Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-23-2010, 02:24 AM #1
shadowvfx

Airsoft player looking into Paintball

Hey there. I've played airsoft for over a decade now, but have been intrigued with all the new tactical guns coming out for the paintball scene. I've always liked the realism of airsoft, but I continually get frustrated with relying on your enemy to admit when he's been hit. Paintball does away with this by using paint to make it obvious if someone has been hit or not, but I never liked the giant hoppers and CO2 tanks.

I was wondering if there are any guns out there that are a crossover (hybrid) of the best of airsoft and paintball? What I'm looking for are realistic guns (M4 or whatever) that store paintballs within magazines or a similar loading system, and incorporate the CO2 tanks in a similarly concealed manner.

I figured that if they started making paintballs and markers that fired balls that are half the diameter of current PB rounds, then that would allow them to be stored in mags and clips (like airsoft), but still leave paint on the target when hit (like PB). Maybe this already exists and I'm just not aware of it? If so, could you please tell me where I can learn more about this "hybrid" sport?
shadowvfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2010, 03:06 AM #2
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
uhh check out GI milsim (i think) and Rap4

also yes. RAM is kind of like paintball as it uses small paint pellets. The markers are highly realistic (in my view) as they eject a cartridge with every shot

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:37 AM #3
the1spoon
You only need 1

Try looking into Tiberius also. They make paintball guns that use clips. They fire regular-sized (.68 caliber) paintballs, which are easier to come by than the smaller stuff. Hope this helps.
the1spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 AM #4
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
yup Rap4 or Tiberius Arms. Inspire has a nice line or a Tippmann x7 too if you change you mind about the co2 tank being enclosed in the gun

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:30 AM #5
Etek3Baller
Female Body Inspector

Etek3Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Etek3Baller is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Etek3Baller supports DLX Technology
Some of the Tippmann carver one guns look very realistic. Yeah, Tiberius guns are great too

Da Luxe Mob
EGO MAFIA I FTOP
Real Winners SCAV HUNT 2011!!!!
RIP Tacobueno: 9/11/2006 - 8/2/2011 :(
Etek3Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 AM #6
cab0053

I have seen pistol replicas with .43 paint and the small co2 cartridges. I have also seen magazine fed rifle replicas. As for the the big tanks, you can alway uses a remote line.
cab0053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:21 PM #7
FuzzyMcFatAss (Banned)

Best advice I can give -

• Don't worry about looks!

• Sell your airsoft junk and go paintball.
FuzzyMcFatAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 PM #8
Over_load30

Over_load30 supports Team VICIOUS
They sell 6mm Paintballs for airsoft guns.

Like This:
http://www.amazon.com/Splatmatic-Fly.../dp/B000CEL6O8
Over_load30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:58 PM #9
DavyHB
you're a towel!

DavyHB supports Team VICIOUS
DavyHB is for the Gunfight
i think there's a magazine conversion kit for some of the tippmann's too in addition to RAP4 and Tiberius. although you aren't carrying a lot of paint when you go with a magazine style marker. the most you're gonna carry is around 20 paintballs per mag.
DavyHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:12 PM #10
Petis_spyderman
Soberity Kills Me.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over_load30 View Post
They sell 6mm Paintballs for airsoft guns.

Like This:
http://www.amazon.com/Splatmatic-Fly.../dp/B000CEL6O8
Ever clean up after a jam? Airsoft guns don't work like paintball guns.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:29 AM #11
shadowvfx

Thanks for the responses.

It seems like the Rap4 guns are closest to what I'm interested in. The .43 cal series is kind of what I described in my first post. I'm glad someone out there is starting to make smaller paintballs and more realistic guns.

