PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 AM #85
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
aoc if gonna be huge, WAR is gonna be huge, aion is gonna be huge, lotro is gonna be huge, rift is gonna be huge, gw2 is gonna be huge, swtor is gonna be huge... on and on

how many have actually worked out to all the hype?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2011, 01:34 PM #86
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Well, considering GW2 has an entire following of gamers coming back from the original (the original sold over 7million copies btw) plus plenty of people being lured in by some of the ideas.. Yeah, I have a feeling it's gonna be big.

I doubt Rift will be all that big. I like it and it's fun but it's not different. I'll play it until GW2 comes out.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:29 PM #87
binaryterror
Static?

how much more different can you make a mmo? think of all the other genres, fps, rts etc. they all play EXACTLY the same yet nobody complains about that.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-12-2011, 03:47 PM #88
Rampager2000

Guild Wars is different. That's why it's big. It's a relaxed game with the most intense PvP I've ever played (and I've played a few different MMO's).

I guess just the feel of it is what kept me in it. And yes, I understand to an extent you can't durastically change things too much but it's true is it not? Rift is a lot like a lot of other games. That being said, it looks like it will be sorta fun, on release for the first few weeks hunting down rifts and "vanquishing" the lands will be a ****ing blast! After that people will start farming and once people start getting all the best stuff and it becomes a norm people will enjoy a "glory" time of fun and all. Then after that wears off people will begin to slowly filter out.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:12 PM #89
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

has been a member for 10 years
I downloaded it used a code from this thread, but I can't play until open beta anyway. Oh well.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:34 PM #90
Rampager2000

It starts tuesday through monday. It's the last public beta until release.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:59 PM #91
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I had kinda hoped to get some playtime in this weekend, but oh well.

Does this game handle parties well for questing/coop type stuff? I'm trying to get 2 friends to sign up as well, but they aren't really the pvp types.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:18 PM #92
binaryterror
Static?

yeah they have a dungeon finder tool as well now. but i never pvp i personally hate it. thats why i raid

Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 PM #93
Rampager2000

In the whole 4-5 hours I spent in the game I don't think I actually did a single thing with anyone else. I assume once you get into higher level stuff that will change very quickly, though.

It is my full intentions to find a guild to join when the release happens. The game is so boring right now partly because I feel like I'm on my own and I hate that. I like working as a team. I like things being slightly difficult.

I guess that's why I liked Guild Wars so much. It's so team oriented that it's impossibly to do the game alone.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:11 PM #94
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Open beta is up and running!

Its actually really busy, lots of people on my medium population server. I haven't played it enough to have a real opinion, but it sure is as generic as it gets for an MMO intro. Some talking to people quests, some kill thing quests, some touch stuff quests, and so on. I guess its a great formula to teach beginners, so don't change what works.

I talked two friends into playing so things should get interesting soon enough.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM #95
binaryterror
Static?

i wish i had friends that played... that would make the game 10x more fun

Old 02-17-2011, 12:12 PM #96
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
guild?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM #97
A frying pan
ಥ_ಥ

A frying pan helped look for balloons
Well, just got in the open beta.

Good-bye, life. It's about time I get sucked back into an MMO.

'03 WRX shag-wagon
ST:Tech - ಠ_ಠ
A frying pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 PM #98
fock0
Don't Tread On Me.

fock0 helped look for balloons
Ya i know. This game is trying to ruin my life. I stopped playing wow like 3 years ago. I got in open beta with this game, and I have been playing for over 6 hrs. haha. This game is fun as hell. Must fight the temptation.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:54 PM #99
A frying pan
ಥ_ಥ

A frying pan helped look for balloons
The whole rift idea is pretty damn fun. It breaks up the monotony of grindan, collectan, killan.

'03 WRX shag-wagon
ST:Tech - ಠ_ಠ
A frying pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:18 PM #100
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

For some reason I always torture myself with picking warriors in mmo's. I keep telling myself, "it will get better, just wait until you get some good gear!" It never gets better. PVE isn't so bad, but PVP is just one long, sad, and depressing experience. 90% of the battle is spent snared, stunned, slowed, trapped, rooted, frozen, sapped, or feared, only to finally break loose and have the enemy run away from me faster than I can move. As soon is my charge is off its cooldown, I can jump into the fray. Only to find myself the only melee class on my team, so I am quickly targeted by the entire other teams clump of range classes. The plate armor helps, and so does the good damage, but even when I finally manage to get close enough to start swinging, my work is quickly undone by a simple heal spell, and the process begins again. Sad.

Rift beta has finally made me give up. I ditched my warrior and made a rogue, which is already more formidable of an opponent despite being half the level. I hope the bow warrior in GW2 is awesome, so I can fuel my love for plate armor and also my need to range damage. Maybe I just blow at warriors.

/rant

Old 02-19-2011, 05:07 PM #101
Rampager2000

Warriors in Guild Wars are one of the most effective classes. Takes good monks for that to happen though. PvP speaking...

I haven't even played this beta yet. I haven't had a few hours to sit down and play and quite frankly I don't think I will.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:17 PM #102
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

tabbed out of the game to say this game is very entertaining right now. Server went to **** when 100 rifts opened all at the same time. A huge golem with 700k hp is destroying the water town. I have a swarm of like 50+ people trying to kill the golem and its probably going to take about a half an hour to kill this guy.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:38 PM #103
Rampager2000

It gets more fun after the first 15 levels or so, right?

Old 02-20-2011, 12:19 AM #104
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I guess so. I have two level 16's. Tonight was just insane since the whole server was getting destroyed. I got like 6 levels, 500 planarite, and tons more rewards I haven't even dealt with yet. I stayed up like 2 more hours than I wanted since the event wouldn't end.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 AM #105
Rampager2000

I have a level 12 or something mage and the game has been nothing but a grind so far. All I've wanted to do is go rift destroying or something and I feel like I'm just questing for nothing ya know