Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 AM #85
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by u r a bucs fan View Post
I think I'm going to get another snake within the next month or two. I've previously owned a corn snake and ball python; great snakes. I'd like to get another type of constrictor, just don't know much about them other than Balls.

I've been real intrigued with Red-Tails and think they're absolutely beautiful. Is there a significant difference between caring for a red tail and ball? Especially temper and handling wise. I'm not terrified of getting bit, I know it's bound to happen, but I don't want a douchey snake. Would like to know if after acclamation if red tails are relatively chill and wouldn't mind hanging outside the cage every now and then.

Any other species worth looking at? I'd love a Burmese but unfortunately 8ft is about the max I can do right now.
Red-Tails are not difficult to keep at all, however they do need more space than balls do. I have met a few who are "hissy" but most calm down very quickly and have no real problems. If you wanted a burm, and had some money to spend, you could always go for a dwarf, they max around 7-8 from what I've seen.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
T1tanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM #86
Monty619

Boas

I have many boa morphs if anyone wants to know more about them.
Review Feedback

Anodizing services available, please inquire for pricing.
Monty619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 PM #87
T1tanrush
Team Green

In other news, picking up 2 ball pythons, 3 corn snakes, and a rosy boa on friday all for only $140, with full setups, pretty stoked.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 AM #88
1_viper

1_viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
so the guy at the pet shop where i got my Boa from got a little snappy with me last night when i went in there. i had my snake with me. in short he told me that i was handleing my snake too much. told me to put her in her tank and leave her.

i was always told to handle them as much as possible to get them use to you. as long as you are not stressing them. now i like tocome home, get her out and sit in front of the TV and hold her like this for a little while. then do it again before i go to bed. every time i try to put her back in her tank, she wrap around my hand or trys to come up my arm when i put her back in the tank. now if i am wrong.... someone let me know.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 AM #89
ViperScenarios
Coast-to-coast Scenarios

ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends III
ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends V
ViperScenarios owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ViperScenarios supports Bob Gurnsey
Gotta love those pet shop "experts"

Not to say that all pet shop employees are morons, but many are just like the ones at Home Depot or Lowes...just because they are working in the plumbing dept people will ask them questions a plumber should answer...and they'll throw any guess at you as if they were experts when the truth is that all they know they learned talking to others in the plumbing department.

Now there ARE shops with experts. "Pets A Plenty" north of Houston for example. Eric Haug owns it, and he is so knowledgeable and helpful that many of the veterinarians in Houston will send people there with reptile issues because there are a lot of vets who really don't know much about treating reptiles...but Eric does.

You just have to be careful and use your head. The Interwebz are a great source as well as long as you are listening to reputable people, use some common sense, and research the answers you get.
ViperScenarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:12 AM #90
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Recently captured this guy, A Florida banded water snake. In the process of setting up a decent home for him.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:12 PM #91
Woodsballerpcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
Recently captured this guy, A Florida banded water snake. In the process of setting up a decent home for him.

Dont like messing with any kind of water snakes personally. They all look like cottonmouths lol. Nice looking snake though
Old 04-07-2011, 11:09 PM #92
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

After 2 months of my ball refusing to eat frozen, I gave in and few him live. I watched the entire time to ensure he wouldn't get injured. He took it easily. Guess that's the route I'm going to have to go for now on.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:11 PM #93
T1tanrush
Team Green

As long as he wasn't losing weight, he's fine, they can be tough to switch over, but its doable. =)

Also, any of you know where I can pick up normal balls/corns etc or other various snakes super super cheap in bulk? I've been hitting craigslist with a few extra snakes lately and I've been making a killing.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 PM #94
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I'm not against feeding live if it's the only thing he will accept. It'll be a pain in the *** to drive 20-25 minutes to get his meal, but oh well. I would prefer to feed frozen. I'll try again after a few months and hope for the best.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 AM #95
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_KIA4 View Post
I'm not against feeding live if it's the only thing he will accept. It'll be a pain in the *** to drive 20-25 minutes to get his meal, but oh well. I would prefer to feed frozen. I'll try again after a few months and hope for the best.
Understandable, I can hardly handle snakes who won't eat f/t, considering the several hundred mice in the freezer right now
Old 04-08-2011, 01:03 AM #96
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

My corn eats frozen just fine. I buy a few months worth for him that sits in the freezer. Wouldn't dare try to feed him live, he's just too tiny.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:46 AM #97
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post
Dont like messing with any kind of water snakes personally. They all look like cottonmouths lol. Nice looking snake though
Pretty easy to tell them apart. Moccasins are fatter and thier heads are shorter and diamond shaped. You also can't see thier eyes from the top and thier patterns are also quite different.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 PM #98
T1tanrush
Team Green

Picked up a 6ft+ snow bull today for $40, awesome snake, pics inc soon.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 AM #99
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Still waiting on these pics titan.

I wish it was as easy to spoil the snakes as it is my bird and fish. Always want to buy them something but have no clue what to buy.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:49 PM #100
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

It is a snake. It does not have the capacity to enjoy anything. The same would apply to the fish.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM #101
Macky984
CEO - Macky's Paintball

Macky984 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Macky984 is for the Gunfight
Macky984 supports Pev's Paintball
Macky984 plays in the APPA D5 division

Macky984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 PM #102
Woodsballerpcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
Pretty easy to tell them apart. Moccasins are fatter and thier heads are shorter and diamond shaped. You also can't see thier eyes from the top and thier patterns are also quite different.
Yeah. Lived on a property with quite a few ponds and creeks, we had PLENTY of water moccasins, looking at them from a distance, I dont want anything to do with water snakes either.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 PM #103
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_KIA4 View Post
Still waiting on these pics titan.

I wish it was as easy to spoil the snakes as it is my bird and fish. Always want to buy them something but have no clue what to buy.
Haha, haven't been home yet to take better pictures of him yet, considering I'm hiding him in a box under my bed from my mother.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 PM #104
playxball

playxball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
playxball is for the Gunfight
I hear that BHB Reptiles might be at CRU Paintball June 4th for the first USPA event.

Planet Eclipse/Valken/DXS/KEE/DYE/MacDev/MAPL/OXCC/PPSC/R an M/Legacy Paintball/CRU

playxball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:28 AM #105
T1tanrush
Team Green

Better picture of him, he's a little bit hissy still but already started eating. As much as I tried to move out of snakes into only lizards, this guy is gorgeous and I'm looking to breed him this summer