PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 PM #106
Oc_rage (Banned)

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years

took some new pics of my beardie Thad. he's about 7.5 months old, about 16 inches, still plenty of growing to do.
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 AM #107
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

Ballerofpaint29 is playing at Living Legends III
Ballerofpaint29 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo Stoked for the reptile convention in orlando! I'm getting my crestie there!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:32 AM #108
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Good deal. If you have any questions about them feel free to pm me. Also, pangeareptile.com is a great place to buy all things crestie related and has a fairly active forum and chat room.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:21 PM #109
Skeetzy

See the clear-ish scales? Should I be concerned? He's still eating normal, pooping fine, and has been getting fatter! Finally!

He did shed last week. Still has a few spots that are peeling.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 PM #110
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

Ballerofpaint29 is playing at Living Legends III
Ballerofpaint29 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_KIA4
Good deal. If you have any questions about them feel free to pm me. Also, pangeareptile.com is a great place to buy all things crestie related and has a fairly active forum and chat room.
Alright sweet I hit that up.

For anyone who needs an aquarium, Petco is having a sale, $1 per gallon. JUST SAYIN.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:48 PM #111
Oc_rage (Banned)

got a new bearded dragon yesterday at the reptile show here in pomona. she's a leatherback double het for hypo and translucent. she barely had her first shed so shes only 3-4 weeks old. shes going to be gorgeous though. really nice green/peach color on her with some yellow and orange on her head. going to make some interesting babies with my guy pictured above.

her head was still in shed in those pics
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 AM #112
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

So caved and picked up a bearded dragon today at the show along with another snake (pics in snake thread of course)

Baby leatherback. Has some great orange down his back.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

Old 08-14-2011, 02:31 AM #113
Sgt.Poopy_Pants (Banned)

you have a separate enclosure for him right? you can't house more then 1 beardie to a tank.
Sgt.Poopy_Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:40 AM #114
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

It's actually a her. And I only have 1 beadie. Both pictures are of the same little guy. But, obviously, yes he is by himself. I have plenty of experience with reptiles, thanks for the tip though.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:41 AM #115
Sgt.Poopy_Pants (Banned)

oh sorry, when i scrolled up above your post i thought i saw that it was you who posted the beardie pic above but you in fact just posted right above him. my bad. nice looking girl btw. quite a belly on her.
Sgt.Poopy_Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:28 PM #116
Oc_rage (Banned)

Old 08-15-2011, 01:34 PM #117
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS

Varanus ornatus I picked up at the reptile expo. 8 months old, around 2.5 feet. A bit small but for the price asked and the fact it was from someone who dropped it off at the shop I'm not upset at the vendor..

Was sold as vicious- at my house the first day- was vicious. This is day 2 of working with him.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
T1tanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 PM #118
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Titan, think you could hook me up with an ackie monitor breeder?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 PM #119
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_KIA4 View Post
Titan, think you could hook me up with an ackie monitor breeder?
Proexotics probably still has some available. I've seen their breeding stock personally and their hatchlings. All top quality.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:23 PM #120
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

They also have some steep prices. I'm looking for breeder/show price. They have their reds for $300. I doubt they have any available at this point. They typically seem to sell all theirs before they even hatch.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:15 AM #121
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_KIA4 View Post
They also have some steep prices. I'm looking for breeder/show price. They have their reds for $300. I doubt they have any available at this point. They typically seem to sell all theirs before they even hatch.
Based on that, I don't know of anyone off hand who has them available at the moment, most of the private breeders have theirs sold relatively quick. I may know of a single animal available for sale but I'm unsure.

$300 is not steep for the quality reds they sell, they had some available a couple weeks ago, Robyn was trying to get me to buy some the other day in fact, I can always contact him and ask. Odds are you won't find any good quality red ackies for cheaper than what he's asking, even if you sit on his wait list, he should have more available before too long.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:33 AM #122
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I'll keep that in mind. I don't mind the price of $300, but I know if I find a direct breeder that isn't as big as him, I can get a good quality that is still roughly $200. Thanks Titan.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:56 AM #123
T1tanrush
Team Green

Robyn is actually a direct breeder, he works closely with his animals in facility and does a lot of hands on work with them. He's just as much as a direct breeder as anyone :p
Old 08-16-2011, 01:17 AM #124
Oc_rage (Banned)

yeah but he said he wants to find someone who isn't as popular as him who can still produce a good quality animal but at a lower cost because of his lack of reputation.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:33 AM #125
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

OC nailed it. I know PE breeds their own ackies, as they do with a lot of their animals. He might be the most popular ackie breeder in the US. And with that comes the top of the line price. Doesn't mean another breeder can't have just as good an ackie without the PE bloodline. Right now, I'm gonna take a couple months break from buying any new herps. If I don't find a breeder within that time, I might put down at PE anyway.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:34 AM #126
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
yeah but he said he wants to find someone who isn't as popular as him who can still produce a good quality animal but at a lower cost because of his lack of reputation.
It isn't just a matter of reputation- it's also a matter of the fact that a lot of people selling "red" ackies- are actually mutts somewhere down the line, which is the sad part. I'm sure you can get mutts at $200, but a high quality red I doubt.

I've been looking on .nl and haven't seen anything, I know a lot of breeders end up selling cheaply to friends/other monitor hobbyists before the general public. The one friend of mine who hatched a single animal already sold his, but I'll keep digging.