Community Focus

Old 10-21-2012, 04:08 PM #925
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3frontman View Post
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/soccerandpb/IMAG0353.jpg[/IM.G]

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/soccerandpb/IMAG0355.jp.g[/IM.G]

this is Stella, she's 6 months old and 48 pounds. i've had her since 7 weeks or so. she was pretty much housebroken by 10 weeks or so and is completely accident free for almost 3 months now. crate trained, LOVES fetch, and pretty good with sit, stay, come, lay down, go away. putting in work right now on eye contact checking, speak, returning to sit at heels and general attention span.

completely turned my parents and sister around on pit breeds.
How'd you do that?

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2012, 09:29 PM #926
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
How'd you do that?
little work in the morning before she could go outside, let her out in the morning, feed her, go to work, come home at lunch, little work before she could go out, feed her, back to work, come home, 30 minutes of work, outside, another hour or hour and a half of work, food, playtime, outside, bed

didn't take very long. she started paying real good attention because she was ready to go relieve herself and eat. it's slower going now that she can hold it longer than it was when she was smaller.

I see now, I see."
M3frontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:51 PM #927
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
We're still having accidents with Rue. She doesn't like going outside unless I'm right there with her the whole time, which I do almost everytime. My mom or sister usually just lets her out and hopes she goes off the deck.

Then they let her back in and she poops in the house. Happened to me today, but I just opened the back door and left it open so she could roam as she wanted to because I only had a few minutes before I left. Apparently she came in to the house to poop then went back out to play

Guess we're going back to square one.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:19 PM #928
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

crate train? i crate trained stella both with food and housebreaking. plus she caught an occasional smack when she'd go out, come inside, and **** right at my feet within 10 minutes. nothing intense, just a couple fingers to know it wasn't good. i did have to move her crate from room to room every couple days until she realized she slept everywhere inside and thus stopped ****ting in the next room when out of her crate.

now if i even open the door to the crate when i'm leaving the house, or if i pick up her bowls, she goes in and sits and waits for her food or me to shut the door.

edit: to elaborate, that couple of times was a few fingers, point her head in the direction of the pile, tell her no, carry the mess and her outside and set them next to each other in the grass. she gets rewarded far more than any sort of punishment outside of raising my voice a little.

I see now, I see."

Last edited by M3frontman : 10-21-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM #929
paintballking72

She was crate trained. I never thought of moving her crate room to room though, but she sleeps in pretty much every room of the house already if someone is in there.

I'll try taking her piles out to the yard along with her the next time she does it. We'll see if after a few time of that, she gets the picture.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 PM #930
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

also, stella and my other dog in the picture, penny, make fantastic foot warmers when it's sub 40* at night. heh.

I see now, I see."
Old 10-22-2012, 01:18 AM #931
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

Slacker04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ah yes, the wonderful nature of a warm dog.

Gweny and i have been frequenting the dog park a lot lately. Can't get enough of the fall foliage and the great temps in PA

mmmm elephant

Edit, whoa looking back at how skinny she was when we first got her. 52lbs and these days a hefty 68. She's a good 6 inches shorter than most other pits, but the same weight these days. My lil' wrestler

adopting last november

UNIVERSITY of PITTSBURGH PANTHERS

Last edited by Slacker04 : 10-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Slacker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 AM #932
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Althaus68 donated to help Peyton Trent
Althaus68 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Althaus68 supports Team VICIOUS
Althaus68 supports our troops
Althaus68 plays in the APPA beginner division
Your guys are awesome for keeping this thread alive and going!!! I have been so crazy busy haven't hardly even looked here nor my paintball gearbag haha.

So I just want to say thank you to each and every one of you! I am going to update the main page does anyone want to make some logos/design work for the main page?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:36 PM #933
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

Thanks for making this thread! It's great to see people who know that pit bulls are great dogs.

Here are some recent shots of Luna. We have been going to the trail a lot lately to run and play.

