PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-08-2011, 02:09 AM #1
cedargraham

has been a member for 10 years
NWPS 2011, helping NW tournament paintball, & Event 1 is this Sunday Feb. 13th

Hey NW Players, it's time to start off another year. We have made a few changes over last. More info is posted below and Everything is posted on www.nwpaintballseries.com

This year I wanted to make things a lot more affordable and focus the NWPS tournaments on more about having fun and being able to get out to play once a month against good competition with refs at a more decent price. So I have few ideas which I hope will get you up and want to play some paintball. Sorry if this post gets a little long but paintball is my life and business. I want to see it succeed, as I hope you do too. My goal is to help make it so more teams can afford to play this season. I think we made a lot of changes that will help and have a few more ideas for you. read on.......

If you have been part of the NW tournament scene like I have for the last 11 years, you know that we have a very low turnout in teams playing locally at the moment. I have been running the NWPS for over 5 years now and have never seen it so low, its a little scary. For example an event in January 3-5 years ago could get 25-40 teams. So I would like to ask for some help to start rebuilding back up the tournament scene. Most important if your already have a team is to play locally and support local events like the NWPS, smokin gunz, and wcps. If you don't already have team then start one, don't just keep waiting to get on one. If you don't know how to start a team, a good way is to start playing at a local field and you will find some players if you just stick to it. I have found running a paintball team to be one of the most rewarding adventures of my life. It also is what started my career path in paintball. Paintball has become my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything (ok maybe a million dollars, but then i would just play more, so that would work out well). For everyone else who is a supporter of paintball please help us get more players and teams involved in these events.

On another note, I have been thinking about something over the past few weeks while trying to think of ideas that will help local tournament paintball. There has been this drive over the past few years by teams thinking that they have to practice every weekend in order to compete. But things have changed financially for a lot of us and I don't think this applies anymore. It doesn't make sense that you would practice all the time and then have to miss a local event because you can't afford it. Think about where you will have the most fun spending your money. I guarantee you will have more fun at a local tournament with refs, teams, games, and a chance at some prizes than you would at any regular weekend practice. Remember what it feels like to miss a event and not be able to play. It sucks wondering how your team might have done if you would have just been there. Personally I hate missing any tournaments.
When I started Team CDR we played some 30-40 events in 2003 (ya you read that right). It was one of the best years of my life. We had so much fun and just got good by playing events, lots of them. If I my count is right I think we will have around a total of 20 local events between the 3 series' this season. Don't worry about if you think your team isn't up to the same standards as another team on a list. Just get signed up and play, see what you are made of and have fun playing paintball. That is why we play, is it not?

To start things off this season I am offering team support from my field as part of the prizes in the first event. It will save the winners a ton over the whole year. (See prize list on front page of NWPS.) Throughout the year I will also be organizing some big practices and team support whenever I can (like NW open free entry event on July 19th). E-mail me if your team needs help to get going or needs a place to practice. I am willing to help, just let me know what you need.

2011 NWPS info

All 2011 NWPS events will be at our tournament field we built at the beginning of last year. Remember our field has no mud playing surface, a great staging area and parking. We built it specifically for tournaments. If you didn't have a chance to play at CDR park last year, now is the time.

First Event-Spring series season open starts this Sunday, Febuary 13th. Team entry are due by Wednesday the 9th. All event dates are up on the schedule Page. If you can't make this one, plan for next month. We have a lot of events this year.

2011 divisions and 4 man format (6 player max per roster)

4man (Beginner) Division entry $120. No higher ranked players allowed on Beginner team rosters

4man (Rookie) Division entry $120. One Novice player allowed per Rookie roster.

4man (Novice) Division entry $120. One D1 player allowed on a Novice roster

Event paint only will be priced at $45/55/65 a case. 2011 ID cards are $20. All players must have NWID cards to play NWPS events.

Gun Modes-semi or ramping capped at 12.5 BPS are allowed.

Game time- 5 minutes

-NO SIDELINE COACHING-

If you got moved up in ranking from last year in any other series you will be ranked the same in NWPS for 2011. Any questions about rankings please email me and check first.

Email me questions at nwpaintballseries@cdrsports.com
Call our paintball shop 360-424-9440 for anything paintball or nwps related.

Want to set up a team practice at CDR Park? Email or call.

Thanks for listening. Again sorry this post got a little long. It has been awhile since I posted anything. I hope to see you on the field this weekend.

Cedar Graham- NWPS/CDR Sports

Everything is updated on NWPS website at www.nwpaintballseries.com
cedargraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2011, 01:47 PM #2
-N8-
-DBS KillMode-

Come on people, Lets get some more teams signed up for this, the beginner division only has 2 teams listed, one more team signs up and Cedar will run the division. If there are only three teams, every team in the division is garunteed a prize... What are you all waiting for? Lets go out, Play some good paintball, and have a good time... Lets get the ball rolling people!

Last edited by -N8- : 02-08-2011 at 01:51 PM.
-N8- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:10 PM #3
Zach_CDR
Seattle Ninjas

open division??
Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 PM #4
seattlelife22

We need one more beginner team to play this event..if not than there wont be a beginner div in this one..come on guys one more and 2 more novice.
seattlelife22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 AM #5
Alexpaintball1

One more beginner team sign up will be a great day of paintball and a great field just need one more team!!!

DBS GUNNERZ
Alexpaintball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 PM #6
01yz426
Team Unforgiven...

01yz426 supports Team VICIOUS
01yz426 is for the Gunfight
01yz426 plays in the APPA beginner division
Thanks...

Thanks to:

Grandpa's Collection

IK

Notorious War Machine

Notorious Gold

Y'all were great to play against and I look forward to many more good times... Oh and thanks to Unforgiven as well, I kinda like you guys...
01yz426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:41 AM #7
le0pard
Unforgiven

Huge thanks to the refs for being on top of all of the calls during the games throughout the day! I know we had a lot of fun bs'ing with them before each game when we came on the field
Unforgiven#20
Team Unforgiven ~ Like Us on Facebook!
Proudly Sponsored By: ANSgear ~ Captain O-Ring ~ Health Coach 7 ~ Paintball Sports Park ~ Zephyr Sports

I would rather play honest, and lose, than wipe.
le0pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 PM #8
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
There any pics of the awards at the end?