PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM #22
General_Patton (Banned)
ASHEVILLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroOrDie913 View Post
i drink evan williams when i feel like a cheap ****. i dont usually buy cheap liquor though. cheap beer is fine but cheap booze ruins me
For some reason, Evan Williams gets me really ****ty. I drank it once, got a ticket b/c some **** at the bar tried to talk politics to me (but in the ******* confrontational way). Drank it again and got in a fight with a friend. Only liquor I've tried that makes me act like that.

Last edited by General_Patton : 02-06-2011 at 05:46 PM.
General_Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 PM #23
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
and the difference between vodkas by price usually means its been filtered better. meaning it will have less of the bad alcohols in it that cause sickness and hangovers. the flavor is just water and sugar and flavorings. but smirnoff is pretty nasty
Was this still referencing his post? If so, I believe he was talking about gin, not vodka.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 PM #24
mexican916

mexican916 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
mexican916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been loving crown and coke lately, but it gets pricy. Any whiskys out there you would suggest that have the same flavor/taste? And I been on a screwdriver and miller high life kick.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 PM #25
aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Was this still referencing his post? If so, I believe he was talking about gin, not vodka.
I was kind of confused too. I just assumed it was unrelated.
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:57 PM #26
ZeroOrDie913
Certified M*******

Nah its related your first comment was regarding smirnoff vs burnetts. I just don't quote everything.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.
Pocket full of pennies, and a soul gone tilt
Cockpit full of memories and a dream full of guilt.
ZeroOrDie913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:58 PM #27
aperson

Quote:
Nah its related your first comment was regarding smirnoff vs burnetts. I just don't quote everything.
that makes sense. I haven't had problems with Burnetts, but I never really get bad hangovers anyways. I also prefer to just not drink vodka over both.
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 AM #28
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHoCkA View Post

Pricey but ****ing delicious.

Take the shot and suck on a lemon covered in sugar = Lemon Drop. Money.
Still just a blended scotch, and not even the best JW.

Not to mention, that's not what a lemon drop is...
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 PM #29
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
When I'm feeling stupid I just walk around dropping vodka shots in peoples drinks, beer, mixed, w.e. Ends up being pretty funny.
You sound like the type of person who I would punch in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Still just a blended scotch, and not even the best JW.

Not to mention, that's not what a lemon drop is...
This.

Plastic bottle alcohol makes me want to vomit. All of it. I used to be able to drink a ton of nasty things, but now it's just not worth it.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:50 AM #30
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

when I'm feeling stupid I irish up my cheap beer by pouring in cheap whiskey.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:29 PM #31
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Johnny Walker isn't too bad.

I have a bottle of this in my kitchen at the moment:

'Twas a gift. I'm a sucker for single-malt scotch. Great as a sipping scotch, and also can blend quite nicely if you're ever in the mood for a Blood and Sand.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:20 PM #32
emotive789

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican916 View Post
I've been loving crown and coke lately, but it gets pricy. Any whiskys out there you would suggest that have the same flavor/taste? And I been on a screwdriver and miller high life kick.
it doesnt sound like youre too high class anyways, so go buy a handle of canadian mist.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM #33
kai83
Mega Moderator

kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is BST Legit
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
Hey now, "heavy drinking" and "hard liquor" are not necessarily synonymous.
kai83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:35 PM #34
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

this is all we drink around here. ****'s cash

and by cash i mean 13 dollars a handle. i can't complain. (college)
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:06 PM #35
emotive789

at first i thought your post was a joke...until i read underneath the picture. cheap vodka is understandable in college, but why pink lemonade?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM #36
ArchAngelIon
2/3rds a Lawyer

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
new fave

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM #37
mexican916

mexican916 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
mexican916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
is it that good? to both posters actually.. I have seen UV pink lemonade and that looks decent lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 PM #38
ArchAngelIon
2/3rds a Lawyer

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
You can barely taste the vodka in the tea, it goes soooo good with Arizona peach tea, reg tea, or sweat tea. It warms your insides only after it gets through your mouth. Very drinkable even for chicks

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 PM #39
dapope12
drink my holy water

dapope12 plays in the PSP
dapope12 helped look for balloons
dapope12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dapope12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dapope12 supports Team VICIOUS
i tend to prefer liquor over beer and i usually try and buy a little bit of everything. here are some good, relatively cheap liquors i like by catagory as well as some awesome drinks that are easy to make

vodka
-Level- $25 for a .750ml bottle, which is not exactly cheap but if your looking for something to keep in your freezer to pull out to do shots then this is your vodka. its little bitter at first but unlike Skol, aristocrat vodka it leaves a nice after taste.
-Smirnoff- $25 for a 1.75L bottle, everyone knows this is the best to get, its cheap, its not bad, and it pretty much goes with everything.
-Skol- $11-$13 for a 1.75L bottle. It not good, it gives you a bad hangover, and it wont make you look cool but by god its like $11 for a handle. If your dirt poor, looking for paint thinner, or if your making a hunch punch then this is your vodka.

Rum
-Bacardi Anejo- $25 for a 750ml bottle. its a mild tasting spice rum, good with coke and for those who dont like spiced rum it doesnt have that cinnimon/caramel burn. its not bad for shots either but i prefer god ole captain for that.
-Mount Gay Eclipse Rum- $20 for a 750ml bottle. good spriced rum, has that spicy flavor that makes spiced rum good. in my opinion its not the best rum with coke but if you add some lime juice to your shots its heaven.

Tequila
-1800 Silver- $40 for a 1.75L bottle. half as cheap a patron but just as good. maybe not the cheapest tequila but it makes a good birthday present. but that whole "it pours your own shot" thing is stupid.
-Jose Cuervo Gold- $30 for a 1.75L bottle. a good standard shot taking tequila, lick some salt, take the shot, suck some lime.

Whiskey
-Jack Daniels- $30 for a 1.75L bottle. The best for the price. however i dont like the foamy top you get when you make a jack and coke.

Misc. Liquors
-Jager- $25 for 750ml bottle. shots, bombs...thats it...just know the logo means "oh dear god"...dead serious though, the theres a cross over the deer and the deer is inside a circle
-Tanquary- $25 for a 1.75L bottle. good with sprite and aright as a stand alone shot

Drinks that are awesome

-Captain and pepsi, maybe you've tried it, maybe you havent but the pepsi really brings out the marshmellowy and vanilla-ish flavor in the captain.

-Yellowbird, its a good summer drink and it definetly gets you drunk, i got the recipe from a bartender at Pete's Pub in Little Harbor in the Bahamas- in a martini shaker, mix up several cudes of ice, 1.5 shots of Bacardi Anejo and 1 shot of Gallianio (a lemon liqueur thats about $21 for a 375ml bottle). pour over ice and add pineapple and orange juice.

-Bloody Water (a drink i made). Mix vodka with sprite, or tonic if you like, over ice. in another glass mix 1 shot tanquary with about 1/2 shot grenadine syrup ($4 for a bottle, its a cherry flavored syrup thats non alcoholic). pour the tanquary mix over the vodka and sprite and enjoy.

-Cuba Libre, essentually its just coke, lime juice, and a silver rum

-Vodka Tonic. Vodka. Tonic. Lemon. Profit. easy to make, easy to drink, and if your making it for ladies then its about as healthy as drinking can get.

Drinks that are gurranteed to make you drunk
-Skippy. In a large gatoraide cooler mix 1 handle of vodka, 10 beers, and 2-3 gallons of lemonaide. this stuff hits hard after a few drinks

-Cherry rum and coke jello shots. (Assume the box says 1 cup hot water and 1 cup cold water). heat up 3/4 cup coke and 1/4 cup water in a pot (dont boil it because you dont want to make the coke syrupy). pour it into a mixer with the cherry jello powder, stir it for about 2-3 minutes. then add 1 cup of rum and mix for about 2 minutes. pour into shooter cups are refriderate over night.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:32 AM #40
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
pretty much the only liquor I drink anymore:

I keep some MaCallan 12 around for if I'm in a scotch mood, but it's usually Woodford and beer for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapope12 View Post
i tend to prefer liquor over beer and i usually try and buy a little bit of everything. here are some good, relatively cheap liquors i like by catagory as well as some awesome drinks that are easy to make

vodka
-Level- $25 for a .750ml bottle, which is not exactly cheap but if your looking for something to keep in your freezer to pull out to do shots then this is your vodka. its little bitter at first but unlike Skol, aristocrat vodka it leaves a nice after taste.
-Smirnoff- $25 for a 1.75L bottle, everyone knows this is the best to get, its cheap, its not bad, and it pretty much goes with everything.
-Skol- $11-$13 for a 1.75L bottle. It not good, it gives you a bad hangover, and it wont make you look cool but by god its like $11 for a handle. If your dirt poor, looking for paint thinner, or if your making a hunch punch then this is your vodka.
Just buy some Sobieski and call it a day, dirt cheap and far better than either of those.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 02-18-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 AM #41
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
pretty much the only liquor I drink anymore:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/runnerdrex/IMG_2102-1.jpg[/I MG]

I keep some MaCallan 12 around for if I'm in a scotch mood, but it's usually Woodford and beer for me.

Just buy some Sobieski and call it a day, dirt cheap and far better than either of those.
Don't forget Svedka, its decent. I'm not much for vodka though. Smirnoff is terrible for the price.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:06 PM #42
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
drex im right there with you man, i LOVE me some woodford. did you have the masters selection yet? soo awesome.

ive been on a big scotch binge so ive been drinking glenmorangie the lasanta, auchentoshan 12yr, the yamazaki 8yr *which btw is unbelievable* and glendronach 15yr whenever i can get my hands on it.
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is offline   Reply With Quote