Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2012, 04:25 PM #148
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

its not THAT bad, well ive seen a lot more in worse condition on craigslist and that other people have rescued. shes active though and ate, now is chilling in her humid hide which she probably has never had, as you can tell my the stuck on shed.
cook. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:37 PM #149
xPsychoxMaggotx
Skeetzy

I'm looking for some advice for my new savannah monitor, which is about 1.5 feet. Just looking to see how it's doing. I listed my bearded dragon to be rehomed, and was offered this monitor. They've always intrigued me, so I went through with it. I've done a lot of research on them, and know a fair amount. I am currently in the process of building a 8x4x4 enclosure out of melamine. Just need another week or two for the proper funds to set it up correctly the first time. Right now it's in a 75 gallon tank.

At first he wouldn't eat anything, I'm guessing he was stressed. Now he LOVES dubia cockroaches(I breed them). I couldn't find a good answer online, but how many a day should he eat? I know he should be receiving one rodent or so a week, but not sure how many of these roaches he can eat a day. I read they become obese very easily, so I'm afraid of over feeding him. And I would like to provide him a variety on top of the live dubias, what's a good meal I can order online to feed him. Im looking for something freeze-dried, or a mixture made by a company.

Before anyone mentions my choice of substrate, I'm going to Lowes right after work tonight to pick up some peat moss, sand, and soil to make him a proper mixture. Tiles are temporary.

This was the day I got him. I took him down and moved the tank around so he couldn't do that again. Still made me laugh.

Also, his stool was very runny up until today. It's starting to solidify. I'm thinking it was because he wasn't eating properly. Could that be a cause? Or should I be concerned still, even though it looks like its returning to normal.

Thanks ahead guys!

Edit:
Oh and here's a picture of my only beardie left, after having 3. I had two this age, thinking the one pictured was female(got him from a breeder, never double checked), and my other was a slightly smaller male. Well they we're together in a 50 gallon tank with no problems for a good month, until the one pictured started attacking my smaller male. Turns out they're both males. I rehomed the smaller one that same night. He wasn't injured, just a small nip on his toe, but didn't want to risk it anymore.
RIP Joe

Last edited by xPsychoxMaggotx : 01-27-2012 at 02:44 PM.
xPsychoxMaggotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:33 AM #150
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me

pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
oc, i know you probably know this but my most recent job has me with leos A LOT.

i advise using a gatorade lid and putting pedilite in it so they can lick at it. also get some medium crickets and feed 3/5 every other day. if you can get it to eat a pinkie do so once it starts regaining weight.

forgo the humid hide for the moment and insead mist 50/70% of the enclosure.
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:45 AM #151
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

nah why would i know that? lol

pedilite sounds good. not doing crickets though, sticking with worms and was planning on getting a pinky in a week or so after she's more settled and stuff. i've had 2 leo's before that i "rescued" and helped get back to great shape from petco before that i gave away when i got my 2nd bearded dragon.

why would i mist 50/70% of the enclosure though? she's not noticeably shedding, and is making good use of the humid hide when she wants. it seems that would do a lot more harm then good.
cook. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:44 PM #152
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
some cool looking lizards in here
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 PM #153
wow. (Banned)

well yesterday was a exactly a year that i got my bearded dragon.

and a year ago

wow. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM #154
wow. (Banned)

here's the gecko i rescued a month later. tails getting nice and fat and shes looking/acting great.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 AM #155
Silver Bullet
Shut your damn mouth

Silver Bullet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Silver Bullet has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Silver Bullet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Silver Bullet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit

My new baby beardie Hunter

"Originally posted by SneakyKindofEvil: Haha, I figured I had to fire a pretty big preemptive strike to show that no funny business will be accepted over my tacti-pris.
"
"Originally posted by Tafari Makonnen: Alex is just mad because he is becoming more lame, while you continue to increase in awesomeness.
"
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM #156
wow. (Banned)

nice. make sure to get that sand out of there though and that you have the right kind of UVB.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...?f=34&t=132151
Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM #157
Silver Bullet
Shut your damn mouth

Silver Bullet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Silver Bullet has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Silver Bullet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Silver Bullet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I know I have the right UVB. And what should I use besides sand? I just recently read that sand can be bad for your beardie.

"Originally posted by SneakyKindofEvil: Haha, I figured I had to fire a pretty big preemptive strike to show that no funny business will be accepted over my tacti-pris.
"
"Originally posted by Tafari Makonnen: Alex is just mad because he is becoming more lame, while you continue to increase in awesomeness.
"
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:27 PM #158
wow. (Banned)

what kind of UVB is it? and you can use slate tile, paper towels, or repti-carpet. i prefer tile.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:36 PM #159
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me

or what he's really asking

what is the UVB rating on the bulb
0,5,10?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 PM #160
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_mink View Post

right after crocidile monitors

you know i hear this a lot....

i've only heard one person say they were friendly, and he was handling his with elbow high Kevlar gloves.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 PM #161
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me

Bell x blizzard paradox
Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 PM #162
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me

Aww, the post asking for basic information of a species with hundreds of care sheets was removed.

Last edited by pbmink : 04-01-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 AM #163
Raptor_Paintball

Raptor_Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Raptor_Paintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If anyone is selling baby or hatchling bearded dragons pm me and LMK I'm a Responsible pet owner and have had many Beardies before!
Raptor_Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM #164
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
Picked up a green basilisk today, Apollo loves this branch (probably because it's under the heatlamp, but eh)

and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Eternal Acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:32 AM #165
da_mink

Needs to be hotter and more humid
Aim me if you wanna talk about it.

VLN
da_mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 PM #166
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

I was having issues maintaining humidity above 65% without hourly sprays, went and bought a fogger for the tank today and it sits steady at 75% humidity now at ~75* out of heat temperature. I still need to get a digi thermometer to read the hot side, but it's quite noticeably hotter under the lamp (duh lol). I have a large tupperware in one corner of the tank too for him to submerge himself in.

The only other issue so far has been feeding, I fed him 12 medium crickets dusted with calcium/d3 supplements when I got him yesterday at 6ish and he's only eaten about 8, save the 1 that drowned in the water. Should I leave them in there and wait for him to eat them all or remove them so he gets used to regular feeding times? Also been reading into gut loading.

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"

Last edited by Eternal Acacia : 09-05-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 PM #167
da_mink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia
I was having issues maintaining humidity above 65% without hourly sprays, went and bought a fogger for the tank today and it sits steady at 75% humidity now at ~75* out of heat temperature. I still need to get a digi thermometer to read the hot side, but it's quite noticeably hotter under the lamp (duh lol). I have a large tupperware in one corner of the tank too for him to submerge himself in.

The only other issue so far has been feeding, I fed him 12 medium crickets dusted with calcium/d3 supplements when I got him yesterday at 6ish and he's only eaten about 8, save the 1 that drowned in the water. Should I leave them in there and wait for him to eat them all or remove them so he gets used to regular feeding times? Also been reading into gut loading.
Ya, try for a slightly higher ambient if you can.
And if you can go to pro exotics near you and buy one of their thermometers. They're what I use and AMAZING.

Defintaly gut load your crix and dust every feeding. Feeding smaller meals he can get down in 12 hours is more important the the number of crickets. There is no magic number but they will stress if there are too many.

VLN
da_mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM #168
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Picked up a ceramic heater, temp now sits at ~92 under the lamp, ~83 under the ceramic, then 75 in the cool/water portion of the cage, turned down my fogger some too as the extra heat has helped the overall humidity stay steady at 80% with less fog.