PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM #148
Jb 32

Jb 32 is playing at Living Legends III
Jb 32 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I currently have 2 ball pythons and enjoy them both. Real easy snakes to keep the only problem that I have encountered with them is that they can be picky when it comes to eating. Other than that they are great snakes. Corns I don't have much personal experience with so can't really give you any info on those.
Jb 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:47 PM #149
ScalesTailsandClaws

I have a 9 foot female colombian red tail,
Another 3 foot normal female BCI
0.1 coral albino BCI
1.1 normal ball pythons
0.1 Tiger reticulated python

They're all so cute...
ScalesTailsandClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:51 PM #150
paintballer1284

paintballer1284 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have a normal ball python who I dont know how old is but she is ~650 grams. I also have two milksnakes living in the same enclosure. One is a sinoloan and the other that I just got recently is a tri-color tangerine albino honduran. I know, its a mouthful. Id also like to say that it is better to feed f/t. My ball python only eats live and I thought it was cool and exciting to watch the first few times. But when I relized I had to go to the pet shop EVERY week 7 miles away from me, it has become a huge hassel. I have tried to get it back on f/t but it is just too stubborn. And also, If your snake does not eat the live prey, Which has happened to me on some occaisians, I have to let it go in the woods because i dont have anywhere to keep it. BYE-BYE $5.00
paintballer1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:02 PM #151
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer1284 View Post
I have a normal ball python who I dont know how old is but she is ~650 grams. I also have two milksnakes living in the same enclosure. One is a sinoloan and the other that I just got recently is a tri-color tangerine albino honduran. I know, its a mouthful. Id also like to say that it is better to feed f/t. My ball python only eats live and I thought it was cool and exciting to watch the first few times. But when I relized I had to go to the pet shop EVERY week 7 miles away from me, it has become a huge hassel. I have tried to get it back on f/t but it is just too stubborn. And also, If your snake does not eat the live prey, Which has happened to me on some occaisians, I have to let it go in the woods because i dont have anywhere to keep it. BYE-BYE $5.00
are you for real? you aren't supposed to house snakes together. and you could always, ALWAYS find someone online that would take your snake, even some willing to send you all the packaging supplies, step by step directions and money to ship it to them. don't just let it go in the woods because you didn't research your animal properly and can't take good care of it.
cook. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:39 PM #152
Jb 32

Jb 32 is playing at Living Legends III
Jb 32 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cook. View Post
are you for real? you aren't supposed to house snakes together. and you could always, ALWAYS find someone online that would take your snake, even some willing to send you all the packaging supplies, step by step directions and money to ship it to them. don't just let it go in the woods because you didn't research your animal properly and can't take good care of it.
I think he's talking about letting the mouse go in the woods, not the snake.
Jb 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM #153
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

oh man i feel like an idiot, my bad.

anyway, i got my first snake today. its an Anery Corn Snake. not sure if its male or female, totally forgot to ask, but ill go get it checked in a week or two from the place i got it from.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:43 PM #154
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Love the colors of the anery morph. Nice pick up.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:22 PM #155
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

thanks. i wanna say he/she just started to be in blue or whatever the term is, when i first saw it at the LRS the white was the brightest ive seen on an anery
Old 11-25-2011, 08:01 PM #156
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I can tell from the eye in the second pic that he/she is indeed about to enter a shed. Corns seem to shed well in any humidity within reason, but a little spray down once every night won't hurt until the shed is finished.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:36 PM #157
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

alright thanks, good to know. ill spray down a little bit but not too much since there's a water dish in there so i dont want to have too much humidity. he/she is a cute little fella though. how long does it usually take for them to get over relocation stress?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:20 PM #158
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_KIA4 View Post
I can tell from the eye in the second pic that he/she is indeed about to enter a shed. Corns seem to shed well in any humidity within reason, but a little spray down once every night won't hurt until the shed is finished.
speaking of shedding looked to my right just now and my corn is just finishing lol
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:31 AM #159
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

this corn is hella chill. hasnt shown any signs of skittishness or aggression. just likes to find a comfy place and chill
Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 PM #160
skyline_898
i love to smoke meth

skyline_898 helped look for balloons
skyline_898 is playing at Living Legends V
skyline_898 is for the Gunfight

My corn, got em November 09. Little bigger now, haha.

cook: Looks like your taking good care of your corn, what are you keeping him in?

‎"If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room"
skyline_898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 AM #161
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

thanks. i saw a corn just like yours at the local petsmart, unfortunetly it looked like it cannablized the other snake in the tank with it. but right now its just in a tub, i think 16qt? 2 hides, water dish and substrate. i read they like tubs more because its not as see through so they feel more comfortable, but when he gets bigger hes getting a custom tank built like my bearded dragon has back in socal.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 AM #162
ScalesTailsandClaws

That anery corn looks like my hatchling black rat
I have 0.3 BCI (a 3 foot normal, 3 foot coral albino, 9 foot 30 lb normal.)
1.1 normal ball pythons
0.1 tiger retic
1.0 scarlet kingsnake
0.01 black rat
0.01 rough green snake

R.I.P 0.01 Midland water snake. I found "her" dead this morning. Sometimes hatchlings just don't make it...
Old 12-04-2011, 02:59 PM #163
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

ouch, sorry about the hatchling. but yeah this little guy is great, hes about to shed any day now so hes been acting all weird as ive read corns do, but im excited to see him grow. i do wanna get a nice pastel ball still, and a butter corn snake if i can ever get over the red eyes.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:33 PM #164
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

so it went from being all gravy to that anery corn dieing . last night it was acting real sluggish, but i read when corns go into shed they can start acting a little weird so i didn't think to much of it, then today when i came home from skiing i checked up on it and it was dead.

so i took it to the shop i got it from and they said they only do a warranty on animals for 72hours, but offered me half of what i paid for it towards store credit/a new animal. i did some looking around, i really wanted to grab this little tiny 1-2 week old bearded dragon that was housed with a baby water dragon but i cant afford another beardy right now, so i thought about it hard while i waited in line, almost just got store credit but then at the last minute decided to just get a normal corn snake since they are only 19.99, and i figure its better that i give it a chance at a much much better life then someone whos buying the cheapest snake they can just because or whatever the situation might be.

so without dragging it on too much longer, heres the new corn, which i just realized i forgot to get sexed, ****.

real bad pic. ill try to get some better ones when my roommate gets back
Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 AM #165
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

any ideas on what caused it? it really sucks to lose one.

in other news my corn is now close to 40inches shed length so probably somewhere around 36inches long now i would assume body wise. its missing some of its tail from a garage door incident when it was very small though (most of its tail honestly)
Old 12-05-2011, 09:11 AM #166
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

i really have no idea. since i got it it was real mellow and was pretty slow at moving around for the most part(compared to other corns), complete opposite of this one. i could even touch the anery's head sometimes without it doing anything. the guy at the store kept saying my temps were to low, which i was keeping it at around the lower 80's, but i read they could be at room temp no problem, even for digestion. i really don't get it though, it drank water fine, didn't seem stressed, but then again it did come from a massive breeder probably so who knows what could've been wrong with it. this normal(which i actually think is an oketee) though seems to be much more alert and active.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 AM #167
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

they come from the south eastern united states (jersey to florida) so they can handle some pretty cool temps with the right amount of shelter, though during the winter i wouldn't let them get too much colder than low 70's just for the stress and what not.

lots of those warehouse breeders breed the animals too young and you end up with sickly neonates imo.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 AM #168
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

yeah thats what i figured. they had a couple of your common corns, albino, amel, snow, they also have a lavender and a blood red, plus another normal/oketee and probably 1-3 more all stuffed in a 10 gallon with 2 hides and a giant water dish. i know i shouldn't have supported them in the first place but honestly, whether or not i gave them business wouldn't phase them 1 bit, and i like the idea that i may not be able to rescue/help every animal in poor conditions, but any chance i get to make one of their lives a million times better i will.

here's another pic, this one is a lot more active. im hoping its a male so i can name him Larry lol.

and it is indeed just a normal and not an oketee which im a bit more happy about, i wasnt sure how much i liked the fat bold black borders on an oketee