PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2015, 04:22 PM #1
cholz123

cholz123 donated to help Peyton Trent
cholz123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coconut Oil and some other recipes!

Check out this blog post about Coconut Oil! Really interesting stuff!

GO NUTS FOR COCONUT OIL

Coconut oil is constantly being talked about! It is continually being featured in the latest health/fitness magazines, medical research, and beauty blogs. It seems this miracle oil can be used for just about anything!

Coconut oil is edible, high in saturated fat and contains medium chain triglycerides. The oil is extracted from the meat of the coconut and has a number of claimed benefits.

1. Cooking staple-used to bake, stir-fry & sauté but can burn easily so it is better to use when cooking at a medium to low-heat. It also can give food a coconutty flavor/sweet aftertaste which I personally am not a big fan of. I stick to baking with coconut oil, the added sweetness is a nice addition to any dessert!

2. Personal care products-can be used as eye make-up remover, face-wash, deodorant, conditioning treatment, toothpaste, shaving cream, and so on. The list literally seems endless! I personally use coconut oil as mouth rinse, & eye-make up remover. I am playing around with a face wash but jury is still out.

3. Health benefits-is said to improve thyroid function, increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K), increase metabolism, lower your risk of heart disease, improve cholesterol levels, and provide memory loss relief. Again, the list/claims goes on and on!

Do you use coconut oil? If so what for, kitchen must have, beauty, supplement for added health? Comment on my website!

There are also some easy recipes for a busy lifestyle!

RECIPES

All this stuff is on http://kpiehfitness.com. If you have any questions pm me or use the contact page on the website!
Old 03-30-2016, 04:31 PM #2
PimpInDistress
11:30

PimpInDistress plays in the PSP
I infuse with coconut oil instead of butter now, much better bonding and flavor - plus healthier!

CEP-2009 BASIC-2008-2011
PimpInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote