Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM #1
slimjims

odyssey RPM (new version) problem

my odyssey rpm will only turn on when i unplug it wait a few miniuts and try it again and i have a brand new battery what could be the problem
slimjims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2011, 09:22 PM #2
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

snoopdogg helped look for balloons
snoopdogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snoopdogg supports Pev's Paintball
Wait you gotta better explain this. To be honest i dont know what you said.

Like is it randomly turning on? or turning off?
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
snoopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 PM #3
ballin v6
HKanada

unplug? is the battery rechargable
ballin v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:28 PM #4
slimjims

it is a disposable 9 volt battery and the gun will not turn on unless i unplug the battery and plug it back in several times and ive used several diffrent batterys that are all brand new
Old 01-16-2011, 10:40 PM #5
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
I bet your battery harness is messed up. Time to replace it.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:13 PM #6
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjims View Post
my odyssey rpm will only turn on when i unplug it wait a few miniuts and try it again and i have a brand new battery what could be the problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjims View Post
it is a disposable 9 volt battery and the gun will not turn on unless i unplug the battery and plug it back in several times and ive used several diffrent batterys that are all brand new
Wait, so which is it?
Is it
1. After the gun is turned off, it can't be turned on again until the battery is removed and you wait a few minutes?
or
2. Every time the battery is removed it takes several tries to re-install a new battery?

Sounds like there's a short somewhere on the board that's causing something to act as a capacitor and make the board malfunction until the charge is dissipated, thus the "having to wait" part. Have you ever taken the board out of the gun?
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:58 PM #7
slimjims

it was the first one 1. After the gun is turned off, it can't be turned on again until the battery is removed and you wait a few minutes

and i bought the gun from a friend and i dont think he has removed the board out of the gun
Old 01-17-2011, 05:11 PM #8
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Take a look at the board and make sure there's nothing sitting on it like a shard of metal or something else that could short out any of the components. Also check and make sure that none of the diodes are bent or touching in a way that they shouldn't.

If you have one of those compressed air cans for cleaning out computers you may want to take the grips off and give everything a spray.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote