Injectors or fuel pump?
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2011, 03:47 PM #275
golfer
IMAREALTUNERLOL

has been a member for 10 years
If it's after you put the turbo in, you could be getting close on injector duty cycle..?

Does it happen when the engine is hot and/or cold?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:54 AM #276
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Thanks for the help guys, to tired to read and post ill do that tomorrow but between now and then here are some pictures of what i got done tonight.

Had to make a lot of room for the holset, thanks to the hockey pucks.

Jurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 AM #277
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
hey, I have that bov on my car!
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:55 PM #278
RVD9431
Rob V

Annual Supporting Member
RVD9431 plays in the PSP
RVD9431 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RVD9431 plays in the APPA Pro division
that downpipe is gonna make your car slow as **** unless youre constantly taking the rpms well over 3k

but what youre doing is pretty cool, any other crazy plans besides a large turbo?

-------------
Planet Eclipse
GI Sportz

Last edited by RVD9431 : 05-07-2011 at 05:03 PM.
RVD9431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:25 PM #279
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk-79 View Post
Injectors or fuel pump?
Fuel pumps a walbro 255 filters new all the lines are replaced. Im leaning towards injectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
If it's after you put the turbo in, you could be getting close on injector duty cycle..?

Does it happen when the engine is hot and/or cold?
Its before and after, im starting to think so i got some larger injectors laying around ill toss in and see what happens.

I dont really beat on my car until its warmed up so as far as i know its only warm/hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD9431 View Post
that downpipe is gonna make your car slow as **** unless youre constantly taking the rpms well over 3k

but what youre doing is pretty cool, any other crazy plans besides a large turbo?
The turbo and camshaft arent really coming into play until about 3,500rpm the car feels n/a at low rpm so yah you're right its pretty slow not a lot of power down low. Once the turbo spools and the cam shafts in the right spot it pulls pretty hard.

I think ill try and get the emulator for my fuel computer so i can tune it. After i get a decent tune i want to try a better intake manifold. Im pretty sure ill be done for a while after that maybe build a motor and buy megasquirt or something.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 AM #280
RVD9431
Rob V

Annual Supporting Member
RVD9431 plays in the PSP
RVD9431 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RVD9431 plays in the APPA Pro division
any plans to paint it/do some body work? Shave off some spots, smooth the body out, that thing would look pretty good matte black

-------------
Planet Eclipse
GI Sportz
RVD9431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:36 PM #281
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Quote:
any plans to paint it/do some body work? Shave off some spots, smooth the body out, that thing would look pretty good matte black
Nah, its on old volvo, the granny gold is fitting. Painting it wont put nearly as big of a smile on my face as lots of boost and tons of traction will.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM #282
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Quote:
Yeah, bondo the **** out of it and throw some buckets of paint at it. That'll make it look waaaaaay better.

Hey Jurd do you ever do any races in Nor Cal? I know you were in Medford once and I live there, so I'd like to see the car in person some day.

I ain't got no mo' fun cars
ForgottenSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 PM #283
Hammi
wibbly wobbly

How does it feel with the new tarbo!?
really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
Hammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:18 PM #284
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenSoup View Post
Yeah, bondo the **** out of it and throw some buckets of paint at it. That'll make it look waaaaaay better.

Hey Jurd do you ever do any races in Nor Cal? I know you were in Medford once and I live there, so I'd like to see the car in person some day.
Rofl

Autocross everyonce in a while with this new turbo autocross would suck dick so much turbo lag.

Ill be passing through on the 20th i would be down to stop in medford for some food if you want to meet up. Ill be heading back monday or sunday night as well if friday is no good.

Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
How does it feel with the new tarbo!?
Meh, the car pulls less doesnt feel as fast i think it might actually be a bit quicker but it feels slower its hard to describe. Because of that lean stumble i havent been reving over 5k which im assuming is where this thing will start to come alive. I found the problem i just need a new AMM so after i get that fixed ill try turning up the boost and ill report back.

Right now im running 10-11psi it spools slow and the cars rich. I think an mbc might help it spool a tad faster and being able to rev it out to 6,500rpm might make it more fun.

My goal is to run 12-13 psi with good afrs and no pinging i think ill just leave it there for the sake of my 3rd gear.

