Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 12:42 PM #1
paintballdude35
 
 
paintballdude35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
paintballdude35 is playing at Living Legends VII
paintballdude35 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Geo GSL

Hi, i have a few concerns on the GSL. Not the gun because we all know the gsl is obviously is a great marker. My concern is why people are selling them for such a high price $2200+. When they were up on ANS they were going brand new for $1849.95 for preorder. I understand its a very limited edition marker but i mean cmon here lets be realistic. I know there are some "gun hoarders" out there that are willing to get their hands on anything they can. Obviously people want to make resale on it and get their money back or get their moneys worth. I know CSL's are still going for $1300-$1400 but ive seen a couple go for $750-$950 and its been years. But, on the otherhand the GSL did just come out. The main point is, you get a gun for $1849.95 and decide to sell it for $2200+ it just doesnt seem right. I personally think for being used they should go for at the most $1775 or $1750 and at the least $1675. Please post with help or something or someone explaining to me why people are selling these used for $400 pass retail price. Thank you
paintballdude35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2014, 12:47 PM #2
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball
 
tonycon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chi-Town
Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It's because if the numbers. There are only 750 of them with a handful of custom/pl gsl's as well. This is the first publicly available SL geo...with the exception if I think 2 SL 91's...and there were only 10 of those...ones that do come up for sale are 3k+. The CSL's you see for 1000+ have the full barrel kit as well as everything you would get with it new...the ones for lower are beat to ****...parts missing/barrel fronts missing etc. not to mention that the GSL shoots much smoother than any geo/geo+/geo2-2.1 or geo 3-3.1 I have shot or owned. That in itself was worth the $ for me. IMHO...the markers resale/selling point is only what people will pay for them...if I didn't get my GSL thru my sponsor field...I wouldn't have one...I can't stand paying retail much less above it. Everyone has different views on what something is worth.
__________________
Swamp SLS-whitebrown CSL-Midnight/Poison LV1 Pure/Prestige GSL

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:38 PM #3
lungilung
 
 
lungilung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: OHIO
Annual Supporting Member
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
lungilung plays in the APPA D4 division
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It's the best gun out period, performance, looks, and feel and it's made by the best company in the business and it's rare. Want it for $1850 you should've preordered, you want the best you gotta pay for it.
I think people assumed as usual, not buy new and wait for the used market and it back fired and they're upset
__________________
The Other Athlete
lungilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:59 PM #4
xylem
 
 
xylem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
xylem owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xylem plays in the APPA D4 division
xylem owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude35 View Post
Hi, i have a few concerns on the GSL. Not the gun because we all know the gsl is obviously is a great marker. My concern is why people are selling them for such a high price $2200+. When they were up on ANS they were going brand new for $1849.95 for preorder. I understand its a very limited edition marker but i mean cmon here lets be realistic. I know there are some "gun hoarders" out there that are willing to get their hands on anything they can. Obviously people want to make resale on it and get their money back or get their moneys worth. I know CSL's are still going for $1300-$1400 but ive seen a couple go for $750-$950 and its been years. But, on the otherhand the GSL did just come out. The main point is, you get a gun for $1849.95 and decide to sell it for $2200+ it just doesnt seem right. I personally think for being used they should go for at the most $1775 or $1750 and at the least $1675. Please post with help or something or someone explaining to me why people are selling these used for $400 pass retail price. Thank you
not to insult you, but obviously you don't know how it works. you are paying for the exclusivity of the marker. some numb nut posted above me that its the best marker our right now, well that's his opinion but I thought It was stupid to say something like that. there are other guns that shoot just as straight, more efficient, easier to maintain, comes with all the bells and whistles, smoother, sexier... etc...
In my opinion, you are paying for the exclusivity, craftsmanship, overall performance and world wide support.
__________________
WARPED INTENTIONS
xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:50 PM #5
CatoRockwell
Mercenary
 
CatoRockwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orem UT
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylem View Post
not to insult you, but obviously you don't know how it works. you are paying for the exclusivity of the marker. some numb nut posted above me that its the best marker our right now, well that's his opinion but I thought It was stupid to say something like that. there are other guns that shoot just as straight, more efficient, easier to maintain, comes with all the bells and whistles, smoother, sexier... etc... In my opinion, you are paying for the exclusivity, craftsmanship, overall performance and world wide support.
i agree you are paying for the exclusivity,

However, I disagree about ease of maintenance and efficiency. There is no spool that Ive seen that gets the efficiency the GSL gets, and as for ease of maintenance, same thing. Smoothness is opinion.

The reason they are selling for $2200 is because someone is willing to buy them for that price. Why would you sell for less when you know someone will pay more?

My own experience is that this is hands down the best gun Ive ever owned. I preordered and paid retail for mine, even so Ive considered picking up a second even with the higher price, because I love it that much.
__________________
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:13 PM #6
RyanR
shootin from the hip
 
RyanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 416
 has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatoRockwell View Post
There is no spool that Ive seen that gets the efficiency the GSL gets.
GTi, Vis, Insight..
__________________
"I never thought we'd have to check the guns for steroids" - Todd Martinez

IOG

Last edited by RyanR : 05-04-2014 at 07:15 PM.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:24 PM #7
xylem
 
 
xylem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
xylem owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xylem plays in the APPA D4 division
xylem owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
GTi, Vis, Insight..
Demon, clone vx...
__________________
WARPED INTENTIONS
xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:34 PM #8
CatoRockwell
Mercenary
 
CatoRockwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orem UT
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Never got a clone 12 pods on a 4k fill for a 68/4500.

Dont know as much about the vis, but I thought the efficient engine was the poppit engine not the spool. Havent had one myself yet though.
__________________
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:49 AM #9
stoneg19
Mmmmm ... Mac N Cheese
 
stoneg19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Washington , DC
stoneg19 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
stoneg19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stoneg19 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I can almost shoot an entire case out of my insight
stoneg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 PM #10
yaktyyak
 
 
yaktyyak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lowell, MI
Annual Supporting Member
yaktyyak supports Empire
yaktyyak owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude35 View Post
cmon here lets be realistic.
they are realistically selling for $2200, and people are happy to pay that. Its what the market is. Personally I don't think only 750 guns is really that rare in the paintball world. However there is way more than 750 people who want a GSL and are willing to pay above msrp to get one. Retailers have to sell it at msrp, private sellers don't. You want one??? You can get one, they are available privately. Just expect to pay for it. Don't want to pay that much??? Then your going to have to wait. Time is a luxury and you will find in life you will have to pay for this also if you want things done on your schedule. Your 2nd option is wait for the geo4. I don't think its totally right that people have bought multiple guns for the purpose of resale at the higher price for profit. However as much as everyone can bash them, it carries a risk (albeit a small one since we are talking PE guns here). If the gun somehow flops, then they could potentially take a big hit or have slim to nothing margins or even lose. This is basic supply and demand. Welcome to capitalism 101. I dont get why this is so hard for people to understand as this like 3rd or 4th thread I have seen on this subject. I feel like its just people being butt hurt about being priced out of a market and that somebody else is making money on it. You'll also find in life this happens all the time in much more atrocious ways than this. I hope this answers your question and we can quit beating this dead horse.

-Kyle
__________________
TC Paintball Grand Rapids MAVERICKS
Empire Sniper - Empire Resurrection - PE GSL Pure2 #57 - PE GSL Vyper #628
yaktyyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:23 PM #11
yaktyyak
 
 
yaktyyak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lowell, MI
Annual Supporting Member
yaktyyak supports Empire
yaktyyak owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatoRockwell View Post
The reason they are selling for $2200 is because someone is willing to buy them for that price. Why would you sell for less when you know someone will pay more?
.
Exactly, if you were selling your car and felt it was only worth $5000, but market price was $8000, your not going to sell it for $5000. Your gonna try and make your money. Plain and simple.
__________________
TC Paintball Grand Rapids MAVERICKS
Empire Sniper - Empire Resurrection - PE GSL Pure2 #57 - PE GSL Vyper #628
yaktyyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:19 PM #12
RyanR
shootin from the hip
 
RyanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 416
 has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Basic supply and demand? These things are more available now then when they were up for pre-order.
__________________
"I never thought we'd have to check the guns for steroids" - Todd Martinez

IOG
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 AM #13
CatoRockwell
Mercenary
 
CatoRockwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orem UT
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I dont recall any issues preordering mine.
__________________
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:51 AM #14
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Mind you ANS "says" they are still selling them but we all know ANS will happily take your money for orders they can never fill then issue you some kind of refund months later
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:55 PM #15
allout2
unsung zero
 
allout2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GA
allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
allout2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Mind you ANS "says" they are still selling them but we all know ANS will happily take your money for orders they can never fill then issue you some kind of refund months later
allout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:52 PM #16
paintballdude35
 
 
paintballdude35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
paintballdude35 is playing at Living Legends VII
paintballdude35 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thank you all for the help. Some were a bit rude, but they helped. Just trying to understand the concept a little bit better.
paintballdude35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump