Community Focus

Old 01-21-2011, 04:19 PM #1
I paintballs you

I paintballs you is playing at Living Legends III
I paintballs you supports Team VICIOUS
I paintballs you supports Sherwood Forest
I paintballs you supports Pev's Paintball
Xbox 360 Help

Alright so my xbox is broken but I want to take the hard drive out and put it in my friends xbox since he doesnt use it. The problem is his xbox is modded. I pretty much only play online games and dont want to be banned. My question is this, when someone gets their xbox modded, do they mod the hard drive or something in the xbox.

Basically I want to use my Hard drive but dont want to get banned on xbox live, any help would be appreciated thanks.
I paintballs you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2011, 04:36 PM #2
Diametunim

Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It can go either way hardware mods or software, chances are he just has his xbox's dvd drive flashed to read unsigned(burned) games.

If he doesn't use his Xbox very much anymore and it's modded to play burned games chances are he hasn't flashed the new firmware into the drive to protect against AP2.5 games. If he doesn't have the latest modded firmware for his drive when you go online his console will be flagged and banned. Even still I'm not even sure if the latest modded firmware is even safe for live anymore after the 19th.

When you get banned that console can no longer access Xbox Live and everything on the hard drive is corrupted so the data can no longer be used with a legit console. There are ways to uncorrupt your data so it's not really a big deal but it's kind of a pain epically if you're new to modding/hex editing and if you're really unlucky they ban your profile along with your console.
Diametunim is offline   Reply With Quote