12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Join Date: Apr 2006
B/S/T FAQ, Tips and Rules (The Only Rules That Matter)
PbNation is in no way accountable for any problems you may have using the Buy/Sell/Trade sections of this site. If you are having problems please visit the Theft Report forum for help.
3rd Party Deals: The safest way to trade online.
The absolute 100% way not to get scammed is to use a PbNation Moderator as a 3rd party
. There is a small cost associated with using a 3rd party, but it guarantees you will not be scammed and a Moderator can help mediate a resolution if there is a problem.
Avoid known scammers.
Make sure the person you are dealing with is not on the Traders To Avoid list
. If they are on the list you should avoid dealing with them and contact a Moderator
Essential Buy/Sell/Trade Tips:
Remember, user rules posted in their thread don't mean anything and aren't enforceable. The only rules that matter can be found here: PbNation B/S/T Rules. It is good etiquette to read over another user's rules before posting in their thread because you might choose not to deal with them if they have too many made up rules or rules you do not like. You are not under any obligation to follow any of these user made up rules.
- Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction.
- Be polite to buyers and sellers. This includes people you have no intention of dealing with. Other potential dealers won't want to deal with you if they see you are rude to others.
- If the deal is too good to be true, then it probably is. Use a 3rd party or find a different deal.
- Do not rely on PMs. Save important information such as PbN PMs, instant message logs, emails, texts.
- Buyers: Ask questions. Make sure everything you want is included in the sale.
- Sellers: Be incredibly clear about the condition of items and exactly what is included. Don't leave off damage or wear to try to sell an item faster or for more money. It will cause problems in the long run.
- Ask for detailed pictures. Feel free to ask the seller to take a picture of the item with their name, your name and today's date on a piece of paper with the item.
- Make sure sellers have their items listed in a thread. Deals strictly through PMs aren't eligible for feedback.
- Always exchange personal contact information such as full name, home address, email address, and phone number. Call the person and speak with them on the phone.
- When dealing with someone under the age of 18 you should always talk to their parents on the phone.
- Never send money or product before a complete deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified.
- If the other party is unwilling to share complete contact information, don't deal with them.
- Make sure both sides agree on when and how money or items should ship and then update the other party if things change.
- If your item has a serial number, write it down. Take pictures of it. Also make note of every distinguishing mark it has.
- Use a credit card whenever possible: If you use a credit card, you can file a dispute with the credit card company if you do not receive the item you purchased or if what you receive is not what you ordered.
- Do NOT send cash, EVER. Often it will never reach its destination and there is no way to recover the funds or even prove money was sent.
- After the deal is finalized, post it right in the thread. Quote the first post so it can't be edited. Be very clear about everything that is included.
- The person with the least amount of feedback generally ships first. Check feedback thoroughly to make sure it is legitimate. If you don't want to ship first, simply don't. Use a 3rd party or find a different deal.
- When shipping, always use Delivery Confirmation AND signature confirmation from USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL. (Require a signature!)
- Always insure high value items for the cost of replacement. Take the extra expense of insurance into account when selling your item. Insurance protects you if the item is damaged or lost while being shipped.
- Keep all tracking slips, shipping receipts, payment receipts, money order receipts etc. These items will help you resolve potential problems and are needed for insurance claims with shipping companies.
- Do not leave feedback until you have everything you were promised in hand.
Last edited by USAFWD : 02-09-2012 at 12:45 AM.
|Rules for Pro Player Equipment Forum
|Please do not offer trades unless the thread specifically says they are all right. Most Pros can not shoot or play with different gear even if it is a fair trade.
This forum is for Professional players to sell personal gear, not for players to open a mini-PbNation store or to front for a retail store. You may post new in the box (NIB) items you were given as part of sponsorship, but please post at or above the minimum advertised price (MAP). You can sell them for less, but please work that deal out in private.
We recommend posting your real name, team name and what you are selling in the title of the thread.
Please click here for tips on using the PbNation B/S/T section, or here for the complete B/S/T Rules.
We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Forum before considering any deal here.
(Click on a number for a more detailed explanation or examples.)
1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. Always get complete contact information before anything is shipped.
2. Post new threads in the proper forum.
3. No links to auction sites, forums or other sale sites.
4. Post a title that accurately describes what you are selling.
5. List the item(s) for sale clearly and post a reasonable price. Websites may not just link back to their site.
6. Product being sold must be in seller's possession. No pre-orders.
7. One thread per item sold (please read the sticky in the Gearbag and ASM forums for exceptions).
8. Post new or "only tested" items in the New or Unused Equipment / Services forum only.
9. No counterfeit, illegal, prohibited or non-paintball items where the user must be 18+ to purchase.
10. No selling online gaming accounts, virtual goods or currency.
Violating any of these rules risks an infraction, thread closing, thread deletion or even a ban. Gold Ups will not be refunded.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service as well.
Please report posts that break the rules. If you can not follow all of the rules found here, please do not post in the B/S/T section of PbNation.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off