PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 AM #673
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
only if it's a type-s the regular RSX accelerates like a 3 legged dog (though handles pretty well)
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 AM #674
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

That's a lot of money for an RSX. A type-s can be found for 6-8k depending on year. Also I wouldn't drive a base RSX for fear of not being able to merge on the highway.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 AM #675
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

type-s or not at all

and insurance on mine is retarded but i do have a couple of tickets thanks to motorcycles

I'd get some quotes just to be on the safe side.

My next thought is if you're thinking about a base rsx...id save my money and get a miata. Also slow, but arguably has more potential as a fun car.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM #676
Alan777
Tree Fitty

and it drives the correct wheels
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM #677
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Yeah, spins that one wheel really really slow.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM #678
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I've come to enjoy FWD cars. They just stick.

Flame on.

Also don't understand why people act like cars such as the 350z are worthless because they are "slow as balls." It's not a drag car. It's purpose is not just to go fast in a straight line (boring anyway). I've ridden in a couple of them and they seem pretty quick. I always here the same kind of thing about the s2k. "It's not that fast"
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 03-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:55 PM #679
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

effse7en has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
idk man, I drove a CTS-V on sunday, and that was a pretty fun straight line. I'm not a good enough driver to try the corners in it (nor did I want to **** up a 75k car), but if I had to choose between that and a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I'd take the straight line.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 PM #680
Dye Equals Die

I'm looking to buy a car for around $3000-$5000.
Needs good gas mileage and I don't want a truck any suggestions anyone?
Dye Equals Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 PM #681
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

So raise your hand if you were going to suggest a truck when he said it needs to have good gas mileage.

j/k

What else are you looking for in a car? Find an older civic in decent shape would be my first thought.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 AM #682
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post

Flame on.

Also don't understand why people act like cars such as the 350z are worthless because they are "slow as balls." It's not a drag car. It's purpose is not just to go fast in a straight line (boring anyway). I've ridden in a couple of them and they seem pretty quick. I always here the same kind of thing about the s2k. "It's not that fast"
1. FWD cars only "just stick" because you don't lose control as easily. That doesn't mean they're sticking, that just means they're going too slow to lose it. If you're going around a corner in a FWD car and you gun it, it's going to go straight. Not sure how that's sticking at all.
2. You've clearly never driven a good RWD car in an environment that allowed you to push it. You can take it way further. Why do you think almost all purpose-built racecars are RWD/AWD and the fastest cars ever built (for track purposes) are all RWD?
3. 350z is very slow in a straight line compared to other cars. It's an N/A V6 and that's that. You need a big motor, a LOT of work, or F/I to go fast in a straight line.
4. S2000s handle great and are about as quick as a 350z in a straight line, I'd take one over a 350z without thinking twice. It's 400lbs lighter and has a 50:50 weight distribution. It was designed to handle well and that's exactly what it does. 350z is a bromobile.

Last edited by Supra_MKIII : 03-29-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM #683
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
Yeah, spins that one wheel really really slow.
Hey now, some come with an LSD.

Quote:

Flame on.

Seems like most people choose to go fast in a straight line because it's a lot less on the street. My friend has a low 12's cobra and I still find my 14 second car fun. It's not always about how much power you have. I'd rather put money into suspension anyday.
1994 BMW 325is
Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 PM #684
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

I put money into suspension on my car because nobody makes go-fast parts for it...
Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM #685
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
we have to remember that most of american roads are straight lines
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM #686
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

With lots of stop signs and traffic lights in them...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 PM #687
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
1. FWD cars only "just stick" because you don't lose control as easily. That doesn't mean they're sticking, that just means they're going too slow to lose it. If you're going around a corner in a FWD car and you gun it, it's going to go straight. Not sure how that's sticking at all.
2. You've clearly never driven a good RWD car in an environment that allowed you to push it. You can take it way further. Why do you think almost all purpose-built racecars are RWD/AWD and the fastest cars ever built (for track purposes) are all RWD?
3. 350z is very slow in a straight line compared to other cars. It's an N/A V6 and that's that. You need a big motor, a LOT of work, or F/I to go fast in a straight line.
4. S2000s handle great and are about as quick as a 350z in a straight line, I'd take one over a 350z without thinking twice. It's 400lbs lighter and has a 50:50 weight distribution. It was designed to handle well and that's exactly what it does. 350z is a bromobile.
1- I understand this. I guess I mean to say it is easier to drive fast without losing control and having to manage the oversteer. Oversteer is fun too but in a different way. Understeer makes me giggle. Oversteer makes me go yeehaw.
2- Not disputing this at all.
3- Slow compared to what?
4- Agree. I want an s2000 badly. Never knew the Z had such a bad rap. I seem to do pretty well with it in forza

I will say my dad's g35 handles like a goddamn dump truck.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:34 PM #688
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:
1- I understand this. I guess I mean to say it is easier to drive fast without losing control and having to manage the oversteer. Oversteer is fun too but in a different way. Understeer makes me giggle. Oversteer makes me go yeehaw.
2- Not disputing this at all.
3- Slow compared to what?
4- Agree. I want an s2000 badly. Never knew the Z had such a bad rap. I seem to do pretty well with it in forza

I will say my dad's g35 handles like a goddamn dump truck.
1. Hahaha pretty good way to describe it there
3. Compared to other sports cars, pretty much anything turbo that isn't a Jetta will beat it
4. Zs don't have really bad reputations, but they're not exactly the most performance oriented cars. They just look cool mostly, so far as I can tell

If you've driven a G35 you've driven a 350z, they're the same car with different bodies and slightly different interiors

Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 PM #689
Alan777
Tree Fitty

IIRC the G35 weighs more and has a much softer suspension.
1994 BMW 325is
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM #690
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

orly

I did not know that. But they should be pretty similar even given those small changes

Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 PM #691
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

Ever driven a car in anger with a back seat, then taken the back seat out? Worlds of difference. Also the Z is braced more and the suspension is more performance-oriented, because racecar.
My beef with them is that they're great cars, if they were about 5-7500 less. 32k for 332hp and 3245 lbs is kind of stupid. Not to mention upgrades and mods seem to be STUPID expensive for the VQ cars, which is strange considering how many are made. I like Z's, but there are definitely better value cars out there.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM #692
folkloricjungle

$22,000 (new)

Gas efficiency and looks are important!

This is a car for a first time driver!

What recommendations do you have? Thanks!
folkloricjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM #693
Alan777
Tree Fitty

civic

or c5z06
1994 BMW 325is