And here she is with her two best friends, Grace and Violet the pug.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:23 PM #934
subiepntbllr
It's just a game!!

subiepntbllr plays in the APPA D4 division
Hey every one, I just found out about this pitbull thread. My name is Joe and im from Seattle. I have a very hyper goofy 2 year old blue. I have been a pit owner for many years and have had my share of these awesome dogs. I would like to be a member of this thread. So you will see alot more of me.
subiepntbllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 AM #935
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

I christen thee Apollo II (or Pudge, because he's pretty beefy. He roughhouses with a dog 3x his size.)

Sleepeh puppeh.

There are two small issues- he's really good about going to the bathroom outside if it's just he and I out there by ourselves, but if the other dogs are outside he spends the entire time playing and then pees or poops inside. He pees in pretty random places, but to his credit he always pinches off his hot steamy loaves on the potty pad in the corner of the room. He also doesn't really respond to his name, but I'm sure I confuse him since I alternate between calling him "buddy" or "little man" along with Apollo.

Bright side: he is a total daddy's boy. I get lick-attacked every night when I get home, and then a second lick-attack just before I "put him to bed". It's super-effective.

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic

Last edited by JordanJP : 10-26-2012 at 02:11 AM.
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 PM #936
2ffu

this thread makes me jelly
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:11 PM #937
paintballking72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post
this thread makes me jelly
I said the same thing. My parents finally let me get a pit in June. Love her to pieces.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:59 AM #938
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

welp, we survived Sandy. Luckily, the neighbors (and their 3 kids under 10) came over and tired out the nana that is Gweny. Their son is a constant "fetcher" and their two girls try gymnastics which lead to "puppy wrestling" with toys and licking from the Gwen. Adorable with all things considered. I gave her a bone at the end of the night because she was a champ. She was a constant protector but dealt with the weather as well as any dog could've.

has bone, dgaf about storm and 80mph winds. She even went to the bathroom in the eye! How cool is that!?

Edit: As a side note: Colleen: the mom...admitted she wasn't sure of Gwen when we first brought her home a year ago. She admitted tonight that she couldn't think of a better protector of her kids at this point. Gotta love families that are introduced and brought up with great pitys... It touches my heart when my neighbors girls ( 6 and 4) crawl all over Gweny and she just loves every minute of it. Truly the "nanny dog"

Last edited by Slacker04 : 10-30-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 AM #939
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

anyone else getting snow?
here in Ohio we just got the ground covered in snow... IN OCTOBER
Zoey is gunna love this ha
Old 10-30-2012, 10:56 AM #940
paintballking72

No snow here in Kansas yet. We've had pretty meh for snow the last couple years. I hope we get a lot of snow this year so that Rue can experience when shes still under a year old.

Do your guys' pits hate the rain? Rue won't go out unless I go out with her. Hoping she's not like that with the snow. I want her to love it.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM #941
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

YES! haha she hates rain water snow.. wind haha she is a baby
Old 10-30-2012, 04:39 PM #942
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

We've had really nice weather. Luna doesn't mind the snow at all. She lived in it for about six months. I think she prefers temperate climates, though.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:43 AM #943
paintballking72

Threads been slow. Picture revive! We had some crazy wind here today. Constant 25mph winds with gusts over 40mph, and I took Rue to the park.

She loved the wind.

And ermagerd sand! She loved this big pit of really fine sand. It was like a bunker on a golf course. She was going nuts for 10minutes straight.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:43 PM #944
sportsaddict39
santa muerte cult

Luna has been at my sister's house with Grace for the past couple days. I've missed her a lot. She's coming home today, though.

Edit:

Luna got featured in a little write-up about a San Francisco neighborhood (last picture). Grace, my sister's pit bull is in there too (white pit bull with pointy ears).

https://www.airbnb.com/locations/san...o/alamo-square

Last edited by sportsaddict39 : 11-14-2012 at 02:19 AM.
sportsaddict39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM #945
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

Hi guys! Had a nice run around with 6 st. Bernards today! So, much, slobber