- we don't because we feel that the extra meat on the back strengthens the bolt. We have seen them snap in stress tests when we removed material on the back. Patent speculation... we have applied for it. If anyone has tried to patent anything- you are aware that it is a long process.
As for the material change... the costs of the grade of delrin we are using is actually a few cents higher per inch than the original costs of the eralyte. We found that the 900 series delrin was stronger and was more wear resistant. We felt that raising the price of the bolt was not an option. But by switching material we fixed a couple a mechanical weaknesses and yes... some people like that it is now black.
Are intentions are not to make a bolt in a different color just so you can buy another one. It was to remedy a couple of issues and keep the costs low so players will continue to purchase the bolt.
This bolt continues to be one of our best performers and sellers to date. I want to thank all of you for that. We appreciate all your support.
I want to reiterate that I would like to hear from anyone having any difficulties- we want to make sure it works for everybody.
Thanks.
I'll gladly send you my ego 11 if it helps the rest of the ego community.

WTB: NXe Elevation 4 + 3 Alex Fraige blue Pod Pack (my fav pack)
bostoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:51 PM #33
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
No. [Ertalyte TX] was getting too difficult to get our hands on. And when we could the price was way too expensive. We would have had to start charging more for the bolt. We did spring for better delrin though.
Quote:

As for the material change... the costs of the grade of delrin we are using is actually a few cents higher per inch than the original costs of the eralyte.
Which is it? Was the Ertalyte TX increasing in cost so you switched materials or is the Delrin 900sp more expensive?

Quote:
We found that the 900 series delrin was stronger and was more wear resistant. We felt that raising the price of the bolt was not an option. But by switching material we fixed a couple a mechanical weaknesses and yes... some people like that it is now black.
Thanks.
What issues were addressed? Besides material change were there any changes to the shape or size of anything? I currently have the original white Ertalyte TX and want to know if there are any performance changes or reasons I should get the new one.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!

Last edited by Jinx18 : 03-29-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 PM #34
}{oleN1
*314*

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
Which is it? Was the Ertalyte TX increasing in cost so you switched materials or is the Delrin 900sp more expensive?
He said the Delrin 900sp is more expensive than the Ertalyte TX originally was...presumably the Eralyte increased to a point that they could not continue to sell at the price and still make the margin they want.
}{oleN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 PM #35
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Trust me guys, you will love the black bolts over the older grey ones.

I have sold hmmm maybe 60 modded hush bolts and modded countless more customer. Not one has had a issue with strength or cracking issues. I would be the very first to hear about it. The amount that is removed is very very small. Just enough to prevent breach contact at those points. Fact is, they are even stronger then the cure bolts and those I have done a silly number of. But yes, I would say techt should leave the bolt how it is

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

---Pooty Paintball Facebook---

Last edited by Pooty51 : 03-29-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Pooty51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:58 AM #36
Blak Katalyst
CT Effect

Blak Katalyst has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blak Katalyst supports Empire
I'll get one if my SLS inserts fit....
Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 PM #37
bostoneric

bostoneric supports DLX Technology
Quote:
If anyone with an ego 11 would like to send there gun in for us to confirm measurements and fit- I will offer up a free hush bolt to that individual. We would probably only need the gun for a couple of days.

WTB: NXe Elevation 4 + 3 Alex Fraige blue Pod Pack (my fav pack)
bostoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 PM #38
PsydFX

PsydFX owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
PsydFX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Katalyst View Post
I'll get one if my SLS inserts fit....
PsydFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 AM #39
Brendonrd

Brendonrd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Got mine yesterday. My small local shop actually had one in the display case. It's definitely quieter in my 08, haven't had a chance to chrono it yet to see how it affected velocity. I love it regardless. Well designed and did I mention, it's black now?
Brendonrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 AM #40
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoneric View Post
Good man!
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:49 AM #41
slowimpreza

slowimpreza plays in the PSP
I'm still waiting to see if these fit the 11's for sure.
slowimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 PM #42
WihGlah
Underboring works

WihGlah owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
^^^^^^

Mine does.

WE ARE BORG!
SCORE IS IRRELEVANT!
WihGlah is offline   Reply With Quote