Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-01-2011, 03:58 PM #316
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

It is possible if you search hard enough.

This is a good read.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...10k/index.html
DrobertsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 AM #317
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrobertsPB View Post
It is possible if you search hard enough.

This is a good read.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...10k/index.html
Good read, but lol'd at the scion.
AABanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:33 AM #318
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

Yeah, that was the only thing on there I was about.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 AM #319
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

effse7en has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I drive a scion and I don't know why the b is on that list...
Generally when I hear "project car" I'm thinking performance. The xB has NONE. The only fun one would be the tC.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:34 PM #320
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

I want an xb for a DD
Old 08-07-2011, 11:48 PM #321
Jebus Christ
Praise Jebus!

My mom for wants me to get a car from the same dealership she just bought her Dodge Journey from since she believes she can get a good deal as a repeat customer.

My budget is roughly $5-6,000 and I need something that is reliable. (So out of the three: Fast, Cheap, Reliable, I'm choosing Cheap and Reliable).

I've looked through their collection and the only thing that caught my eye was a 1999 Infiniti I30 Limited with 92,000 miles on it:

http://www.airportcdj.com/used/Infin...64c76cd408.htm

I've been looking at reviews and it have found nothing but great reviews (seriously, I haven't found one bad one yet). I get a "luxury" car for cheap and all reviews have said they easily pushed it to 160,000 miles only changing oil, tires, brakes, etc (the basics).

Any opinions/thoughts?

"Originally posted by Ben-Oblivion : Jebus , You are full of win and flavr. I will never doubt your holyness again."

Vist my new tech Blog: www.brokemanstech.com
Jebus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:34 PM #322
ShUtTeRBoI

ShUtTeRBoI is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by weso98 View Post
I want some fun to drive, rwd would be nice. From any where between 3-4k price range.
For RWD look at 93+ bmw 325i. Try to get the cleanest example you can with for 3000 then spend the rest on replacing the cooling system, and budget in snow tires if you're in a state that gets snow. 92s have a non-vanos engine so it's a tradeoff between midrange and possible vanos solenoid failure. Vanos is BMW's name for its variable valve timing system. The older 88-91 325is are great but I believe the prices of the e36s (92-01) are lower.

If rwd isn't a huge deal, you could try looking at integras, but while they're fun to drive they're not fast. I recently got mine and i've been getting 33-35mpgs driving it spiritedly. Another car worth looking at is the ford focus (2003-2004) with the pzev 2.3l engine. It has very good aftermarket support if you're into that kind of thing and has a very practical form factor.

You didn't mention if you wanted a manual car or not but I'd steer clear from 4-cylinders if you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus Christ View Post
My mom for wants me to get a car from the same dealership she just bought her Dodge Journey from since she believes she can get a good deal as a repeat customer.

My budget is roughly $5-6,000 and I need something that is reliable. (So out of the three: Fast, Cheap, Reliable, I'm choosing Cheap and Reliable).

I've looked through their collection and the only thing that caught my eye was a 1999 Infiniti I30 Limited with 92,000 miles on it:

http://www.airportcdj.com/used/Infin...64c76cd408.htm

I've been looking at reviews and it have found nothing but great reviews (seriously, I haven't found one bad one yet). I get a "luxury" car for cheap and all reviews have said they easily pushed it to 160,000 miles only changing oil, tires, brakes, etc (the basics).

Any opinions/thoughts?
I had a 98 maxima as my first car which is the same exact car with a nissan badge. It's a great car, good power, reliable, smooth and safe. You want to look out for check engine lights and the usual stuff. Mine was kind of thirsty it'd get 19-22 with mixed driving. I know the 99 maximas had immobilizer issues i'm not sure about the I30s. Rear wheel bearings are costly to replace but other than that I had no mechanical problems from the car.
ShUtTeRBoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM #323
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

Are you really suggesting... nvm I don't even
Old 08-09-2011, 02:55 PM #324
EPICfailure
I regret my username

EPICfailure owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
EPICfailure owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EPICfailure is an NCPA player
EPICfailure plays in the APPA D4 division
A little bit ago in this thread I mentioned an Impreza, here it is: http://subaru.flemington.com/preowne...GC4350WG500721

The only problem with it is there is a tiny bit of rust behind both rear wheel wells, you can see it in the pictures slightly. Is this a big deal? If it is, would it be worth it to have it removed?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:52 PM #325
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICfailure View Post
A little bit ago in this thread I mentioned an Impreza, here it is: http://subaru.flemington.com/preowne...GC4350WG500721

The only problem with it is there is a tiny bit of rust behind both rear wheel wells, you can see it in the pictures slightly. Is this a big deal? If it is, would it be worth it to have it removed?
Looks like only surface rust. Get under it and check the wheel wells and all the main suspension and support spots just to make sure. It most likely is just surface rust, and that isn't a big deal at all. You might want to treat it just to make it look better or not spread but even that isn't necessarily required.