The new intercooler has me impressed feeling the difference between the hotside pipe and coldside pipe has me wondering what my car will ping at now with the colder charge.

I believe ill stick with this turbo setup for quite some time, work on tuning the car better and getting a decent transmission/rearend then i can start pushing the limmits of the stock rods. If i find those limmits ill build a motor and do some head work/bigger valves etc work will be slow over the next year or so as im moving and most of my money will find its way into things with higher priority.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 PM #285
FrolessWonder
RISE OR DIE TRYING

FrolessWonder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I skimmed through but couldn't find it, what was the company of that wideband you got? You got the pieces and had to assemble it yourself correct?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:40 PM #286
Jurd
Dervishboy05

yah its from 14point7.com from what i understand its just some dude in canada that likes to dink around with programming and computer hardware. I got the Naw7s i dont think he sells it anymore.

Speaking of dudes who like to dink around with programming and computer hardware. There is a guy in sweden and a person here in the us who are making some amazing discovery with the jetronic lh2.4 fuel/ignition system in my car.

They have made it possible to play with the fuel tables in the ecu to change loads sent to the ezk they are working on playing with the timing tables in the igntion computer and just about a week ago the guy in sweden came up with a way to run wasted spark.

Its like my car comes with standalone i just have to plug it into a computer. Pretty stoked right about now.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 PM #287
ClawHammer
Kraft durch Freude

ClawHammer is a Supporting Member
Jered. I'm itching for a In-N'-Out run. Considering doing one, maybe this weekend.
ClawHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:55 PM #288
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
Jered. I'm itching for a In-N'-Out run. Considering doing one, maybe this weekend.
you're still in madford too right?

Im going out of town this weekend down to a volvo show in Davis CA. You should come! You will need to find a room at motel 6 or something but all the guys are nice and would welcome you for sure. If you're strapped on cash im sure someone could give you floor space.

There are guys coming down from portland we are meeting up at in-n-out around 2-2:30 i believe.

Last edited by Jurd : 05-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:59 PM #289
NinJaaaaaaaaaah
It's joe dirte brah

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/2368461131.html

think it's worth going to look at?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM #290
ClawHammer
Kraft durch Freude

ClawHammer is a Supporting Member
Lawl, inviting boxy European cars of all makes.

I don't have it in me for an overnight gig. I'm just itching for a day road trip.
ClawHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:06 PM #291
Jurd
Dervishboy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinJaaaaaaaaaah View Post
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/2368461131.html

think it's worth going to look at?
Are you familiar with fabrication and wiring etc? I would be concerned with how legit their swap is. 2000 is a TAD bit steep. These cars are cheap the swap obviously adds a bit of value. But i can pretty much bet that no one else in your area will be even the sligtest bit interested in that car. Also because its been sitting for 5 years the person does not really care to much about the car he just wants to get rid of it. He will take less than 2k even if he tells you he wont. If you look at it and decide you really want it offer him a grand he might turn you down tell him 1200 if he tells you know again then i would walk away and tell him to call you if he changes his mind.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:13 PM #292
NinJaaaaaaaaaah
It's joe dirte brah

I'm mainly concerned about the swap. Have you seen any chevy engine swaps done? I really don't want to drive a couple hours to find out that it's some half-assed engine swap that some guy had his friends uncles cousins brother do. Like is there a kit or anything for swapping in a SBC? I know there is one for SBFs, but i haven't seen anything for chevies.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM #293
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
Where in Medford are you located?

I ain't got no mo' fun cars
ForgottenSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:16 PM #294
FrolessWonder
RISE OR DIE TRYING

FrolessWonder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurd
yah its from 14point7.com from what i understand its just some dude in canada that likes to dink around with programming and computer hardware. I got the Naw7s i dont think he sells it anymore.

Speaking of dudes who like to dink around with programming and computer hardware. There is a guy in sweden and a person here in the us who are making some amazing discovery with the jetronic lh2.4 fuel/ignition system in my car.

They have made it possible to play with the fuel tables in the ecu to change loads sent to the ezk they are working on playing with the timing tables in the igntion computer and just about a week ago the guy in sweden came up with a way to run wasted spark.

Its like my car comes with standalone i just have to plug it into a computer. Pretty stoked right about now.
Rattlesnakes, the SLC is a lot more than I want. Oh well