xxtheshockerxx
LS4

xxtheshockerxx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbboy252 View Post
baww look at those ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteronyour6 View Post
...and I apologize for not gettiing in here for sooo long. This new job has made it to where I can barely get onto my FB acct and see my family. But you have been on my mind alot.
How is everyone? Shocker, I see that you're still at it with your baby's antics...LOVE the holloween outfit. Hilarious!!!
hey shooter. good to see you in here again. Bella is a little brat...well sometimes but i love her to death
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2011, 05:06 PM #737
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

Slacker04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
This is Gweny, the newest member of my family.

Blue/Brown pit, we think she's mixed with a hound of some type.

UNIVERSITY of PITTSBURGH PANTHERS

Slacker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 PM #738
xxtheshockerxx
LS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker04 View Post

[ img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/317073_10150473149545590_723625589_10882491_363465 936_n.jpg[/img]
Gweny is a great looking dog

I think bella has learned to say I love you. haha. we have a video of it but for some reason the sound isnt working on youtube
Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 AM #739
810-Donkey

810-Donkey plays in the PSP
810-Donkey supports Team VICIOUS
810-Donkey supports DLX Technology
I love this thread. I will have to post my Blue boy Fonzi soon for everyone.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM #740
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Althaus68 donated to help Peyton Trent
Althaus68 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Althaus68 supports Team VICIOUS
Althaus68 supports our troops
Althaus68 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 810-Donkey View Post
I love this thread. I will have to post my Blue boy Fonzi soon for everyone.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 PM #741
mcglone07
i like eggs

wife is going to get her tomorrow, how hard is it going to be for my wife to train her by herself? im not going to be home for 4-5 months. how much should i expect to spend on dog food and such? im going to read through the thread later maybe i can find out other questions too
mcglone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:21 PM #742
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus

shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
Jumping canines=bad news (no matter what breed thwey are)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
He guys, I've posted in here a while back. I think I tossed up a picture of my Aunt and Uncle's dog Jake. My grandma has one of Jake's brothers, Razor. Razor has a lot of energy. He is the sweetest dog, but my uncle originally had him and liked to get him going all the time, which really pissed me off. Now it's my grandmas dog and I'm trying to get him trained a little better.

Already making good progress on a leash. He jumps on people a lot though. Any of you guy had this problem? How did you correct it? I've tried doing the ignore technique that I heard works, but that seems to make him jump more.

When he jumps on other people they instinctively push him down or away from them. Because the way my uncle played with him (pushing him across the room and making him run at him, then pushing him again and again) this just makes his jumping worse as he thinks they are playing with him. Any tips would be great.

Here's a quick picture I snapped of him.
Allow him to jump up to you, as he does, plant your knee-cap firmly in his chest cavity. Done correctly, you dog will yelp in surprise and wonder what the hell just happened.
Love up on the dog again, then try to coax him to repeat his jumping on you. He will likely be hesitant, but may still jump up. Repeat your actions [if] it does indeed jump.
What this does is teach the canine "Hey, what's going on here. All of a sudden I feel a slight pain in my chest every time I jump up to greet my friends. I'm not going to do that!"
ome will recommend for you to turn your back on the animal. Excluding it from your realm of attention. Which will work...in time. The fault with this method is that everyone will still be vulnerable to its mood. And it is [not] guarenteed that the animal will not jump regardless. You know these dogs, they're HARD-headed. To a fault!
However, if the animal learns that there is pain related to this action, he will only do it in the event of extreme necessity. Such as to attack a burglar. And even then it may refrain from jumping. Which is a very very good thing. As a dog should remain low to the ground to maximize their bodies thrust.
This method that I am suggesting is NOT cruel. And cannot harm the animal in anyway, other than their feelings for a short period. I also recommend that you folow up with lots of love and affection afterwards; which will reaffirm your love for it.
Good luck.
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6
shooteronyour6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:52 PM #743
shooteronyour6

Hello everyone. Glad to see peeps are still raging over this great dog in a positive way. Woot!
Read a few posts that I would like to comment on in one, to keep the traffic down.
1. When getting a new pup, again; regardless of the breed; give a few days for the critter to settle in. But establish your 'rules' right away. And do not stray from them...no matter what the dog says. Your consistency will be the key to your happiness for many years to come if you remain steadfast.
2. The first things to onsider when training the animal are: (a) Potty training. Go for crate training right away. Two hours in crate/kennel, ten minutes outside to potty. AS THE DOG IS POTTYING, TELL THEM TO GO POTTY. And praise them when they do. Do NOT [ready] feed. (I.E. leave food and water in kennel/dish.) A canine will want to relieve themselves with 10-15 minutes after they eat. Set a scheduled feeding time. Though pups should be fed more often...the younger, the more often. But after 4 months old, they're ready for a 3x's a day regiment. It should be taken outside soon after eating, encouraged to run...get the bowels going, and told to "Potty".
(c) Worked on public ettiquete, that is; walking on a leash without pulling/lunging/etc; and jumping. I have trained my pups as early as 4 weeks old to walk a leash 'politely', so it's never to early to learn.
(d)They NEED to learn a 'cue' that tells them to 'Stop!'. This is necassary for a number of reasons . The main reason is to establish a 'place' in their head that they will not test. But rather 'obey' immediately. Which you will definately be needing in the life of your pet...TRUST ME! I use "Enough!", said firmly. Once I have their attention with that, I teach them a 'cue' for "Come!". I use a double-click of my tongue; like a person would use to get a horse to 'giddy-up!' (go). Such tones seriously isolate your voice from anothers' snap of the fingers.
I recommend that each family member train together and use the same 'cues' so as not to confuse the dog, for a period of no less than 90 days. After that, they can incorporate their own personal touch.
However, the key to your harmony is a joint effort to NEVER compromise...no matter how sweet the look, or even how sad. Give in to their power and I will tell you to personally that 1, you just got played; and 2, that you just taught them that you can be played...which is a HUGE mistake. That opens up avenues that you really do not want to do. The main thing, is that it shows them that they have a choice: Your way or theirs.
These are the very basics of what a canine should learn. If you would like to know how to implement them, feel free to PM me. Good luck!
FeedBack link:
Old 11-24-2011, 01:19 AM #744
nastyman-06
(>..)> <(..<)

Guinness wanted to play fetch in the rain today, I can never say "no" to him.

He's a big jumper
I fail at embedding http://youtu.be/x7LJugr6pac

Last edited by nastyman-06 : 11-24-2011 at 02:07 AM.
nastyman-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:17 PM #745
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

Happy thanksgiving everyone! Gweny is ready for some thanksgiving dinner.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:53 PM #746
xxtheshockerxx
LS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
Over thanksgiving we went to my gfs aunts house. and she had a pit that looked just like this except he didnt have his ears cropped. the aunt told us he was dumped off on the gravel road in the country where she lives one day and he walked up to the house and hasnt left since....they have had him 3 years now. he was brindle just like Razor and had some white patches on his chest. overall he was a very neat dog
Old 11-25-2011, 05:49 PM #747
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Quote:
found on interwebs, makes me happy

It's a 4-dAWWWWWWWWg pileup.

Quote:
dbl pst

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbboy252 View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to show my crazy pup Lilly. Female about 1 year old (I think). Went to the local shelter, found her as a skinny little pup, and brought her home the next day. Anyways here are some pics.

anyways thats her. love her. they are such good dogs.
Yes, they are... wish that there were more responsible owners out there so they'd be taken home from the pound more...

Quote:

Good-looking dog.

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:38 AM #748
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

Thanks! Gweny had her first experience with my "family." of course, my family is HUGE and she was very intimidated by the house being full of 35 people. However, she did a great job, and only got upset when we wouldn't let her run around with the kids. (They're 2-3, she's too big and would knock them over)

Overall, we broke a ton of stereotypes in the family with dogs. I'm so proud of our 5 day family member of being a great ambassador of her breed!

Our afternoon naps every week day. Because i'm a pro photographer, i don't work until very late. So Gweny and I hang out from 9am until 5pm most weekdays. We've become very close, and my parents have suddenly gone from "NO PITTS" to "She is a great dog!" Funny how that works

Last edited by Slacker04 : 11-26-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 PM #749
reddogphoto
BECAUSE ST:P

Hello everyone, my name is Ted and I usually hang out in ST: P, but I got linked to this thread and figured I'd post my dogs:

First is Dutchess, 9 year old black brindle mix. We got her from a rescue organization that had picked her up in a rough neighborhood, having been bred on her first heat and kicked out. She was an emaciated 29 pounds when we got her. Her normal slim weight is 45 pounds. Friendly as can be, and very laid back in her old age.

20111125_1D3_0004 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

20111124_1D3_0019 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

20111112_F1N_0020 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

20111112_F1N_0015 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

My other one is Buddy, 2 year old rednose. Got him as a 16 week old pup, his owners had to move and couldn't keep him where they were going. I gave him a good home. He's not aggressive at all, but due to his nervous nature he bristles up and makes a lot of noise whenever something unusual is happening around his home. Great watch dog. Not as many recent photos of him as he doesn't sit still long enough:

20110716_1D3_1176 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

20110710_1D3_1093 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

20111120_1D3_0016-3 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

20111112_F1N_0017 by reddogphotography, on Flickr

And this has to be my favorite puppy picture of him:

My name is Ted and I produce photos. Sometimes I get a decent one.
5px
http://reddogvisuals.com
reddogphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:48 PM #750
xxtheshockerxx
LS4

found this pic of Bella when she was about 3-4 weeks old today
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM #751
shooteronyour6

When ever I need my spirits lifted, I come in here, and with God as my witness, your pics of your dogs do the job! Thanks guys-ALOT!
FeedBack link:
Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 PM #752
shooteronyour6

Let this photo be a warning

Excuse the butchering of the actual [full] text of the original post. But this pic brought alarm bells to me...for the dogs sake:
Why? Because a dog can easily (albeit accidentally) allow a ball this size or smaller to go too far down their throat
If you have EVER had to remove a ball from a dogs throat, you know that it's like trying to pull the teeth of a Pirahna with a tweezer. Not to mention that is very scary to deal with!!!

DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE AT THIS POST~PLEASE. I'm sharing it for the warning (i.e be aware factor) value. Nothing against the original poster by any means.
FeedBack link:
Old 12-03-2011, 11:11 PM #753
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3190909...in/photostream

I can't figure out how to directly link this cute video. Oh well

Gweny and her new friend Murphy (my best friends 4 year old Rottie) playing in their back yard. She was timid at first but warmed up very quickly

Old 12-04-2011, 12:17 PM #754
Althaus68
MooHoo Militia

Althaus68 donated to help Peyton Trent
Althaus68 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Althaus68 supports Team VICIOUS
Althaus68 supports our troops
Althaus68 plays in the APPA beginner division
Welcome ted!, You got yourself some good looking dogs!, and its people like you who can help turn around the pitbull name
Old 12-06-2011, 05:07 PM #755
shooteronyour6

Howdy Ted,
Glad you could join our group of misfits. Glad to see you have some old blood in your stock as well. These youngsters keep popping up with all these young'ns, its hard to kjeep up with em.... lol
FeedBack link:
Old 12-08-2011, 05:09 AM #756
reddogphoto
BECAUSE ST:P

Thanks for the warm welcome! Had a new lens come in yesterday and Buddy was kind enough to pose for me:

My name is Ted and I produce photos. Sometimes I get a decent one.
5px
http://reddogvisuals.com
reddogphoto is offline   Reply With Quote