enriquerosado3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2011, 11:31 PM #2
Doo-Na$ty
F. U. Pay Me!

Doo-Na$ty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Doo-Na$ty plays in the APPA D4 division
no-i think everyone is old enough to play this game on ur own! And if ur not? DON'T PLAY!!
~Top model for JNA Media
Doo-Na$ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 PM #3
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I like it as it allows the fans to participate in the action as well
Old 01-25-2011, 11:51 PM #4
enriquerosado3 (Banned)

enriquerosado3 is BST Trusted
enriquerosado3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo-Na$ty View Post
no-i think everyone is old enough to play this game on ur own! And if ur not? DON'T PLAY!!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 PM #5
enriquerosado3 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0cwh0 View Post
I like it as it allows the fans to participate in the action as well
Old 01-26-2011, 07:35 AM #6
Olliefaheed

Olliefaheed owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Olliefaheed supports Team VICIOUS
Olliefaheed posts videos on PbNation
I believe that sideline coaching is a terrible thing.
Ive seen a guy go for a bunker, in rec , and then a man scream hes coming & the guy pop out and drill the kid.
only because of thayt coach.
Etek 1 StarCAmo (Soon)
Cheetah Dye Rotor
Stiffi

Dye i4's
Olliefaheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:56 AM #7
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4

has been a member for 10 years
fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo-Na$ty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliefaheed View Post
I believe that sideline coaching is a terrible thing.
Ive seen a guy go for a bunker, in rec , and then a man scream hes coming & the guy pop out and drill the kid.
only because of thayt coach.
For a while I was beginning to think I was one of the only ones who felt that way. How do people not see this?
fatboy6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 AM #8
millsan1
fleh

millsan1 plays in the APPA D4 division
No for Race 2 Yes for Xball
Old 01-26-2011, 02:05 PM #9
madskates

madskates donated to help Peyton Trent
madskates supports Team VICIOUS
madskates posts videos on PbNation
madskates has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
No for Race 2 Yes for Xball
this
Old 01-26-2011, 05:30 PM #10
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
no
stalefishsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:15 PM #11
Old Man JAR

Old Man JAR plays in the PSP
Old Man JAR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Old Man JAR supports Team VICIOUS
Uses ur skills no to coaching
Old Man JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM #12
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Coaching is made out to be the worst thing in paintball, when in reality it actually brings so much to the game. Fans get to become involved and games become fast paced and not drawn out and boring. Coaching is in almost every mainstream sport. So why not have it in paintball if mainstream is truely where the players want this sport to grow to. Just because someone is coaching doesn't mean you can't make that huge run to the 50 or bunker the guy in the snake. You just have to pick the right times and plan out every move that much more in your head.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 PM #13
enriquerosado3 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
Coaching is made out to be the worst thing in paintball, when in reality it actually brings so much to the game. Fans get to become involved and games become fast paced and not drawn out and boring. Coaching is in almost every mainstream sport. So why not have it in paintball if mainstream is truely where the players want this sport to grow to. Just because someone is coaching doesn't mean you can't make that huge run to the 50 or bunker the guy in the snake. You just have to pick the right times and plan out every move that much more in your head.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:04 PM #14
bigntastyeclipse08
Kingkongpb.com

no to 3 man. Yes to 5 man
bigntastyeclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:11 PM #15
enriquerosado3 (Banned)

thank u guys for all the comments....just dont forget to vote here is the link

http://brooklynkos.blog.com/2011/01/...ing-yes-or-no/
Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 PM #16
fatboy6969

Quote:
There's a couple things here that I disagree with. If a game is drawn out and boring that just means the players need to develop a better mental game. Nothing going on means someone needs to learn how to read a situation and act accordingly. I feel that a coach will help in that situation but not in the long run as far as growing is concerned. Coaching is in almost every mainstream sport. That being said, paintball is completely different than any other sport and just because it works in other sports doesn't mean that logic applies here. Even when you pick the right time to move to a 50 bunker or shoot someone out, the correct timing may not get you shot but a coach will make sure that everyone knows what you just did which takes away most of the advantage that was gained in doing the move in the first place.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 PM #17
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
These seem to be the hot topics for every season. I too struggle with these topics myself. We always strive to give the players what they want. I know that we can’t make everyone happy and give it both ways, but it is responses like this that helps us make the decisions we make.

My personal opinion, I have seen it both ways and understand BOTH sides of the coin. I have seen the sport grow from tournaments in the woods to what it is now. Change is inevitable, but that does not mean that change is always good. Yes, coaching does get the crown involved, but at the same time, it is a distraction to the staff on the field sometimes. So you need to weigh the good and the bad. As well, I remember the day when key moves are made on the field like moving to another bunker when it is a 1on1 and the opposing team does not know. That makes for a great play that the crowd enjoys - secret moves, or "trick plays" sorta say. Coaching on the sideline does not allow those key and secret moves to happen. But again, it is a crowd plus.

As for the ramping, me, my personal opinion is I like the uncapped semi. But, the players wanted the ramp and so that is what we gave to them. The only reason I like the uncapped semi is because I am from the old school where it was about all skill and not technology. I have seen in it another thread that a player stated he uses ramping because he is lazy. The comparison to the quarterback is not entirely the same comparison. It is like a quarterback who can play vs a quarterback with a mechanical arm. Again, MY OPINION DOES NOT MATTER HERE…. It is the opinion of the players that makes the difference. I have been a strong supporter of practice will make you better with skills. But it is all our qualities that makes us who we are.

What I ask of you guys is as you are stating your opinions, maybe suggest solutions too. I like the feedback. PLEASE keep it coming.

Divisions and Entries will be up this weekend. Stay tuned as updates will be made WEEKLY!!!

Look forward to a great season this year!!!
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM #18
bmoreballa119

bmoreballa119 plays in the PSP
bmoreballa119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bmoreballa119 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
agreed

[center]
PAP FAMILY
bmoreballa119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:34 PM #19
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy6969 View Post
There's a couple things here that I disagree with. If a game is drawn out and boring that just means the players need to develop a better mental game. Nothing going on means someone needs to learn how to read a situation and act accordingly. I feel that a coach will help in that situation but not in the long run as far as growing is concerned. Coaching is in almost every mainstream sport. That being said, paintball is completely different than any other sport and just because it works in other sports doesn't mean that logic applies here. Even when you pick the right time to move to a 50 bunker or shoot someone out, the correct timing may not get you shot but a coach will make sure that everyone knows what you just did which takes away most of the advantage that was gained in doing the move in the first place.
Not necessarily true.. I have seen 7man matches of the TOP teams in the sport face each other and take almost the full 7mins. So its not just un-experienced players that draw out the games.

Also in coaching you can't throw a un-experienced team on the field and give them a coach and think that 9 out of 10 times they will win vs a good solid experienced team without a coach. I can guarantee it wont happen.. which brings me to the point that with or without a coach a team still needs to have a certain skill set to become a winning team. Coaching might take away from the "unknown" factor but it still takes teamwork to get the job done. Whether that be relaying the coaches message across field or working with your teammate to lock down another opponent so you can push yours up the field.

Coaching makes getting body's off the break SO much more important. Also position off the break becomes 10x more critical. Yes I know paintball is a different sport then the rest and you can make a point that it doesn't need coaching just because every other sport does. If people truly want this sport to have the success that some of the others have then its gonna need to get spectators involved to make it more pleasing to the people supporting it. Advertisement friendly so big corporations that spend millions in other sports a year see opportunity to dump money into this sport to gain sales through endorsement deals or advertising, and of course Media/TV friendly. The sport cannot survive on the next level solely on the players who play the game. Sure as long as players pay and fields can gain profit or at least manage to cover overhead there might always be paintball, but that's all it will ever evolve to in the long run.

Although coaching isn't the answer to all of the things needed, it certainly makes for a start when it pertains to crowd involvement and spectator friendly.

Last edited by DelawarePBguy : 01-28-2011 at 04:38 PM.
DelawarePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM #20
fatboy6969

You do have a convincing argument and it makes a lot of sense, but I think the "unknown" factor is what makes playing paintball so appealing for most players. I know that's what does it for me. As a snake player there's nothing I love more than sneaking onto their side of the field, popping up and trying to decide whose back to shoot first. Same with D side or really any bunker that's far up the field or on the other side. I can't do that with a coach telling the other team exactly where I am and what I'm doing.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 AM #21
Arimomo

Quote:
Not necessarily true.. I have seen 7man matches of the TOP teams in the sport face each other and take almost the full 7mins. So its not just un-experienced players that draw out the games.

Also in coaching you can't throw a un-experienced team on the field and give them a coach and think that 9 out of 10 times they will win vs a good solid experienced team without a coach. I can guarantee it wont happen.. which brings me to the point that with or without a coach a team still needs to have a certain skill set to become a winning team. Coaching might take away from the "unknown" factor but it still takes teamwork to get the job done. Whether that be relaying the coaches message across field or working with your teammate to lock down another opponent so you can push yours up the field.

Coaching makes getting body's off the break SO much more important. Also position off the break becomes 10x more critical. Yes I know paintball is a different sport then the rest and you can make a point that it doesn't need coaching just because every other sport does. If people truly want this sport to have the success that some of the others have then its gonna need to get spectators involved to make it more pleasing to the people supporting it. Advertisement friendly so big corporations that spend millions in other sports a year see opportunity to dump money into this sport to gain sales through endorsement deals or advertising, and of course Media/TV friendly. The sport cannot survive on the next level solely on the players who play the game. Sure as long as players pay and fields can gain profit or at least manage to cover overhead there might always be paintball, but that's all it will ever evolve to in the long run.

Although coaching isn't the answer to all of the things needed, it certainly makes for a start when it pertains to crowd involvement and spectator friendly.
I don't know why you guys are comparing paintball to any other sport. I would compare paintball to first person shooter games. They are both pretty much shoot em up games! Some of you may know how big counter-strike was and it was prolly bigger than paintball was, but they didn't allow ghosting and would be consider it cheating. There both about finding people on your own and working as a team to win, not having someone tell you where they are. Yea cs is dead now, but same thing goes for recent FPS team-based games.. I would love to know where exactly the other players are at.

Last edited by Arimomo : 01-29-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Arimomo is offline   Reply With Quote