Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2011, 06:09 AM #1
mooseknuckleq8

Setting up new series with 3 divisions. Clueless on format. Please help.

need help on running a series/league with three divisions. 3rd division being beginners(rental equipment). was looking to do race to 3 for div1, race to 2 for div2, and race to 1 for div3. need advice as i am new to this.
mooseknuckleq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2011, 11:38 AM #2
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't know what you need?

If you are just getting started I would look at existing rules and adjust them as necessary to fit my needs. Biggest thing is value, make sure players are getting the most value you can reasonably provide.

For instance if I'm playing div 3 where is the value?? How many games will I be playing?? How exciting is 1 point??

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:42 PM #3
wallify

I would have them all be the same format, but with a better risk/reward for playing a higher division. The last event I played was 50 per person, and we played something like 20 games. Finals were determined by the most points over all. imho 20 games even though we lost was worth the extra $ spent over just playing open that day.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:32 PM #4
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Additionally, and most importantly, who are you trying to sell this to??
Are you trying to get current tournament players or trying to get very new players??(ie the rental folks)

If you are trying to spur some competitive play for new players I would look at a way to slow the game down a little bit. Maybe some paint or marker restrictions, go for 100 pt games (based on 5-man, 40-hang, 30-1st pull, 4-kill, 2-live) then moving on to the finals is based on total points earned.

There are a number of things to consider, but you first have to know who your customer is before you can decide the best choices to make.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:47 PM #5
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Format isn't nearly as important as figuring out where your players are going to come from. Have you had a bunch of players express to your the desire to play competitive paintball and a frustration of not having a good place to play it? If not, you may not have the players necessary to have a league work in your area.

Most likely, you want to run one division for brand-new players, and then add divisions as time passes. It's unlikely you're going to be able to start a new league and have a bunch of experienced players show up - if there already are a bunch of experienced players in your area, that almost certainly also means there is another league already operating in your area.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote