PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-28-2011, 12:44 AM #43
Oc_rage (Banned)

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
hmm thanks. definitely something i could look into for the future when im settled and have the time/funds to take care of something like that.
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2011, 06:08 PM #44
Oc_rage (Banned)

caught an alligator lizard today. was thinking about keeping them until i noticed the upkeep is the same/more then that of a beardy and im not down for that lol. gorgeous little guy though
Old 05-08-2011, 01:41 PM #45
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

Ballerofpaint29 is playing at Living Legends III
Ballerofpaint29 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have a 9 month old leopard gecko, her name is Ranga.

I'll put pictars up when I get home from work!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 PM #46
Nerobellum
Toy Soldier Educator

My bestfriend got me a Bearded Dragon as a housewarming gift. I used to keep Ball pythons and geckos, but had to find new homes for them when I went off to college so this is my first herp in like....5 years other than a cornsnake I took care of for a few months a while back.

His name is Cave Johnson and he's pretty much established himself as a tyrant.
Nerobellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 PM #47
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

he looks like a boss.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 PM #48
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

Alright so here's the pics of my Gecko.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 PM #49
playxball

playxball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
playxball is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1tanrush View Post
There are a few who stay small but are Australia specific, and are not easily obtainable in the united states. As for small and easy to maintain probably the best starter monitor are ackies. They stay relatively small around 2 feet or so; however, they are very active and need fairly large enclosures of around 5x3x2 or so.
My savannah will probably hit 4ish foot max, and the mangrove probably won't even get all that much larger than she is now, maybe another 8"-12" at most.
Ackies do not grow to 2 feet. Mine were all kept in 20 longs half full with substrate for laying. my largest female was under 13 inches. and was 6 when I sold my collection. these are great animals to keep very hardy and easy to handle.

www.kingsnake.com look on the classifieds. look for care sheets. talk to real breeders.

Best of luck. That water looks nice man any full body pics?

Planet Eclipse/Valken/DXS/KEE/DYE/MacDev/MAPL/OXCC/PPSC/R an M/Legacy Paintball/CRU

playxball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:26 AM #50
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
I've seen some hit very close to 24", I wouldn't ever agree with ever keeping an ackie in a 20 long- that isn't enough room for any monitor species IMO.

No fully body shots right now, I have to find them on my comp ;(
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
T1tanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:31 AM #51
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Got an 18x18x24 exo terra glass enclosure today. Have to finish picking up some stuff for it tomorrow and I believe I'm picking up my 2 crested geckos on Tuesday. I met with the breeder today and got to check out his cresties (along with his many other kick *** animals). He's a really good guy, and everything looks perfect and clean. Being so local, he's giving me a pretty good deal.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:32 PM #52
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I got them a little earlier than I thought haha. I couldn't wait and I had everything I needed at hand. So here's one of my 2 crested geckos.

Believe to be a chocolate flame. Sex unknown at such a young age. My other is believed to be a red of some sort. His parents are pretty nice looking so I'm excited to see how he turns out.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

Old 06-05-2011, 11:48 PM #53
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

That's awesome! Where are you located at?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:50 PM #54
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Thank you. I'm in southeastern Ohio, sir. Why do you ask?

Old 06-06-2011, 11:13 AM #55
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

Dammit. I ask because I don't know any breeders in central Florida. Aha
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43 AM #56
playxball

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1tanrush View Post
I've seen some hit very close to 24", I wouldn't ever agree with ever keeping an ackie in a 20 long- that isn't enough room for any monitor species IMO.

No fully body shots right now, I have to find them on my comp ;(
there are always going to be exceptions to the rule...I have never seen one bigger then 12 or 13 inches. and mine were in 30's not 20's kept multiple hatchings in 20's sorry!

Planet Eclipse/Valken/DXS/KEE/DYE/MacDev/MAPL/OXCC/PPSC/R an M/Legacy Paintball/CRU

Old 06-06-2011, 11:48 AM #57
playxball

Here are pics of my 2 boys from the past. we no longer keep large monitors at least at this point!

this is Charlie at 2 months old from Chad Brown at Pro Exotics Below are more pics of Charlie at around 8 months old!

here is rock...he hated everyone I do not recomend anyone keeping croc monitors. Unless you have extensive experience with them. Even then they are very dangerous. The cage he is in is a holding cage used for cleaning time! I could clean any other cages..even the gator tubs with the animals still in them..all except rocks he was very dangerous all the time!

And then a random of one of my 12 albino ball pythons!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:30 AM #58
Skeetzy

I just adopted this guy the other day. The lady I got him from adopted him too, but it seems like no one took care of him. Poor guy probably never got any attention. The lady said he wasn't squirmy when being held. Well not even an hour after getting home and giving him a bath, he was hanging out with me and my friend all night. He didn't want to be put back in his tank.

I need to get full pictures of him. He's missing part of his tail, and his eyes are all yellowed. The lids are blue. My local pet shop owner said he was definitely malnourished. Fed him live crickets today, and when we stopped feeding him, he got pissed lol.

Fed him more, and he calmed down right away haha.

I have a few questions though. He hasn't been basking under his light. He seems to avoid it. It's about 8 inches from where he lays. Think he's too warm? And how often should I bathe him?

Name suggestions also?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:39 PM #59
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I doubt it's too warm. They enjoy basking in heat up to 105 or more. Might want to get a thermometer just to be safe though. Check the wattage of the bulb. Maybe it's actually not producing enough heat making no difference where he basks.

Good luck. Nice to see someone is taking care of him now. What size tank do you have him in?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:31 PM #60
Skeetzy

29 gallon currently. Have a 75 gallon being delivered this week! This guy is going to be babied. And already got 3 thermometers in the tank now. The temps are perfect. He just prefers the shade hahah
Old 06-12-2011, 06:45 PM #61
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Alright, good deal. He will love that 75 gallon. Sounds like all is well with him. Keep us updated with pics!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM #62
Ballerofpaint29
Pantalones?

Just got a new leopard today, lll have pics up when I get my new laptop.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:33 AM #63
Oc_rage (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetzy View Post
I

I have a few questions though. He hasn't been basking under his light. He seems to avoid it. It's about 8 inches from where he lays. Think he's too warm? And how often should I bathe him?

Name suggestions also?
nice looking guy. a couple things. make sure you have the right UVB bulb. you don't want a coil, you want a tube like bulb, a Repti-Sun 10.0 to be exact. the repti-glo's/coils are not good. also, take him off the sand ASAP as its bad for them and can cause impaction which is EXTREMELY painful for them and can kill them, plus walking in sand for them is the same like us, they like hard clay/ground not loose sand. id suggest getting some slate tile for your new tank. its super easy to clean and it helps keep their nails filed down so you dont have to cut them. www.beardeddragon.org is a GREAT site to find all the info you need.

the basking area you want to be around 105 like the person mentioned above, not higher as adult dragons don't like it above 105. you should be feeding it 70% veggies and 30% bugs. a list for the good and bad foods/veggies can be found here - http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtrem...Nutrition.html

and bathe it once a week.

bearded dragons take a lot of care so be sure to read up on it.