That is a really common spot for rust. So most cars will have it there.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:02 PM #326
freestyle141
Because Racecar

freestyle141 is playing at Living Legends VI
See if anyone has any suggestions.

Price Max is $25,000. I could go a hair over if need be.
Will be my daily driver, all year round. I will purchase snow tires for the car. I already have a 2 seater fast car, so it must fit 4 people. Even prefer 4 doors so the backseat is roomy. I would like a manual, but automatic if I have to. Car/truck/suv. The newer and lower miles the better like nothing over 20,000 preferred. No I don't want a sti or evo or anything someone 'modded'.
Thanks

CCM gloss red s6.5 #40
Dangerous Power Fusion FX
freestyle141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 PM #327
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle141
See if anyone has any suggestions.

Price Max is $25,000. I could go a hair over if need be.
Will be my daily driver, all year round. I will purchase snow tires for the car. I already have a 2 seater fast car, so it must fit 4 people. Even prefer 4 doors so the backseat is roomy. I would like a manual, but automatic if I have to. Car/truck/suv. The newer and lower miles the better like nothing over 20,000 preferred. No I don't want a sti or evo or anything someone 'modded'.
Thanks
Kia Optima. No, seriously. I went shopping with a friend today and we sat in an Optima and it was amazing compared to the old Kias, and even most of the cars we saw today. 24k gets you a lot.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:35 AM #328
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

There is alot of stuff out there for that range, Audi's, Audi SUVS, Foresters, ****, I don't even know how many there are to list.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 AM #329
massive_ian

i started car shopping a while ago and have narrowed it down to the following cars

2011 kia optima sx- best bang for the buck
2012 TL-SH- love the interior, exterior not so much
2012 Maxima- i love the car except for that damn CVT tranny
2011 G37x- good car but interior needs some refinement as well as the engine

as much as i hate to say this i think i would lean more towards the optima...however i never thought i would ever own a kia.
the tl and maxima would be tied for 2nd, only reason is because the maxima is 7 grand cheaper than the tl but has the cvt tranny

what would you pick on this list?

by the way im looking for something semi-large, and reliable.
massive_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:52 AM #330
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

Quote:
Seems like you already have it figured out. Its not a bad thing you are learning towards the Kia. I think its pretty well known that Kia and Hyundai are really stepping up.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:04 AM #331
massive_ian

Ya....honestly if the kia had a honda or toyota badge I would probably be in one already.....I know that sounds bad but its hard to believe how well kia and hyundai have done the past 3 years. i guess it will just take some time to get over the whole "its a kia" thing. I would much prefer the TL over the optima for the cabin refinement alone. but im not sure if i want to spend 10k+ on it
massive_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 AM #332
ecampo

ecampo is reppin' sidebar 4 life
25-30k. Been looking at E46 M3s and 2008+STis. Any other suggestions in this class/price range?
ecampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:30 PM #333
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by massive_ian View Post
Ya....honestly if the kia had a honda or toyota badge I would probably be in one already.....I know that sounds bad but its hard to believe how well kia and hyundai have done the past 3 years. i guess it will just take some time to get over the whole "its a kia" thing. I would much prefer the TL over the optima for the cabin refinement alone. but im not sure if i want to spend 10k+ on it
You can always look at older TSX's TL's etc. I think they look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecampo View Post
25-30k. Been looking at E46 M3s and 2008+STis. Any other suggestions in this class/price range?
There are worlds of car for that price range. Evo, 370z, Genesis coupe, G37 coupe, G35 coupe, new 5.0's, etc. Just click around.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 PM #334
effse7en
SPELL CHECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by massive_ian
A friend of mine's dad has had a Sonata for a little over a year and a half now, and it's given him no problems yet. The only issue he's had was he crushed his bumper while using the backup camera, and if I remember correctly, it was only like 250 for the whole repair, new bumper, paint, etc...
Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 AM #335
carcrazycorey
Meow

carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Might pick up this jeep down the road from me. Its $1000 OBO. 94 cherokee, 4.0, Auto :/, 2WD, 158k miles, needs paint job, and the interior could use some work. I would use this only on occasions where I need a car instead of my bike, and it would also be a play toy.

So is 1000 reasonable?
carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:05 PM #336
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by massive_ian View Post
i started car shopping a while ago and have narrowed it down to the following cars

as much as i hate to say this i think i would lean more towards the optima...however i never thought i would ever own a kia.
the tl and maxima would be tied for 2nd, only reason is because the maxima is 7 grand cheaper than the tl but has the cvt tranny

what would you pick on this list?

by the way im looking for something semi-large, and reliable.
What's wrong with the CVT? It's a hell of a lot smoother to drive, and the maxima has enough power to negate any extra DT loss. I hated it at first, but i love driving it now.

I'd definitely consider the optima though, they seem really nice for the money
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote