Old 01-20-2011, 12:40 PM #1
DeCoZ
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Modern Warfare: Vietnam - Presented by the Red Hawks - June 11th-12th at OTP

Date: June 11th-12th

Location: On Target Paintball - 35 Sheep Pen Hill Road Pemberton, NJ 08068
Game Schedule: TBA
Camping: Yes
*Camping will be permitted for Friday and Saturday night – More information regarding camping will be released at a later date.
Night Play: Yes

Game Storyline:

As of May 2011, the highly controversial news site Govleaks.org released an article listing the names of numerous covert operatives. These named operatives happen to come from over 70% of the countries that make up the United Nations. The news site was believed to have attained this information through an alleged connection to a known terrorist organization. Although the Govleaks article was quickly taken down, many of the named operatives have recently been reported as M.I.A. or K.I.A.

Among the countries named in the article were the United States and China. The nature of the article was particularly provocative because it indicated that there were previously unknown espionage missions between the U.S. and China. As a result, a race between both nations launched to find the individuals responsible for running the site, and to find out what other information the news site possessed.

Recently it has been reported that the Govleaks site has been tracked to north east Vietnam. Both the U.S. and China had requested permission to have a military presence in Vietnam to facilitate a search for the organizers of Govleaks. The Vietnamese government was opposed to any foreign military presence, due to the fear of another world conflict breaking out on their soil. The Vietnamese Government has also stated they are proud of their sovereignty and can handle the situation without “outside influence.”

Meanwhile—as both nations are still in talks with Vietnam—there have been reports from the east that both the U.S. and China now have members of their special forces entering into Vietnam. It is speculated that their objectives are to find and capture those responsible for the Govleaks site. Vietnam is in an uproar over these reports. The Vietnamese military is currently seeking truth to the reported acts of “invasion.” In addition it is believed that Vietnamese civilians have taken up arms to defend themselves against another potential internal conflict.

Teams:

United States - 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta
General: Kent "X-man" Jones (Team Boxer) & XO: Justin "Cujo" DeGuzman (Undertakers)
VS.
China - People's Liberation Army Special Operations Forces
General: Simon "Bulldog" Nadler (TSSOC) & XO: Todd "Highway Pirate" Sullivan (War Hounds)

Small 3rd Entity
Vietnamese Civilians
Leader: Chris D’Addario (Hellkatz)

Registration/Deadlines/Paint:

Early-Bird Registration
Deadline: May 6th, 2011
$40 Registration only
$85 (Reg + 1 case mid grade)
$90 (Reg + 1 case high grade)
*Gun & ammo pack free (on request)

Pre-Registration

Deadline: June 3rd, 2011
$40 Registration only
No reg + paint bundle available
*Gun & ammo pack free (on request)

Late and Day of Registration

After: June 3rd, 2011
$50 Registration only
No reg + paint bundle available
*Gun & ammo pack additional $10

Paint price/case:
$55 (mid grade)
$60 (high grade)

Registration is now open! REGISTER TODAY

**Update** 5/11/11

GAME RULES

SATURDAY SCHEDULE

0700-0900 | Check in (Reg/Paint/Chrono)
0900-0930 | Pre Game Orientation
0945-1000 | Special Mission (See General)
1000-1730 | Game on
1730-1915 | Break
1915-1940 | Night safety brief
2000-2230 | Night game

SUNDAY SCHEDULE

0630-0900 | Paint/Chrono/Air open
0900-1200 | Game on
1200-1230 | Break
1230-1300 | Final Mission Brief
1300-1330 | Staging for final mission
1330-1430 | Final Mission
1500-1530 | Awards

SCORING

SUPPLY ROUTE CONTROL (Flip Sticks) - 25 pts every 15minutes (ex. 1200, 1215, 1230, etc.) *Unless otherwise specified
• The first flip stick score will be at 1030 on Saturday and 0915 on Sunday
• There will be two flip stick locations along the main supply route, Flip stick 1 (road) Flip stick 2 (Bac Giang/town)
• Flip sticks will only score if they are flipped a team's color at the scoring time.
• If there is no flip stick in the holder at the scoring time the flip stick is neutral and no points will be awarded to either side.

MISSIONS - Point values will be on mission card.
• Missions will be given throughout the day and will be posted on the mission board at insertion.
• Primary missions will be given at the top of every hour (ex. 1200, 1300, etc.)
• Additional missions will be given out throughout the day and their value will be denoted on the mission card.
• Props will be part of missions. To score a mission that involves a prop the prop must be brought back to the team’s insertion ref. *All props are drop props. If a player is shot while holding the prop they must immediately drop it.

COMMUNICATION TOWERS ("Com Towers") - 100 pts if held for 30 minutes / 150 pts EMP enemy tower
• Each side will have a designated com tower with a flip stick.
• Com towers must be held with a team color flying for 30 consecutive minutes to score. (Maps of the Com Net Zones will be given to Generals and posted on the mission boards)
• If the opposing team pulls the flip stick from the enemy com tower they do not score the tower. Instead, they "disrupt the signal" of the com tower, restarting the 30 minute clock.
• The opposing team can score points from an enemy com tower by successfully placing and detonating an EMP charge on the enemy com tower.
• After an EMP blast, the com tower is dead for the rest of the current hour. It will be available for scoring again at the top of the next hour (ex. blast at 1345 will kill tower to 1400, blast at 1401 will kill tower till 1500)

FINAL BATTLE - Unknown value
• Will be 1 hour long and the point breakdown will be explained on Sunday during the special brief prior to the final battle.

INSERTION

U.S/CHINA INSERTION
• U.S. Insertion [Blue flagging tape] - Gulf of Tonkin (TTPL field)
• China insertion [Red flagging tape] - China (Black forest)
• Players can only insert from their side's designated insertion location (*unless otherwise specified in a mission)
• Player insertion opens every 5 mins. and will remain open for 5 mins. (Base refs will run the insertion process.)
• Insertion will be unrestricted for the first 30 minutes of the game Saturday, 15 minutes of night play, 30 minutes of Sunday and during the entire final battle.
• Any player found in the opposing team’s "insertion zone" will be immediately called out.

VIETNAMESE INSERTION
• The Vietnamese can use their insertion and tag up locations without restriction. They’re not allowed to use the U.S. or Chinese insertions.
• The Vietnamese can only "insert" from Hanoi. Every other location is a "tag up" location only. Head shot = back to Hanoi.
• The Vietnamese will have 1 insertion and 4 tag up locations on field designated by a sign.

HELICOPTERS

• Each side (U.S/China) will have the ability to drop players off via helicopter anywhere on the field except inside an opposing teams "insertion zone."
• Generals will only gain the ability to send out helicopters after the proper amount of fuel is collected on field.
• For every 1 fuel container that a side finds and brings back to insertion they will get 1 helicopter flight.
• Once a team’s fuel is depleted, they cannot fly helicopters.
• Helicopters can't be shot down, nor can the passengers or pilot shoot from the helicopter.
• Once a helicopter leaves insertion the pilot will have 10 minutes to drop off their passengers and get the helicopters back to insertion.
• If the pilot fails to bring the helicopter back by the 10 minute mark, his/her side will lose 100 points.

SPECIAL 3RD ENTITY RULES

• Some missions might call for a side to capture a member of the 3rd entity. To capture a 3rd entity player alive you must pull one of the two flags that will be hanging from their waist.
• Physical contact is not permitted.
• Once the flag of a player is pulled the player will readily go with the side that pulled the flag.
• If the captured player is shot they will no longer be scored as "alive" for the specific mission.

SPECIAL REFEREES & FIELD RULES

• All questions should be directed towards Scenario Referees wearing ORANGE. All other refs will be wearing YELLOW.
• The boundary of the field is yellow and will be marked by caution tape, flagging tape and or glow sticks (night).

NIGHT PLAY

• All players are required to attend the night safety briefing. Failure to attend the main brief will result in the player attending a separate night safety brief which will cut into the players overall game time.
• Insertion will close at 2200hr and the game will end at 2230.
• All players must chrono at or under 250 fps.
• The scoring breakdown for night play will be explained in the night safety briefing

MAPS

You can find in post 291 on page 14

For any questions regarding the game e-mail Redhawkspaintball@gmail.com or PM DeCoz of the Red Hawks

Last edited by DeCoZ : 05-11-2011 at 05:27 PM.
DeCoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM #2
-Waldo-

-Waldo- plays in the PSP
-Waldo- is playing at Living Legends III
-Waldo- is attending Decay of Nations VI
Looking into going
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM #3
tshields
Mr. MVP, Ask about Me!

tshields donated to help Peyton Trent
tshields is playing at Living Legends III
tshields supports our troops
tshields is attending Decay of Nations VI
I'm gonna ask about DPT playing for the TSSOC for this one.....

I Inspire Fear and Engender Hate........
Deadpool -- "I.M. Terrible brings you another captivating poem on one of PBnation's great trash talkers Mr. Shields"
tshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:44 PM #4
jpazz
I am Psych-ot-ic

I'll be there. Chris from hellkatz already told me what side I am on.

09/08/07 - Paint the World 1944 | 06/01/08 - BioWars | 09/06/08 - Assault on Planet X7 | 01/31/09 - Jpazz CARHpenter's:THE THING
06/06/09 - BioWars 2 | 09/12/09 - Phantom Panic | 06/12/10 - C.I.S. Skirmish | 02/19/11 - Jpazz CARHpenter's: THE THING II | 06/04/11 - Revolution 2776 9/8/12 - The Plague Wars | 2/23/13 - THE THING III

TSSOC Fallout: Wasteland / Enclave MVP | TSSOC Army of Darkness /Human MVP

French X.O. ION 2011: No matter who wins, we lose.
jpazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM #5
r_clarke
Disposable Heroes

we will be there....god bless america !
Animal Custom Paintball Gear_HitMan Gear
Psycho Scenario Mask covers

WEB
www.facebook.com/disposableheroespaintballteam

Last edited by r_clarke : 01-20-2011 at 02:50 PM.
r_clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:12 PM #6
DeathX
The Total Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshields View Post
I'm gonna ask about DPT playing for the TSSOC for this one.....

That would be cool for a change. i can't remember the last time we played the same side.

This was a great game last year. The field is a lot of fun to. We're looking forward to this next installment.
DeathX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:34 PM #7
tshields
Mr. MVP, Ask about Me!

tshields donated to help Peyton Trent
tshields is playing at Living Legends III
tshields supports our troops
tshields is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathX View Post
That would be cool for a change. i can't remember the last time we played the same side.

This was a great game last year. The field is a lot of fun to. We're looking forward to this next installment.
Yes sir, it would be a blast and a great change up..... AND to top it off, with you guys in command, I don't have to worry about someone dropping the base (you guys have sick base d..... and I would no, you had guys in spots I was sure no one would be).......

Asking the fella's about it......

I Inspire Fear and Engender Hate........
Deadpool -- "I.M. Terrible brings you another captivating poem on one of PBnation's great trash talkers Mr. Shields"
tshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM #8
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshields View Post
Yes sir, it would be a blast and a great change up..... AND to top it off, with you guys in command, I don't have to worry about someone dropping the base (you guys have sick base d..... and I would no, you had guys in spots I was sure no one would be).......

Asking the fella's about it......
Assuming the format is similar to Somalia last year, there should be no concerns about needing base D. The theater of operation will be entirely in Vietnam while team bases will be in separate "ally countries" that cannot be entered by the enemy. IMO, one of the cleverest and most effective ways I've ever seen to eliminate spawn camping.

I'll definitely be pushing the Dogs to attend this one, maybe even as part of the 3rd entity if the Hellkatz are interested in having us. The guys who played the pirates last year looked like they had a blast!
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:24 PM #9
Highway Pirate

Highway Pirate is playing at Living Legends V
Highway Pirate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Highway Pirate has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Highway Pirate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This game is still so far away, but I'm already pacing, ready for the challenge to smoke some Capitalist American idiots!

As I'm not a person to directly speak down on my opposition, I will instead say this...shooting for Bulldog along side TSSOC and the War Hounds is the best decision you will make all season! The Americans may have the money and the technology, but we have the numbers and the brawn!

WARHOUNDSPAINTBALL.COM

War Hounds Party Brigade-Bringing the PARTY back to paintball!
Highway Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:13 PM #10
ace0007

You know it baby..I'm ready to shoot all who enter out country without permission or payment

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 PM #11
HitMan.
UNDERTAKERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
I'll definitely be pushing the Dogs to attend this one, maybe even as part of the 3rd entity if the Hellkatz are interested in having us. The guys who played the pirates last year looked like they had a blast!
oh they did
and this year there in command
Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 PM #12
ace0007

Come on Lou, what's better than getting to shoot anyone you want all day...Including Herc

PM me for my facebook!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM #13
HitMan.
UNDERTAKERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0007 View Post
Come on Lou, what's better than getting to shoot anyone you want all day...Including Herc
Lou didnt post that. Jay did
Besides Lou has too many 2 for $20 at the Apple
Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 PM #14
ace0007

LOL my eyesight is very bad...Chinese and American look all the same to me at a certain distance.....

PM me for my facebook!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 AM #15
UN4GIVEN42
CAPT UN4GIVEN GHOSTS ERSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_clarke View Post
we will be there....god bless america !
We will be there too...
UN4GIVEN42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 PM #16
DeCoZ

Update: Registration is now open!

REGISTER TODAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
Assuming the format is similar to Somalia last year, there should be no concerns about needing base D. The theater of operation will be entirely in Vietnam while team bases will be in separate "ally countries" that cannot be entered by the enemy. IMO, one of the cleverest and most effective ways I've ever seen to eliminate spawn camping.
You're correct Jay. A similar format will be used, with some minor tweaks and surprises. I'm glad you think so highly of our solution to the base camping problem.

Note: Third entity is closed to regular registration. Any teams that are interested must first contact Chris with an EXACT head count for the game. We maintain a specific player ratio with the third entity so keeping the head count accurate is extremely important.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM #17
Yourmomsbox
AKA P.C. Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCoZ View Post
REGISTER TODAY

You're correct Jay. A similar format will be used, with some minor tweaks and surprises. I'm glad you think so highly of our solution to the base camping problem.

Note: Third entity is closed to regular registration. Any teams that are interested must first contact Chris with an EXACT head count for the game. We maintain a specific player ratio with the third entity so keeping the head count accurate is extremely important.

I have reached out to a few teams regarding joining this side and hope to hear back and have an approximate headcount but anyone who is interested shoot me a PM and can see what we can do. Currently we are looking for people who are just gunners and dont mind getting in a lil firefight once in awhile.
Yourmomsbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:52 PM #18
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
What are the game start/finish looking like? I have a wedding the day beforehand that I have to attend.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:00 PM #19
DeCoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
What are the game start/finish looking like? I have a wedding the day beforehand that I have to attend.
We haven't set the schedule in stone yet. However Saturday will probably have a start time of about 10AM and run until about 10/11PM with a break in the late afternoon. Sunday we will shoot to have everything done - awards included- by 530-6PM.

But like I said the schedule isn't set in stone yet. We will be releasing the final schedule in a couple of weeks so check back later.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:33 PM #20
OOMattOO
LUCKY

Wow...that's a long day on Saturday

OOMattOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:40 AM #21
HitMan.
UNDERTAKERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourmomsbox View Post
I have reached out to a few teams regarding joining this side and hope to hear back and have an approximate headcount but anyone who is interested shoot me a PM and can see what we can do. Currently we are looking for people who are just gunners and dont mind getting in a lil firefight once in awhile.
cough cough, your only issue this year is that last years 3rd party will be in command and shooting at both YOU 3rd party & the enemy. And our new 2011 tank will be up and ready for this one. Save your souls while you can. Your NOT getting the town!