Unfortunately, this stuff is much pricier than I was hoping for, but the way things are going, I can probably wait a few years and get similar equipment at a fraction of the cost.
shadowvfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:48 AM #12
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
One thing to consider with the smaller balls, you suffer a rather significant performance decrease. Considerably less range. It's not a contest on which fake gun looks the most like some other gun, it's a contest to see who can get paint on the other guy first. I've seen a player with the expensive RAP4 gun get out performed over and over again by a player with a bright red $50 walmart special .68 cal gun.

Paintball guns tend to be more real than airsoft if you think about it. Every square inch on most guns is fully functional and there for a reason. The hoppers and air tanks? More ammo, more shot capacity, quick and easy reloads. When the Army wanted an air powered launcher it got an external air tank (the FN 303). If a SMG could be given the firepower and ammo capacity of a SAW by slapping an air tank and hopper on the thing militaries all over the world would do it in a heart beat.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:17 AM #13
jangalang37

Annual Supporting Member
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jangalang37 supports Team VICIOUS
jangalang37 posts videos on PbNation
jangalang37 supports Pev's Paintball
jangalang37 plays in the APPA D4 division
jangalang37 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yeah but airsoft is nothing like paintball. similar concept but personally i played airsoft once and was like this is just like paintball with less ammo and more cheaters. do yourself a favor and try scenario paintball itll be worth it i promise. Dont get me wrong airsoft is fun if you dont have cheaters because of the scenario's one can come up with but paintball is much more fun IMO.

Proudly sponsored by:
Field of Dreams 317-605-5159, GI SPORTZ, PBLyfe Jerseys, PLANET ECLIPSE

-There was like NO WAY!
jangalang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:51 AM #14
Etek3Baller
Female Body Inspector

Etek3Baller is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Etek3Baller supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Best advice I can give -

• Don't worry about looks!

• Sell your airsoft junk and go paintball.

Da Luxe Mob
EGO MAFIA I FTOP
Real Winners SCAV HUNT 2011!!!!
RIP Tacobueno: 9/11/2006 - 8/2/2011 :(
Etek3Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:29 AM #15
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just a word of warning: .68 cal is the industry standard. .43 cal is kind of an oddball in the paintball world, meaning that .43 paintballs aren't sold in most stores (you'd have to buy them online), and a lot of fields wouldn't let you play with them (since a lot of fields require you to use paint bought there, and insurance regulations don't allow for that type of paint to be used since it hasn't been tested as extensively as .68). Good news is for the past year or so the industry has been pushing a new .50 cal paint, which is likely to gain acceptance at a lot of fields in the coming time.

One other thing to possibly consider, if you just don't like the idea of the hopper and the tank being on the gun, you could do a couple things. For the hopper, there's a product called a Q Loader, it's a hopper that's about the size and shape of a pod, but it can be mounted anywhere on your gun, not just on the top. For the tank, you could buy a remote line, which is like an air hose you attach to your gun, and you have the tank in your vest. Alternatively, you can buy a 12 gram adapter. This lets you use 12 gram CO2 cartridges in any CO2 capable marker. These only about 3 inches long, but you only get about 15-20 shots from one, and they cost about 50 cents each and are not reusable.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 AM #16
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Milsig makes great magazine-fed Milsim stuff like you're looking at, it's made in Canada instead of China, and Rap-4 tends to copy a lot of their products from them. I'd give them a look. http://www.milsig.ca/store/index.php...=index&cPath=1

BUT, as other people have said, paintball tends to be more function than form when compared to airsoft. Using any marker that has both performance and ergonomic compromises like the ones you're looking at is going to handicap your play, especially if you're still learning the ropes of the game. I would recommend looking instead to one of Tippmann's many guns or possibly something from BT. They're reliable as the sun, look the part of a real gun, and are fantastic beginner guns. Not only that, but a Project Salvo, BT Omega, BT Delta, or Tippmann X7 would cost a fraction of a RAP-4 or Milsig gun.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 PM #17
7usabball

7usabball posts videos on PbNation
7usabball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
7usabball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
7usabball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
One thing to consider with the smaller balls, you suffer a rather significant performance decrease. Considerably less range. It's not a contest on which fake gun looks the most like some other gun, it's a contest to see who can get paint on the other guy first. I've seen a player with the expensive RAP4 gun get out performed over and over again by a player with a bright red $50 walmart special .68 cal gun.

Paintball guns tend to be more real than airsoft if you think about it. Every square inch on most guns is fully functional and there for a reason. The hoppers and air tanks? More ammo, more shot capacity, quick and easy reloads. When the Army wanted an air powered launcher it got an external air tank (the FN 303). If a SMG could be given the firepower and ammo capacity of a SAW by slapping an air tank and hopper on the thing militaries all over the world would do it in a heart beat.
I can't believe it took this many posts before someone said this.

Seriously, go with a mil-sim gun, use a tank and hopper. Or unless you want to go with limited paint play, you should use tiberius arms. They use magazines as well as small co2 cartridges so you don't have a tank or hopper.

Plus, if you use first strike rounds, you can shoot much farther then normal paint. So that's the plus with tiberius arms.
7usabball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:18 AM #18
xiongsta_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Milsig makes great magazine-fed Milsim stuff like you're looking at, it's made in Canada instead of China, and Rap-4 tends to copy a lot of their products from them. I'd give them a look. http://www.milsig.ca/store/index.php...=index&cPath=1

BUT, as other people have said, paintball tends to be more function than form when compared to airsoft. Using any marker that has both performance and ergonomic compromises like the ones you're looking at is going to handicap your play, especially if you're still learning the ropes of the game. I would recommend looking instead to one of Tippmann's many guns or possibly something from BT. They're reliable as the sun, look the part of a real gun, and are fantastic beginner guns. Not only that, but a Project Salvo, BT Omega, BT Delta, or Tippmann X7 would cost a fraction of a RAP-4 or Milsig gun.
actually, its more like they are copying each other sort of. milsig and rap4 used to be together, but milsig decided to go on their own. but, rap4 usually comes out with stuff way before milsig does. besides, not everything on a milsig is made from china. i believe their 20 round mag parts are from china. i will have to look at the milsig youtube channel again just to make sure.
xiongsta_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:38 AM #19
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
if you're ok with doing some work, find a cheap but durable airsoft gun body (whatever you want), then get the carver-one with the e-grip (or reaction/rebound trigger setup is better if they have it) and put the carver one inside of the airsoft gun body. cut another hole where the feedneck of the carver one comes out or build a box mag out of lock-lid tupperware and a vlocity jr. feedgate, then get a hose like thingy (like a warp feed) to go up and into the feedneck hole thingy. done. 200 round box mag, whatever gun you want. still totally real more or less... then you can cut an area out of the stock and get an air-thru system for the gun and put the airtank into the bakc of the gun and use it as a stock, or put it in the gun's stock and it can work that way, too.

13ci tanks are good if you're going to shoot 200 rounds MAX per game...because after that, they go *phut*... for more info, check out www.undergroundmodshop.com

at this point you may need to invest in a 3 point sling lol.

theres also a company called arrowpoint or something like that, which custom builds tippmann guns into replica WW2 or Vietnam war guns. or other more realistic than a paintball gun guns...

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"

Last edited by YeloSno : 12-25-2010 at 05:40 AM.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:36 AM #20
Kambuchamshrm01
hey purple dude

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post

why doesnt everybody understand this?

If you BLATENTLY cheat, Yes im going to yell at you.
Kambuchamshrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:56 PM #21
sharpshooter314

Look at BT guns, not tippmanns. My favorite is the BT TM15, check it out on ANS Gear.

BT Guns

BT TM-15

Also with the TM-15, you should really get the TM Series Rip clip. its a side fed electric hopper that is built specifically for these guns. Its $80 and you can get low profile hoppers for it if you want. You should do some research on the TM-15, i think you would like it.