Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 PM #1
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!
 
Witness20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NE OHIO
Witness20 helped look for balloons
Witness20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mondays Airport Bombing---MW2

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286915...es%3Btitle%3B1



They are trying to say that because of MW2 this guy blew himself up....
I hate when people who know nothing about games try to blame things on games. First off in COD you don't blow yourself up like a scrub. You gun everyone down if this fool would have ran into the airport guns blazing OK maybe I see your point but he blew himself up lol god people are dumb and this stupid reporter lady who doesn't know anything about the game but whats written on the que card pisses me off.
Every time a black guy does a drive buy blame it on GTA: SA or maybe when that kid is racing his car down the road and he hits a tree welp musta played Need For Speed. Oh look kid falls into a lava pit digging a hole he musta played minecraft
Witness20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM #2
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
lol at the media.

Whats even more funny is they fail to mention that you can:

A) Choose not to play that level all together and
B) Walk through the whole level without shoot is single civilian.

It truly is the mentality of the player to chose what actions they take. It doesn't surprise me at all that someone ****ed up in the head would chose to shoot down the civilians in the game.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE


Last edited by MutR. : 01-25-2011 at 09:27 PM.
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:32 PM #3
lnopia
2010 is the new 2007
 
lnopia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness20 View Post
Oh look kid falls into a lava pit digging a hole he musta played minecraft
lmao
__________________
xbl- MUSKA THE GREAT

You will receive your crabs in a vial, in a plain handwriten address envelope.
Anyone who happens to find your package will see nothing suggesting you bought crabs on the internet.
lnopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 PM #4
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
lol at the media.

Whats even more funny is they fail to mention that you can:

A) Choose not to play that level all together and
B) Walk through the whole level without shoot is single civilian.

It truly is the mentality of the player to chose what actions they take. It doesn't surprise me at all that someone ****ed up in the head would chose to shoot down the civilians in the game.
You're warned about it TWICE! Once at the beginning of SP and once before the mission. There's a disclaimer. They knew this would come.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:59 PM #5
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
I would back legislation to make Russian airports illegal.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM #6
Herredomme
Spontaneous hate machine
 
Herredomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 715
Herredomme helped look for balloons
"Remember, no Russian."
__________________
ST-Where did the love go?
Herredomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:31 PM #7
cameron122000
*714*
 
cameron122000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim
cameron122000 helped look for balloons
cameron122000 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herredomme View Post
"Remember, no Russian."
I was at work today and I read about the bombing on NYTimes. Co-worker sees the heading and said that. I was laughing so hard while trying to help people. lol
__________________

ST:Tech - waitwut.
cameron122000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:38 PM #8
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wow... In the game you totally shoot them. Never once do you blow yourself but to kill people.

The only relation is the city that it took place in. If it woulda happened in Kansas no body would have ever thought that the game played a part in it.
paintballking72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 AM #9
liarscenic
Rebel Without Applause
 
liarscenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
I would back legislation to make Russian airports illegal.
Seconded. No Russian airports, no Russian bombings.
__________________
i'm staring at the devil and the truth of it is,
he's a lot more familiar than I'd care to admit.
liarscenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM #10
xFortune (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Or...just nuke Chechnya
xFortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 AM #11
DeadEagle
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
 
DeadEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tatooine
DeadEagle helped look for balloons
Quote:
It should be noted that there is no on-screen prompt given to the player to shoot civilians (i.e. the objective simply says "Follow Makarov's lead"). The player can go through the level without shooting any civilians or police officers. In the Russian version of the game by 1C Company (available for sale not only in Russia, but in Ukraine and other CIS countries), this level is not available for play. In Japan and Germany, if the player kills a civilian, the game will restart from the last checkpoint with the "You killed a civilian!" message. In the Japanese version, Makarov's line, "Remember, no Russian" is mistranslated to "Kill them, they are Russians" instead of meaning "Don't talk in Russian."
I think that says enough. It's just a terrible act of terrorism and doesn't automatically correlate with something that happened in a video game just because it's similar.
__________________
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Per adversas res fortitudo
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM #12
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
exactly!

Quote:
Vladimir Makarov wanted to blame the US for the massacre, so he didn't want his men to speak Russian while there were surviving civilians in the airport and having the civilians believe the terrorists were Americans. He shot Allen (your character) and left him behind so the Russian people would believe the American Army Rangers commited the massacre.
paintballking72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 PM #13
DiStUrBeD-SoP-
We want the airwaves back
 
DiStUrBeD-SoP-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lower Manhattan
I think we should reverse it on them.

Someone write and publish an article about how video games have to copy acts of terrorism in order to be realistic because that's what sicks ****s do in real life.
__________________
ST:T:G And god did say to Noah "Noah, you must construct additional pylons."
Love is the Movement
I accidentally all of the memes.
DiStUrBeD-SoP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM #14
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!
 
Wango_Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC
Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
i love stupid people are. Completely ignore the fact that the suicide bombers have boarded planes from there in 2004, and the tensions with Chechnya, and go for the video game. This is why I don't watch the news anymore.

wonder if other countries news' are saying the same thing
__________________
"Originally posted by §Galactus§if i had a horse, i would put armor on it. and i would wear armor, and ride around collecting taxes and tributes from the serfs."

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed


I know, right?
__________________
Wango_Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM #15
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES
 
Ninja Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strong Jawlines
Forget about the extremist teachings and brainwashings that cause this and blame a video game! **** yea!
__________________
Meagan's Moist Holes™ - CEO
MMH is dedicated to only bringing you the finest quality!

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 PM #16
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
at least they're blaming a crappy video game
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:08 PM #17
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
But it's like a domino affect if they win. The legal system is all about setting a standard and following it.

If they can prove that there is enough similarities to pull it off the shelves, what's next? MMO's will be pulled because someone got hurt while larping? Any game with a sniper rifle will be pulled because a guy with a scope on his gun shot somebody? NFS will be pulled because people are street racing?

If it happens to one game watch for it to happen to others.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 PM #18
Crede777
Resident Agnostic
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiStUrBeD-SoP- View Post
I think we should reverse it on them.

Someone write and publish an article about how video games have to copy acts of terrorism in order to be realistic because that's what sicks ****s do in real life.
You know how big of a stink they'd make? But seriously, have someone write an article with the premise that "American video games are influenced far too much by the gruesome and barbaric violence committed in countries like Russia/Serbia and Afghanistan."
__________________
"We Fight! "We March!"
ST: P Conspiracy - It's what's for dinner
ST:R/P I ain't come from no fish!
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM #19
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!
 
Wango_Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC
Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Forget about the extremist teachings and brainwashings that cause this and blame a video game! **** yea!
gotta admit though, our media is all about ratings, and this **** gets ratings like no other.

****ers pulled a fast one on us
__________________
"Originally posted by §Galactus§if i had a horse, i would put armor on it. and i would wear armor, and ride around collecting taxes and tributes from the serfs."

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed


I know, right?
__________________
Wango_Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 PM #20
liarscenic
Rebel Without Applause
 
liarscenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
But it's like a domino affect if they win. The legal system is all about setting a standard and following it.

If they can prove that there is enough similarities to pull it off the shelves, what's next? MMO's will be pulled because someone got hurt while larping? Any game with a sniper rifle will be pulled because a guy with a scope on his gun shot somebody? NFS will be pulled because people are street racing?

If it happens to one game watch for it to happen to others.
DC Sniper = GTA?

and why does it even ****ing matter if it inspired him? it's not like its a common occurrence. they're still getting decapitated by the Chechnyans, beat up by their own police, and still are getting over the effects of communism and an insane dictator that killed millions. they have bigger fish to fry that one guy inspired by a video game if he even was, which he wasn't.
__________________
i'm staring at the devil and the truth of it is,
he's a lot more familiar than I'd care to admit.
liarscenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:19 PM #21
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by liarscenic View Post
DC Sniper = GTA?

and why does it even ****ing matter if it inspired him? it's not like its a common occurrence. they're still getting decapitated by the Chechnyans, beat up by their own police, and still are getting over the effects of communism and an insane dictator that killed millions. they have bigger fish to fry that one guy inspired by a video game if he even was, which he wasn't.
I didn't say it would happen. I doubt it will because I see little to no grounds for it. But the guy said "At least it's a bad game." My point was that the legal system is set on precedence and if it's happened before it can happen again.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump