PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 AM #1
punk2blade12
Dirty Jersey

punk2blade12 plays in the PSP
GEO 3.1 Issues

I have been having problems with my Geo 3.1. The marker has been just puffing small puffs of air through the SFR. I have set a new battery and reprogramed the board to factory settings.
It does not fire at all just puffs and there is no leak through the gun. Therefore I don't want to open it up for no reason.
Anyone have any idea what is going on?
punk2blade12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 AM #2
Thundergod
BOILER UP

Thundergod is playing at Living Legends VI
Thundergod owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thundergod has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
How much paint have you put through it so far? If you havent lubed the gun recently, I would try that first. Also, with my geo 3, it was puffing on the lowest sfr setting until I had about 2 cases through it.
Thundergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:28 AM #3
Vissa
Vaporized!

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Check:

- SFR, turn up all the way. (max open) If it already is or doesn't help, check following

- Drivetrain, relube drivetrain. GEO drivetrains just need to be wet, no extend amount of grease, if this doesn't help, check following

- Solenoid output, put solenoid in settings menu to medium or high if it's on low
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:49 PM #4
punk2blade12
Dirty Jersey

punk2blade12 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundergod View Post
How much paint have you put through it so far? If you havent lubed the gun recently, I would try that first. Also, with my geo 3, it was puffing on the lowest sfr setting until I had about 2 cases through it.
I bought it used and the guy barely used it, so I believe 5 cases has gone through it.
I used it the day before it was working great and then the following day it just started doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissa View Post
Check:

- SFR, turn up all the way. (max open) If it already is or doesn't help, check following

- Drivetrain, relube drivetrain. GEO drivetrains just need to be wet, no extend amount of grease, if this doesn't help, check following

- Solenoid output, put solenoid in settings menu to medium or high if it's on low
I have done all that and it seems to be puffing around the hole next too the SFR. Still not leaking.
punk2blade12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:08 AM #5
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk2blade12 View Post
I bought it used and the guy barely used it, so I believe 5 cases has gone through it.
I used it the day before it was working great and then the following day it just started doing that.

I have done all that and it seems to be puffing around the hole next too the SFR. Still not leaking.
The puffing coming from the hole next to the SFR is normal and occurs during each cycle. As far as the marker not cycling fully, that is not normal.

Try the following in order: Reset your board to the factory settings with a fresh battery in place. Make sure you are lubing the marker properly with Planet Eclipse lube. Check that the rear most prop shaft screw (silver screw) is screwed on tight and that the prop shaft inner spring is installed and intact. A video on how to properly lubricate the gun can be found on youtube. Try replacing the prop shaft, bolt, inner can o-ring and relube. If all of this doesn't work. Try increasing your solenoid power through your board's adjustment menu.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote