PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-03-2014, 01:51 PM #1
Activecamoman68

Activecamoman68 supports Empire
Wanting to restore a car some day...

I'm thinking about a '68 Camaro because my uncle had one. Any recommendations?
Activecamoman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM #2
Ozamataz Buckshank

Cool story, bro.

Someday I want to do lots of stuff.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM #3
shortypaintballr
frat brah

Don't.

Have Need for Speed: Rivals for PS4. Want FIFA 14. PM me to trade.
shortypaintballr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:16 PM #4
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
King Ranch F250
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:38 PM #5
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortypaintballr View Post
Don't.
this.
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 PM #6
SnowManDopeMan
Oakland

SnowManDopeMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SnowManDopeMan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SnowManDopeMan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SnowManDopeMan supports Empire
Yeah I have been Restoring a 72 Spider Fiat 124, and be prepared to spend a lot of money and make sure you know what your doing, The fiat Is practice for my next restore, 69 Fastback mach1 I would only recommend Classic cars.
SnowManDopeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 PM #7
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortypaintballr View Post
Don't.
Shut up.
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:03 PM #8
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowManDopeMan View Post
Yeah I have been Restoring a 72 Spider Fiat 124, and be prepared to spend a lot of money and make sure you know what your doing, The fiat Is practice for my next restore, 69 Fastback mach1 I would only recommend Classic cars.
Why would you restore a classic car? They're slow and cost tons of money. Just buy an Evo or something that someone had a fender bender with and restore that.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 PM #9
jrow17
Low n Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
Why would you restore a classic car? They're slow and cost tons of money. Just buy an Evo or something that someone had a fender bender with and restore that.
because classic cars have history and style. Those are two things Evos will never have. They are works of art unike your snap together cars. I get the speed thing, but not everyone needs that. I like mine low, slow, curvy, and mean looking.. you can have your fast, boxy, cute electro stuff. To each his own

As for restoring a car, I say go for it. It is a huge investment, but you can majorly cut costs if you do everything yourself (maybe shell out for paint and chrome). I started my first restorartion project when I was 17 (1970 Buick GS). I paid $800 for the car and did all of the work myself. I only ended up spending about another $2k to restore it. Was it a 100 point show car? obviously not.. but it looked great and got a lot of respect. Find something that is running/driving but needs body work/paint and maybe some other small mechanical work. A 68 Camaro is going to cost you tooonnns of money, a decent platform for restoration alone is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. I would suggest a base model LeMans, Skylark or Torino for your first restoration if you are in to the muscle car era. Always remember to check the frame before purchasing.. look for rust holes (surface rust is ok), cracks or any other damage. If it has any of these, stay away. I have restored many cars over the past 10-12 years and I am an autobody tech.. so if you have any questions feel free to pm me, I am always up for some classic car talk
jrow17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 PM #10
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
I've restored 3 vehicles in my life, a 69' Camaro SS convertible, a '63 Corvette Convert and a 1977 Ford Bronco. I say this with your interest at heart. It is cheaper and wiser to buy a restored vehicle than restore one yourself.

Last edited by NargofWoV : 03-18-2014 at 11:39 AM.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 PM #11
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
I used to have a 69' Dodge Camero too
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:39 AM #12
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
I used to have a 69' Dodge Camero too
Thanks, fixed.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:07 PM #13
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Oedipus supports DLX Technology
I recommend a late C3 or C4 generation Corvette because a.) they're dreadful, and b.) you're going to ruin it anyway so you might as well ruin fiberglass.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:43 AM #14
SnowManDopeMan
Oakland

SnowManDopeMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SnowManDopeMan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SnowManDopeMan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SnowManDopeMan supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrow17 View Post
because classic cars have history and style. Those are two things Evos will never have. They are works of art unike your snap together cars. I get the speed thing, but not everyone needs that. I like mine low, slow, curvy, and mean looking.. you can have your fast, boxy, cute electro stuff. To each his own

As for restoring a car, I say go for it. It is a huge investment, but you can majorly cut costs if you do everything yourself (maybe shell out for paint and chrome). I started my first restorartion project when I was 17 (1970 Buick GS). I paid $800 for the car and did all of the work myself. I only ended up spending about another $2k to restore it. Was it a 100 point show car? obviously not.. but it looked great and got a lot of respect. Find something that is running/driving but needs body work/paint and maybe some other small mechanical work. A 68 Camaro is going to cost you tooonnns of money, a decent platform for restoration alone is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. I would suggest a base model LeMans, Skylark or Torino for your first restoration if you are in to the muscle car era. Always remember to check the frame before purchasing.. look for rust holes (surface rust is ok), cracks or any other damage. If it has any of these, stay away. I have restored many cars over the past 10-12 years and I am an autobody tech.. so if you have any questions feel free to pm me, I am always up for some classic car talk
This ^
SnowManDopeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:09 PM #15
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Na, buy a Porche that has some chipped paint and touch it up. Way easier to restore one of those.
'MURICA
Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM #16
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

*Porsh
Old 03-19-2014, 04:37 PM #17
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
*Porsh
Check my sig.
'MURICA
Old 03-19-2014, 06:48 PM #18
jrow17
Low n Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
Na, buy a Porche that has some chipped paint and touch it up. Way easier to restore one of those.
since when did touching up paint become restoration?
jrow17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 PM #19
Dom Mazzetti

since when did having technology in a car become cute
Dom Mazzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM #20
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

the problem with old cars is that even when they're restored, they still suck :/
Old 03-19-2014, 08:22 PM #21
Dom Mazzetti

even fully modded a bolt on evo will wax it around a track or a new 5.0 with bolt ons will wax it on the strip
when i read jrow17's long winded blowhard rant all i can think of is who let the ricer "low n slow" guy buy a classic car lolllllllllllllll
Dom Mazzetti is offline   Reply With Quote