Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 05:41 PM #505
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL


never found one this high colored but these are amazing looking.


It looks like it is going to be a hassle to find a true BCC as apposed to a BCI.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 05:44 PM #506
pastel (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post


never found one this high colored but these are amazing looking.


It looks like it is going to be a hassle to find a true BCC as apposed to a BCI.
wow that looks incredible. where is that from?
pastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:53 PM #507
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
says it's a Boa Constrictor longicauda out of peru with a high yellow variant of the sub species.



aka long tail boa
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM #508
pastel (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2012
weird, never seen a red tail like that.

ive been cruising around craiglist for some red tails but the only boas they really have locally are sand boas. theres probably no other reptile that i dislike more than sand boas lol.
pastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:06 PM #509
pastel (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2012
nice peruvian for sale.



someone had a hog island too.

man i really want another one lol. hopefully i find an albino somewhere.
pastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:13 PM #510
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastel View Post
weird, never seen a red tail like that.

ive been cruising around craiglist for some red tails but the only boas they really have locally are sand boas. theres probably no other reptile that i dislike more than sand boas lol.
yeah they arn't my favorite.


these guys out of germany have a few different variations of the BCL's http://www.boa-constrictors.com/en/B...tor_longicauda

some really nice different ones.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:21 PM #511
pastel (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2012
one of the high yellows on that site looks pretty damn nice. i never liked patternless snakes though. blue eyed lucy balls are an exception.
pastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 PM #512
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
only thing on craigslist i see is a normal ball, that someone has "rescued froma bad keeper" and is now trying to sell, its a 4ft snake supposidly and they are feeding it rat hoppers. feel bad for the little guy.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:22 PM #513
pbmink (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastel
weird, never seen a red tail like that.

ive been cruising around craiglist for some red tails but the only boas they really have locally are sand boas. theres probably no other reptile that i dislike more than sand boas lol.
It's not a red tail....


Lacy act isn't in effect for them yet. Buy quality.
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:35 PM #514
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink View Post
It's not a red tail....
eh, the pet trade has ruined namings... you can buy BCC and BCI as "red tails" when only BCC are truely red tails.

Outside of size, they all seem to be a lot alike.



My biggest irk is people calling red rat snakes "corn snakes" such a dumb name.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:41 PM #515
pbmink (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
So ya this happened today and I broke a 300 gallon starphire glass tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink

I'm at work and have one of my monitors(2' long with a 4' whip tail) in my hand and a large rock in the other hanging off my fingers (ape index +6.5). Monitor starts freaking the **** out and trying to eat a newt so I turn to try and stop it and my arm holding the rock goes directly into a glass tank cracking it.

Now this tank houses newts that are about 500 a piece and 10 of them. They're also toxic to hold bare handed.
Monitor freaks out even more with water rushing everywhere and starts whipping its tail.

Monitor goes into a trash can start picking up the newts and into other tanks.

But now I need to buy a new tank so I went to the fish store to order one. 1700 for that. (****)

And since I figured "might as well" I bought a 8 gallon nano saltwater setup and a 3 gallon shrimp tank and put a sting ray on hold. So also got to build a tidal pool soon:/

Ya, accident costs me my November paycheck
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:33 PM #516
pbmink (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
So ya this happened today and I broke a 300 gallon starphire glass tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink

I'm at work and have one of my monitors(2' long with a 4' whip tail) in my hand and a large rock in the other hanging off my fingers (ape index +6.5). Monitor starts freaking the **** out and trying to eat a newt so I turn to try and stop it and my arm holding the rock goes directly into a glass tank cracking it.

Now this tank houses newts that are about 500 a piece and 10 of them. They're also toxic to hold bare handed.
Monitor freaks out even more with water rushing everywhere and starts whipping its tail.

Monitor goes into a trash can start picking up the newts and into other tanks.

But now I need to buy a new tank so I went to the fish store to order one. 1700 for that. (****)

And since I figured "might as well" I bought a 8 gallon nano saltwater setup and a 3 gallon shrimp tank and put a sting ray on hold. So also got to build a tidal pool soon:/

Ya, accident costs me my November paycheck
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 AM #517
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
damn that sucks, did you lose any newts from that?
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM #518
pbmink (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
No, but they're all 10-16"

Just shifty to have happen.
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM #519
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
I meant none died lol, my greater water siren was a ****ing ***** to get put into anything. I found it when it was 6inches long and didn't realize how big they got either... Also didn't know they were protected either but it was going to die in the road if I didn't catch it so I don't consider it a big deal. (when i came back the next day and the water dried up there were 3-4 dead ones on the road :/)
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 AM #520
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Someone supposedly caught a juvenile Nile crocodile in south florida.... They think it got away from a local crocodilian farm. Of course the press is making it out like the everglades will be full of them.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 AM #521
pbmink (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
And that's why I will always be against "farmed" animals.

Then again I'm a ****ing hippocrat, I own more then one colony that started its life on a farm.

Last edited by pbmink : 11-26-2012 at 02:25 AM.
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 AM #522
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Yep, we wouldn't have any of these stupid reptile laws if it wasn't for irresponsible large scale breeding operations.


They've done genetic testing on the pythons from the glades, they are all so genetically similar that they said it's impossible for them to have come from more than one source.




They put out a shoot on site order if anyone finds another, but the chances on anyone in south florida being able to distinguish between a nile crocodile and an american crocodile is slim to none.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 AM #523
pbmink (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh
Yep, we wouldn't have any of these stupid reptile laws if it wasn't for irresponsible large scale breeding operations.

They've done genetic testing on the pythons from the glades, they are all so genetically similar that they said it's impossible for them to have come from more than one source.

They put out a shoot on site order if anyone finds another, but the chances on anyone in south florida being able to distinguish between a nile crocodile and an american crocodile is slim to none.
Hurricane andrew...
Farm/import facility.

No one knows the difference there IMHO
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:43 AM #524
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Get this, this is the second nile crocodile to have gotten out of this farm in the last 8 years.


Yeah that is what I was getting at, that they all came from the same Farm facility. So there was no need to ban them or put them on the lacy act, as pet owners were not the problem.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 AM #525
pbmink (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh
Get this, this is the second nile crocodile to have gotten out of this farm in the last 8 years.

Yeah that is what I was getting at, that they all came from the same Farm facility. So there was no need to ban them or put them on the lacy act, as pet owners were not the problem.
http://usark.org/featured/new-python-cold-study/

I'm fully aware
A lot of good people are ****ED at the moment.

Few are of high enough name to make it on the purely international market.
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump